Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
I have had a 120 amp leisure battery for the last four years. It will still run the TV at night for a few hours but it struggles with any extra drainage. Should I swap it for a new one, or is there any merit in coupling it up to an additional 120 amp. If the answer is to couple it up then comes the question of how.

I should add that I wear wellies and rubber gloves when I change a fuse.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
It's an ex-battery, dead, no more, *****d.

Time for a new one.

I'd expect 5 days TV out of that, maybe more.

Fuses should be changed only by a competent person.

Apr 29, 2012
Holmfirth
Funster No
MH
1990 Gulfstream RV
Exp
30yrs
if you have a dud battery, replace it, not add to it. A poor battery will be a constant drain on any other batteries connected to it. it is important that all batteries in a bank are replaced together, as in mobility scooters, golf carts etc. You should be able to change the battery without dressing up in rubber this time, unless you enjoy it.:roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I have had a 120 amp leisure battery for the last four years. It will still run the TV at night for a few hours but it struggles with any extra drainage. Should I swap it for a new one, or is there any merit in coupling it up to an additional 120 amp. If the answer is to couple it up then comes the question of how.

I should add that I wear wellies and rubber gloves when I change a fuse.

There's no harm in having two, but they should both be new. How? It involves running thick cable so that the positives are connected together and the negatives are connected together. How thick depends on how far the batteries are from each other.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Sounds dud and if your going to replace plus thinking of an additional battery then Now is the time to do it...
As mentioned get two the same....

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Sounds dud and if your going to replace plus thinking of an additional battery then Now is the time to do it...
As mentioned get two the same....

Or one really big one, if the dimensions match the space and you don't mind heavy lifting. Less rewiring that way.

I replaced my 105Ah with a 180Ah. And there's room for another if I move the engine battery back into the engine compartment.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back