MHFun Saturday Market at the Lincoln Show (1 Viewer)

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Get making, baking, creating and digging around the shed, house and loft for any items you would like to sell at our market which is being held in the event shelters at The Lincoln Show. It will be held on Saturday morning from 10 a.m. to midday, in conjunction with tea/coffee and biscuits which will be supplied by us, but of course any further donation of cakes/biscuits would be much appreciated. You just need to bring your own cups/mugs.

As we believe space will be an issue we feel a maximum 6 feet wide stand for each seller would be the ideal. Also to help the MHF kitty we think a £2.00 donation from each seller would be a nice idea.

Please note, nothing illegal to be sold or even given away.

Any questions please ask.

Nigel and Pamala - Sundowners
(Market/coffee morning organisers)

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Do we need to book a space for the market and are tables supplied or take our own. ?
First time at Lincoln..

OP
OP
Sundowners

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi
No need to book------first come first served, IF the weather is ok we can overspill outside if necessary--------bring your own table, as long as it fits within the 6 feet allowance.

Nigel and Pamala

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
Can I book a quadruple height spot please........had my orders to clear some of my 'junk' :cry::cry::cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lindylooj

Free Member
Jun 24, 2011
Weymouth, Dorset
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Newbie from Oct 2011
Good idea, hubbie has a box of books to get rid of, will bring the movelite awning and satellite in a case that we couldn't work out!. Always good to have a clear out! ::bigsmile:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
I have managed to get some more smilie face hats that light up and flash in the dark.

All profits on the hats go towards FUN

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Sundowners, Before I load my van up, are we likely to be stopped from having this market by Warners because they are so pernickity .. sorry sticklers for rules ..... highly inflexible .... er sorry lovely people .... ?

toledo

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2011
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Life Member
hola

:thumb: Can you sell anything all is it just to be mh/stuff :thumb:

Thanks

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Sundowners, Before I load my van up, are we likely to be stopped from having this market by Warners because they are so pernickity .. sorry sticklers for rules ..... highly inflexible .... er sorry lovely people .... ?

QUOTE: Toledo
Can you sell anything all is it just to be mh/stuff :thumb:quote

Most stuff can be related to motorhoming if you think about it from a different angle...:thumb:

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
We have stayed in the MCC area for the last 3 Malvern shows and at Peterborough this year, the amount of stuff that gets sold in that area would equip more than one shop

OP
OP
Sundowners

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years

This market is not open to the general public, purely for MHFunsters - selling and buying. It's a just a way of raising funds for the group.

This event will not be promoted outside the forum and is to be held in the event shelters so it is not openly selling.

Nigel and Pamala

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
If it's in our marquee and not advertised outside we should be OK. But the security can be a bit anal. We were told once that that a small sign on the rally marshal's gazebo, which said "Marshals have raffle tickets for sale":Doh: Was against the rules and should be removed, only traders who have paid a lot for their pitch are allowed to sell:Doh::Doh::Doh::ROFLMAO:

PeterCarole29

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 23, 2013
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Renault Master Fleetwood
Exp
20 years
If it's in our marquee and not advertised outside we should be OK. But the security can be a bit anal. We were told once that that a small sign on the rally marshal's gazebo, which said "Marshals have raffle tickets for sale":Doh: Was against the rules and should be removed, only traders who have paid a lot for their pitch are allowed to sell:Doh::Doh::Doh::ROFLMAO:
i always thought the stall holders paid a fortune for a pitch.After speaking to a graffics stand at Malvern he paid £200 for the weekend.couldnt beleive it.

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
BUMP!!

Just packing up the van ready to set off this afternoon on our round trip to Lincoln and managed to fill a small plastic crate with nick-nacks for the market sale - some of it's even useful! We've decided all the money made can go to whatever it is FUN is saving up for (some gutters for the social tent joins wouldn't go amiss if the Malvern gig was anything to go by :ROFLMAO: my shirt collar is still a bit damp! )

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
BUMP!!

Just packing up the van ready to set off this afternoon on our round trip to Lincoln and managed to fill a small plastic crate with nick-nacks for the market sale - some of it's even useful! We've decided all the money made can go to whatever it is FUN is saving up for[HI] (some gutters for the social tent joins wouldn't go amiss if the Malvern gig was anything to go by :ROFLMAO: my shirt collar is still a bit damp! )
[/HI]

Wooossss:ROFLMAO:

The wizened of OZ

Free Member
Jan 20, 2012
Brisbane Australia
Funster No
MH
C Class Bailey 745 SE
Exp
Newbie to U.K. Extensive in Oz.
Home to Oz

We have just recieved approval to take the motorhome back to Australia So we will be trying to get rid of all our surplus gear. We will not be selling the bits and pieces but asking for a donation to MHF. :Smile:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
We have just recieved approval to take the motorhome back to Australia So we will be trying to get rid of all our surplus gear. We will not be selling the bits and pieces but asking for a donation to MHF. :Smile:

Of the stuff you gonna leave behind at Lincoln I'll have one of those old black plates or bowls :winky::winky: ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Seriously though Congratulation to both of you on getting the go ahead for the m/h cleared for travel, but it will be sad to see you both go x...

John n Kath xx

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back