Been here before, but new now! (1 Viewer)

ChrisG46

Free Member
Feb 28, 2009
Felixstowe, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
VW Camper
Exp
Since Summer 2013
Well, I hope a few people remember me as the old geezer who started and ran The Caravan Channel TV show on Sky, and then the Caravan Diary website; Jim was kind enough to let me post odd videos and bits here, too.

I've just bought an aged but not-too-bad (I hope!) VW T25 camper, 1989 vintage, which I'm planning to do up a little, and meander about in over the next few years. Keeping up with my own tradition, I'm planning to make the odd video as I go along, mainly to keep myself amused - but I hope you find them amusing, too.

When I told one old friend that we'd bought the camper, one old caravanning friend (now an mh owner) said . . . "come over to the dark side, have you?" :Cool:

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Welcome back Chris.
I remember you doing the Caravan Channel. Didn't you do the boating channel as well ? You can tell what I get up to on those long, dark winters nights :Blush:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Hi and welcome back to fun

Its the only motorhome site I ever joined, because having come across it accidently I havent needed to elsewhere.

Why not join in with some of the meets.

There is bound to be a meet somewhere near you so why not come along, they run pretty much throughout the year. We even have an outdoor one in November at Mersea Island

Whilst touring and filming why not stop with us at the motorhome shows we always have a blast and every one is different

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ChrisG46

ChrisG46

Free Member
Feb 28, 2009
Felixstowe, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
VW Camper
Exp
Since Summer 2013
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk3ccNQcw48"]Campervan Diary - bringing it home . . - YouTube[/ame]

Drove about 70 miles from the "wilds of Norfolk"* back to Felixstowe, during which time the battery died completely, and I felt a bit fraught . .

Thanks for your kindly welcomes!

*As a Suffolk boy, I always have to refer to Norfolk in this way . .

Last edited:
OP
OP
ChrisG46

ChrisG46

Free Member
Feb 28, 2009
Felixstowe, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
VW Camper
Exp
Since Summer 2013
Welcome back Chris.
I remember you doing the Caravan Channel. Didn't you do the boating channel as well ? You can tell what I get up to on those long, dark winters nights :Blush:

Enjoyed doing both a great deal - the Caravan Channel was the best excuse in the world for doing stuff I enjoyed and getting paid (although never getting paid a LOT, sadly!). I managed 107 programmes, I think, before deciding wanted to quit before going in for a prostate op.

Boating TV was just a lot of fun to do, but I only made around 30 half-hours of that, mostly for nothing . . . but the freebie count was high . . ::bigsmile:

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Enjoyed doing both a great deal - the Caravan Channel was the best excuse in the world for doing stuff I enjoyed and getting paid (although never getting paid a LOT, sadly!). I managed 107 programmes, I think, before deciding wanted to quit before going in for a prostate op.

Boating TV was just a lot of fun to do, but I only made around 30 half-hours of that, mostly for nothing . . . but the freebie count was high . . ::bigsmile:

Well I enjoyed watching them, if that's any consolation ::bigsmile:

Hopefully you are fit and well now. :thumb:

Spenders

Free Member
Jan 19, 2013
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2013
Hullo!

Welcome back Chris.... it's still FUN!! LOL.

Simon

OP
OP
ChrisG46

ChrisG46

Free Member
Feb 28, 2009
Felixstowe, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
VW Camper
Exp
Since Summer 2013
Here's the second clip from the video diary - decided that the new van would have to have a major service, so thought we'd make a clip about that . .

[ame]http://youtu.be/uc460d0W1MQ[/ame]

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Welcome Chris. I am sure you will soon have that van ship shape. Look forward to meeting you at a meet sometime......but only if you promise to NOT video the pitiful attempts of some folks as they try to walk in a straight line when they leave the Funster tent in the early hours :ROFLMAO: or drop the van keys in the long grass in the dark :Doh:

OP
OP
ChrisG46

ChrisG46

Free Member
Feb 28, 2009
Felixstowe, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
VW Camper
Exp
Since Summer 2013
Here's the final video clip from this little sequence, before we actually get the old lady back on the road:

[ame]http://youtu.be/yHNeDO8ewjg[/ame]

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I liked the comment about "old" and "really old" campers :Smile:

No 1 son bought a 1981 Cavalier Coachman a couple of years ago. After a fair amount of work it's doing him proud - and hopefully will for some years to come :Smile:

OP
OP
ChrisG46

ChrisG46

Free Member
Feb 28, 2009
Felixstowe, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
VW Camper
Exp
Since Summer 2013
"Old" and "really old" are very relative!

Dot decided to buy a retirement flat, and we've now been here for around 8 years . . When we moved in, I wasn't 60, and was definitely the youngest here . . now I'm 67, and I suspect I'm still the youngest . . . so although I have moments when I think, "bugger, I'm getting old", in fact I'm still young enough to do daft things when I want to!

Like buying "relatively old" campers!

cbrookson

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2011
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur RX9 2012
Exp
Since 2001
Nice to see all those local road shots of the A140, A14 and Felixstowe.

Will follow the progress interest. Next time you break down on the A140 in the Stonhams drop in! ::bigsmile:

Cheers

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back