MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Just finished my "Secret" invention... :thumb:

Wiring all nice and neat & Tidy.. well pleased with myself.. :Smile:

Done it on a few RV`s and Motorhomes... we have had.... :thumb:

Saves a lot of backache, and so easy the Mrs can even do it.... :thumb:

Cannot tell you what it is.... Cos it wouldn`t be my "Secret"... would it.. ? :Doh::RollEyes:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Go on tell us and I will share my sherbert fountain :RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Fireman Sam

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Bushey
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Only since 2012, but I towed for many years
No interest whatsoever.................................................................Er go on whatisit?

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
I've got one of those, they're great!! Wouldn't be without mine!!

:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Go on tell us and I will share my sherbert fountain :RollEyes:

Can I dip my finger in your sherbert fountain.. ? Bruv.. :thumb:::bigsmile:

OK, But don't tell no one else... I think you have seen it before.. :Cool:

Just buy an Whale submersible pump from Ebay and a cigarette lighter plug... few foot of pipe..and an inline switch...

Pipe on whale gusher.... inline switch if your not near your cigarette lighter socket. to turn on and off.. (I`ve got one in the boot)...

Chuck the pump in your water container,,,, tother end of hose in your fresh water fill orifice in M/H or RV plug in switch on and transfer water from container...

Then if you run out of water, you don't have to run a hose or move the motor... :thumb:

Well it has worked for me lots of times, when I have not been near a tap... :thumb:

Attachments

• P1030275 (600 x 450).jpg
    P1030275 (600 x 450).jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 53
  • P1030276 (600 x 450).jpg
    P1030276 (600 x 450).jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 49
  • P1030277 (600 x 450).jpg
    P1030277 (600 x 450).jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 49

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Submersible 12v pump on my website a tenner! Lot cheaper than a whale

Peter

Attachments

• submersible_pump_10l__.jpg
    submersible_pump_10l__.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Oh Bu@g£r :whatthe: Do you mean I need not have spent all those times stood round the back of the van with a 25 litre water can precariously balanced on my shoulders while I suck through a tube to syphon out the contents :whatthe::whatthe::Eeek:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
making your own is so much cheaper than the whale superfill sold to do the same job. mind you i picked one up some time ago for under £10 unused on eBay. no way was i going to spend nearly £50 for a submersible pump, some hose, wire and a plug. they must think were all mugs:Doh:

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
making your own is so much cheaper than the whale superfill sold to do the same job. mind you i picked one up some time ago for under £10 unused on eBay. no way was i going to spend nearly £50 for a submersible pump, some hose, wire and a plug. they must think were all mugs:Doh:

The one I bought was a whale gusher, cant see pattern number... :RollEyes: and was £5.50 + £1.20 P&P.. :thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Our elddis had a 12v socket next to the fresh water filling point and came with a pump like Peter sells, so when we changed to the Adria I took the pump and bought a 12v extension and bobs your uncle or should that be Mo's your grandfather :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Promise I won't tell anyone about your invention

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Our elddis had a 12v socket next to the fresh water filling point and came with a pump like Peter sells, so when we changed to the Adria I took the pump and bought a 12v extension and bobs your uncle or should that be Mo's your grandfather :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

:thumb:

And don't they make light work of it if you only want to top up... :thumb:

Deleted User
Plastic watering cans ?????

easy to pour, 15litres at a time, lots of exercise walking to tap, cost next to nowt.....win win !!:Smile:

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
watering can gets my vote!

Sledge hammer and nuts comes to mind! A B&Q plastic watering can does the job beautifully and cheaply and I never flatten a battery.......

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Plastic watering cans ?????

easy to pour, 15litres at a time, lots of exercise walking to tap, cost next to nowt.....win win !!:Smile:

Sledge hammer and nuts comes to mind! A B&Q plastic watering can does the job beautifully and cheaply and I never flatten a battery.......

I would sooner carry 20 litres,(Well put it on my trolly) put it on the ground and let the pump do the work.... ::bigsmile:

Any thing for an easy life is me.. :Cool::thumb:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
uote=old-mo;832826]Can I dip my finger in your sherbert fountain.. ? Bruv.. :thumb:::bigsmile:

OK, But don't tell no one else... I think you have seen it before.. :Cool:

Just buy an Whale submersible pump from Ebay and a cigarette lighter plug... few foot of pipe..and an inline switch...

Pipe on whale gusher.... inline switch if your not near your cigarette lighter socket. to turn on and off.. (I`ve got one in the boot)...

Chuck the pump in your water container,,,, tother end of hose in your fresh water fill orifice in M/H or RV plug in switch on and transfer water from container...

Then if you run out of water, you don't have to run a hose or move the motor... :thumb:

Well it has worked for me lots of times, when I have not been near a tap... :thumb:

[/quote]

You must have told me your secret before Bro cos I already got one and collapsible plastic container.
Yes you can dip in my sherbet :thumb:::bigsmile:

Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

Similar here with our Autoquest. The pump didn't accompany it to the breaker's yard ::bigsmile: I just extended the lead as the Burstner has Hella sockets like the Autoquest external one was :thumb:

Deleted User
We have just bought a Hymer caravan and this has a direct water connection to the internal tank, a proper electrical socket and a switch all inside a neat little box on the side of the van. In a nice plastic bag is a submersible pump with the requisite water and electrical connections, don't know the make and its raining so can't be bothered to look.

As I don't have a water roller container thingy I will continue with the watering can :Smile:

Think of everything the Germans !!!

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
We have just bought a Hymer caravan and this has a direct water connection to the internal tank, a proper electrical socket and a switch all inside a neat little box on the side of the van. In a nice plastic bag is a submersible pump with the requisite water and electrical connections, don't know the make and its raining so can't be bothered to look.

As I don't have a water roller container thingy I will continue with the watering can :Smile:

[HI]Think of everything the Germans [/HI]!!!

I was going to say make sure you switch off the gas before you go in the shower but I just knew someone would not find it funny and complain so I did not (oh bugger I did):ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back