Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Up to £100 with 3 points,just got one .Bit gutted as my licence has been clean for a while.My speed awareness course obviously hasnt worked . :Smile:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Up to £100 with 3 points,just got one .Bit gutted as my licence has been clean for a while.My speed awareness course obviously hasnt worked . :Smile:

I am opening my post with trepidation at the moment following a dash to Wales last week.:Blush:

OP
OP
Daveo2006

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
I was done in Wrotham which by some sneaky ,horrible little knob jockey sitting right on a limit change.I had a fire engine in front of me with its lights on :ROFLMAO: . He must of taken a dim view.:RollEyes: Oh well shit happens,i will have to charge my customer for a few extras :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
i'm sweating a little too at moment; 2 days ago 36 mph past a 30 camera which i pass " carefully" regularly :Doh:

no flash twas in daylight so i'm hoping it was not switched on! :Eeek:

wishful thinking i think its called :Doh:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

never does, never will.

its looked on as an easy way to avoid points and little else.

if you spend all your driving time concentrating on your speed you aint concentrating on your, and others, safety.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
[HI][/HI]
[HI]Up to £100 with 3 points,just got one [/HI].Bit gutted as my licence has been clean for a while.My speed awareness course obviously hasnt worked . :Smile:

In my defence, your honour, I had a feeling he was going to my house...

But as soon as the fire engine went past my road I eased up... :RollEyes::ROFLMAO:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I am opening my post with trepidation at the moment following a dash to Wales last week.:Blush:

Surely they wouldn`t have the cheek to book us L M`bers..

Would they Chris.. ?.. :RollEyes::ROFLMAO:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Surely they wouldn`t have the cheek to book us L M`bers..

Would they Chris.. ?.. :RollEyes::ROFLMAO:

I think they might Mo.

I got a ticket for parking today and the [STRIKE]shi[/STRIKE] bloke who gave me the ticket said being a life member of MHF didn't make any difference.

Madness:Doh:

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
I remember the old country points for speeding.:ROFLMAO:

Hope it never comes here.
Dont even have to tell them who was driving just payup.

Mel

Microchip

Free Member
Apr 8, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2005
My daughter and son inlaw holidayed in France last year and used my sat nav to get where they needed to go to...complaint...it keeps telling me (I'm speeding) oh says I then you didn't get caught then did you..
If you listen to advice you won't be done for speeding :Cool: lesson learnt the hard way
Strange advise but it works..

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
North Yorkshire has NO fixed camera's of any kind.....but we now have 3 camera vans.

but they are making up for years of lost revenue at a hell of a rate.

the local newspaper print a list, and local radio also announce it, of which Scarborough area roads, and the dates, the cameras will be on.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Whats the hurry. Did a speed awareness course six weeks ago,, THE COST £92 HAS SLOWED ME DOWN. Car and van travel in third gear now unless in NATIONAL SPEED LIMIT. BUSBY::bigsmile:

keithcdb

Free Member
May 31, 2013
scotland
Funster No
MH
Iveco
Exp
Shamefully managed 6 points in one day in the old beemer, slowed me down now :Doh:

OP
OP
Daveo2006

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Whats the hurry. Did a speed awareness course six weeks ago,, THE COST £92 HAS SLOWED ME DOWN. Car and van travel in third gear now unless in NATIONAL SPEED LIMIT. BUSBY::bigsmile:

Give it time.:Smile:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
My Wife was the best got ticket through the post 36 in a 30 zone, dated the
19th Jan 2013, for speeding on the 14th Jan 2013, We had sailed to Bilboa on the 6th Jan 2013 got back 29th June 2013, also found a second summons dated Feb taking her to court for not responding to the first letter, best was we sold her car on 5th Dec 2012 and received confirmation on the 14 Dec 2012 from Swansea of none ownership, It took several calls and letters to the Preston office dealing to sort it out but she still got the summons to appear in court, talk about the left hand not knowing what the right is doing, all ended happy. Pete :Doh::Doh::Doh:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Whats the hurry. Did a speed awareness course six weeks ago,, THE COST £92 HAS SLOWED ME DOWN. [HI]Car and van travel in third gear now[/HI] unless in NATIONAL SPEED LIMIT. BUSBY::bigsmile:

and now another £92 a month on the fuel bill for driving everywhere in 3rd gear..........:Doh:

:RollEyes::RollEyes::winky:

::bigsmile:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
North Yorkshire has NO fixed camera's of any kind.....but we now have 3 camera vans.

but[HI] they are making up for years of lost revenue at a hell of a rate[/HI].

[HI]the local newspaper print a list, and local radio also announce it[/HI], of which Scarborough area roads, and the dates, the cameras will be on.

Still plenty of volunteers then John, even when they know? :Smile:

Nov 1, 2011
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
A Class Pilote
Exp
since August 2012
As Michael Caine might have said, "not a lot of people know this - HGVs over 7.5 tonnes have a speed limit on single carriageway roads of 40 mph"

My guess is that 95% of them exceed this limit but how many are prosecuted? Has anyone ever heard of a prosecution?

I think it would cause chaos if HGVs observed this limit - perhaps the police think so too. So are they using their discretion with HGVs and nicking car drivers like the guy who bought Pete's wife's car for doing 36 in a 30 area???

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
My Wife was the best got ticket through the post 36 in a 30 zone, dated the
19th Jan 2013, for speeding on the 14th Jan 2013, We had sailed to Bilboa on the 6th Jan 2013 got back 29th June 2013, also found a second summons dated Feb taking her to court for not responding to the first letter, best was we sold her car on 5th Dec 2012 and received confirmation on the 14 Dec 2012 from Swansea of none ownership, It took several calls and letters to the Preston office dealing to sort it out but she still got the summons to appear in court, talk about the left hand not knowing what the right is doing, all ended happy. Pete :Doh::Doh::Doh:

Should have gone to Court with proof of notifying idiots at Preston with proof of non ownership etc and claimed damages for loss of earnings and mental stress incurred plus defamation of your name.

Did that to a Water Company once, Judge threw it out of Court for wasting his time and lawyer got me £400 damages:thumb:

Teach them a lesson:thumb:

Peter

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
As Michael Caine might have said, "not a lot of people know this - HGVs over 7.5 tonnes have a speed limit on single carriageway roads of 40 mph"

My guess is that 95% of them exceed this limit but how many are prosecuted? Has anyone ever heard of a prosecution?

I think it would cause chaos if HGVs observed this limit - perhaps the police think so too. So are they using their discretion with HGVs and nicking car drivers like the guy who bought Pete's wife's car for doing 36 in a 30 area???

A75 between Gretna and Stranraer....main route to and from the Irish ferry terminal.
the road is maybe 80/90 miles from end to end and a well signposted 40 limit all the way except a few miles of dual carriageway.

95% of HGV's DO stick to the 40mph limit.....and yes, it causes a lot of stress and arguments.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
A75 between Gretna and Stranraer....main route to and from the Irish ferry terminal.
the road is maybe 80/90 miles from end to end and a well signposted 40 limit all the way except a few miles of dual carriageway.

95% of HGV's DO stick to the 40mph limit.....and yes, it causes a lot of stress and arguments.

But why should it cause stress and arguments? Could it be because those who become stressed have caused their own problems because they left themselves insufficient time for their journey?

The A75 has been the same (as far as HGV traffic is concerned) for donkeys years. When we used to use it more often we used to check the ferry times and try to schedule the journey for the in between times when it was a lot quieter.

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
We have taken to driving everywhere, where allowed, at 50mph. Less stress and a major saving in fuel, especially in the motorhome.
As for HGV's and the speed limit, try the A1 north of Berwick, utter chaos. All the big fleet drivers stick to the limit, while the independent's and most foreigner's barrel along, usually right up my tail pipe. Never seen a traffic car on that road in 18 months apart from when the road was closed following an accident.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
In more than 1.5 million miles driven since I passed my test I've never received a speeding fine, that's not to say I've never broken the limits but I've been lucky and never been caught. Nowadays I am careful about speed limits and use the cruise to keep the speed within them. I save my speed for the race track!

D.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back