pamella

Free Member
Aug 19, 2013
walsall, west mids
Funster No
MH
c class?
Exp
where could our drain down valve be for the truma water heater?
its the old black one ...1988 on the sticker.
would it not have had one then??:Blush:

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Can say with yours but ours is at side of boiler pull up a small Black plunger and lift a small red lever then all water runs out
I tried :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
The one we had in our G Reg (1989) had a brass nut on the bottom, that drained the whole thing, but you had to place a bowl under it as it drained straight on to the kitchen unit, and not outside:Doh:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P

pamella

Free Member
Aug 19, 2013
walsall, west mids
Funster No
MH
c class?
Exp
right,so in the bottom of the wardrobe i can see the fresh water inlet and can follow that to the tank under the seat.then from there i can see the clear white tube that comes from where i think the pump would be drawing it up and can follow that tube all the way to the boiler.there is nothing attatched to it apart from the two jubilee clips holding it together where it has either been cut or maybe something used to be there(nearer to the tank than the boiler).
over on the opposite side under a seat is a red drin down valve,i opened it and alot of water drained from it?what could that be?it seemed alot of water to just be sat in pipe work.this pipe is also clear white.
underneath the van about 3 foot in behind the wheel on the same side as the boiler i can see a white tube sticking out of the floor?the type you would put a grey tube on to empty grey water?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P

pamella

Free Member
Aug 19, 2013
walsall, west mids
Funster No
MH
c class?
Exp
yeh,i've followed to tube with my hand that takes the pumped water from the tank to the boiler and found nothing.i am wondering if it has been directed around the van to the other side and that is what i emptied earlier..it is this one..
Boiler 50 mbarSeries 1,
from year of manufacture 1986
until year of manufacture 02/1992
on the truma site,one of the earlier posters put the site on

Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
yeh,i've followed to tube with my hand that takes the pumped water from the tank to the boiler and found nothing.i am wondering if it has been directed around the van to the other side and that is what i emptied earlier..it is this one..
[HI]Boiler 50 mbarSeries 1,
from year of manufacture 1986
until year of manufacture 02/1992[/HI]
on the truma site,one of the earlier posters put the site on

OK. See diagram BO on page 3 of the PDF. The yellow lever which you mentioned earlier is the part labelled 14.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P

pamella

Free Member
Aug 19, 2013
walsall, west mids
Funster No
MH
c class?
Exp
yep,i can see 14 on the diagram but it is definately not there.the hose does split off to go to the toilet and round to the kitchen.just before the kitchen there is a valve there?

Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
yep,i can see 14 on the diagram but it is definately not there.the hose does split off to go to the toilet and round to the kitchen.just before the kitchen there is a valve there?

It should be somewhere near the boiler as, otherwise, it won't drain it. To progress any further I really think photos of your particular van are needed I'm afraid.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P

pamella

Free Member
Aug 19, 2013
walsall, west mids
Funster No
MH
c class?
Exp
sorry i didnt come back with the photos but we went away over the weekend.
i have got an english manual and discovered that our drain valve is indeed opposite the boiler and fresh tank and the white spout underneath is the drain down for the fresh tank.
so by opening these up i think we can drain down properly?
what is the thing where you blow down the taps please?
once i have mastered this do you think the mh is ready to be laid up for winter?obviously empty the waste too.??

Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
sorry i didnt come back with the photos but we went away over the weekend.
i have got an english manual and discovered that our drain valve is indeed opposite the boiler and fresh tank and the white spout underneath is the drain down for the fresh tank.
so by opening these up i think we can drain down properly?
[HI]what is the thing where you blow down the taps please?[/HI]
once i have mastered this do you think the mh is ready to be laid up for winter?obviously empty the waste too.??

As far as I'm concerned just the shower hose. Remove the head and blow down the hose. I believe that some others use some sort of kit to make sure everything is totally drained. Hopefully somebody will come along to explain.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back