Free Member
May 17, 2012
kent
Funster No
MH
C Class??
Exp
I'm a newbie
The big trip starts tomorrow :thumb:, Eurotunnel at 10.20 and in France for midday. Hope to do France, Portugal & Spain before heading back at end of April. Its been a long time in the planning stages so really hoping that it all goes well. Must admit I am absolutely terrified :cry:but reading all your posts and knowing that you Funsters do this day in and day out does go some way to reassuring me that we will be fine and have great fun. First stop is Le Mont St Michel and then just driving blind after that.
Should any of you see us (Bailey 760 & with our Funster stickers) please feel free to knock & offer as much advice & tips as you have.

Wish us well,

Jackie, Steve & Albie

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
How exciting, you will have a lovely time I am sure. We are not off for another 3 weeks and only have a miserly 18 days there but can't wait.

Enjoy and keep us all posted on your journeys:thumb:

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
Hope you'll call in to see us in Basse-Normandie some time - we won't be home till after 16th Sept.though :Smile:

so maybe on your way back ... Enjoy!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hope you'll call in to see us in Basse-Normandie some time - we won't be home till after 16th Sept.though :Smile:

so maybe on your way back ... Enjoy!!

We are still planning to call by and say hello. Might even sample that resturant you mentioned the other week.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Safe travels. Have fun and please try to do a blog of your journey..

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
dont forget to visit pedro's in albuferia portugal great place and all for 7.50e a night have a great time may cya on ya travels will be out in spain in january

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
And on your way south - or north - you could visit us at Parc Verger in the beautiful Limousin. If you are into good food then many Funsters will recommend Dino's in our local village, one commented that their pizzas are to die for! (They do other meals as well).

Wherever you go have a great time.
Bob
www.parcverger.com

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
hope to still be out there till end of march plan is to do beni or around there for new year so far its us pete and ken (beerdrinker1) feb meet with funsters in portugal then march the marbella meet may have to travel back but airport parking at alicante is good around 70 quid for the month and comfort is ok with the insurance to park there

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
That's our plans also, just have to get the car sold and we will be away as well for 6 months, can't book ferry yet though as not sure on our date out, might see you on our travels ?
First time for us to winter abroad although lots of you do it, we think once we have done it once, never again in the uk?

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
if you get to portugal as well as pedro's try the wild camping on the front at sagre's a beautiful place to watch the world go by and portugal has great aires as well you will love it

OP
OP
J

jackierals

Free Member
May 17, 2012
kent
Funster No
MH
C Class??
Exp
I'm a newbie
And on your way south - or north - you could visit us at Parc Verger in the beautiful Limousin. If you are into good food then many Funsters will recommend Dino's in our local village, one commented that their pizzas are to die for! (They do other meals as well).

Wherever you go have a great time.
Bob
www.parcverger.com

Bob,

We are at at La Rochelle at the moment till end of week and you were to be our next stop, as long as the sun is shining and you have room for our little Albie.
Can you send me the coordinates or are they on the website or in ACSI book?

Jackie & Steve

OP
OP
J

jackierals

Free Member
May 17, 2012
kent
Funster No
MH
C Class??
Exp
I'm a newbie
well after two weeks of hanging about in the north ish with the weather getting worse & worse we are now in Argeles-sur-mer, about as south as you can get, sooner than we wanted but weather is great. Gonna stay here for a few days & enjoy the sunshine & then a defo visit to Lourdes. Don't know what road we'll try after that but that's the beauty of being in a motorhome?? So far so good & have really enjoyed remembering & using my secondary school French, will be a shame to leave it. Have not seen any "Chien Coiffeurs" on our travels so will have to ask soon lol.
All in all, I would say I don't know why I was so worried, (touch wood) ha ha

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back