LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Does any body use smelly stuff in their Elsan Tank even with one of them SOG kits... (Take away smell things).. ?

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
No need with a SOG.

Thanks , Brian...:thumb:

Another thing learnt...

My **** don't stink anyway, cant speak for the others in my household.. :RollEyes::Cool::winky:

Hope your coming to Shepton... then you can answer all my questions to my face..:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hope your coming to Shepton... then you can answer all my questions to my face..:thumb:

Sorry no.

Last show is Lincoln. A bit far for you even if I managed to get you a safe passage pass. Anyway, you'd not cope with the language.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Does any body use smelly stuff in their Elsan Tank even with one of them SOG kits... (Take away smell things).. ?

wat is a SOG kit or are thay for fancy RV's :Eeek:

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
wat is a SOG kit or are thay for fancy RV's :Eeek:

It is a set of fans and filters and stuff to remove toilet smells from cassette toilets. It has nothing to do with fancy RVs. They have marine toilets and holding tanks instead, so need neither SOG or fluid.

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Never bothered with chemicals with a SOG on our van. Ours is a factory fit with the vent in the roof, so no need for filters either.

Same as you, this must have been factory fitted, as in the 4th photo, plugs into the poring spout..

With a pipe going up to the roof and out through a little mushroom thingy.. :thumb:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
I take a teaspoon of Brute Aftershave just before I go to bed, that sorts out any problems..

Second tip, park upwind of Burstners, and if the wind changes direction, MOVE...You will be ok upwind or downwind from Rapido's, they are refined our pooh does not smell.

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Rapido. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Stop me & buy one. :Tongue1:

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Elsans and fluid

Dont have a sog, and dont use fluid as tooooo expensive.
Just empty and wash out daily,:Doh:

s

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
A SOG keeps toilet from smelling in van but god the smell when you empty it is ripe. BUSBY:roflmto:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
A SOG keeps toilet from smelling in van but god the smell when you empty it is ripe. BUSBY:roflmto:

Just going to post that myself, don't get to close to somebody in front of you at the elsan, stinks to high heaven. :Doh::Doh:

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
I take a teaspoon of Brute Aftershave just before I go to bed, that sorts out any problems..

Second tip, park upwind of Burstners, and if the wind changes direction, MOVE...You will be ok upwind or downwind from Rapido's, they are refined our pooh does not smell.
Concur::bigsmile:

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp

Just going to post that myself, don't get to close to somebody in front of you at the elsan, stinks to high heaven. :Doh::Doh:

Sorry guy`s...

My **** don't stink... :thumb:

Cos Mummy said I`m her little Angel... and we all know Angels are perfect... :Cool:

And Mum`s are always right... :RollEyes:

:winky::ROFLMAO:

Aug 21, 2008
skegness
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
Blue Loo

There must be more than me that still use blue loo, we've tried all the alternatives but have always gone back to blue, like the smell when you open the hatch and you're not to embarrassed when you come out of a public toilet after disposing of its contents.
Alan

keithcdb

Free Member
May 31, 2013
scotland
Funster No
MH
Iveco
Exp
There must be more than me that still use blue loo, we've tried all the alternatives but have always gone back to blue, like the smell when you open the hatch and you're not to embarrassed when you come out of a public toilet after disposing of its contents.
Alan

The blue stuff is good enough for me, not had any problems yet :thumb:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I was under the impression that Blue chemical was pretty bad for normal sewage systems.

I was under the impression that some countries (eg Germany) had banned it.

SOGs are great... you pay a load of money for a twelve volt fan which blows your poo smells out of your loo into the air around your neighbours van. Park right and maybe you can get it into their awning.

But like old-mo... I don't need to worry as my "aroma" is similar to expensive, designer perfume...

JJ :Cool:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Alan

We found a brand new 2 litre bottle of Double Blue toilet stuff inside our front gate a couple of weeks ago:whatthe: We have no idea who left it there, but must be someone who sees the van parked behind the house. We thought we would use it in the new van that we came south for yesterday. However, the toilet flusher comes off the fresh water, so we can't stick any blue liquid into it:Sad:

Aug 21, 2008
skegness
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
Toilet blue

We found a brand new 2 litre bottle of Double Blue toilet stuff inside our front gate a couple of weeks ago:whatthe: We have no idea who left it there, but must be someone who sees the van parked behind the house. We thought we would use it in the new van that we came south for yesterday. However, the toilet flusher comes off the fresh water, so we can't stick any blue liquid into it:Sad:

Our system is the same our flush comes from the fresh water tank But you add the blue to the cassette.
JJ I allways think of the caravan club as being a green organisation and they sell blue in there receptions/shops so it can't be all bad
I don't know anything about blue being banned on german sites but the germans certainly use blue on sites in Spain as do the dutch
Alan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back