LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
We are off down to Birmingham on Tuesday to give the van a makeover. I just wanted to get rid of the carpet and have vinyl flooring fitted, but after herself had spotted some nice half leather seats at Malvern it has turned into a complete makeover :Doh:. Nothing at all wrong with the original seat coverings or the curtains, but hay ho. She has decided on a fancy headboard for the fixed bed (why). New curtains and cushions to match. All three captains chairs recovered in light blue leather with darker blue inserts. Couch recovered in same to match. New dashboard carpet in blue. Bonnet cover in blue leather. Cab over-mats in blue. Grey vinyl flooring with blue over-mats. I know how JJ feels now :RollEyes:. There was a lot to be said for being a bachelor. Will post photos when done.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Good luck with that.. Hope it all goes well and you end up with a great looking second home :thumb:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Hope all goes well.

When its finished just pretend you are collecting a brand new motorhome :thumb::thumb:

at least a makeover is far cheaper than changing vehicles

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hope all goes well.

When its finished just pretend you are collecting a brand new motorhome :thumb::thumb:

at least a makeover is far cheaper than changing vehicles

I can assure you Gail, I will not be changing this one. Having had enough motorhomes over the years to compare, this is definitely staying :thumb:.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Light Blue hey?

A fine choice of colour...

Blue Moon...

JJ :Cool:

Whilst considering your generous offer I thought it only right to have it done in your colours JJ.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
We are off down to Birmingham on Tuesday to give the van a makeover. I just wanted to get rid of the carpet and have vinyl flooring fitted, but after herself had spotted some nice half leather seats at Malvern it has turned into a complete makeover :Doh:. Nothing at all wrong with the original seat coverings or the curtains, but hay ho. She has decided on a fancy headboard for the fixed bed (why). New curtains and cushions to match. All three captains chairs recovered in light blue leather with darker blue inserts. Couch recovered in same to match. New dashboard carpet in blue. Bonnet cover in blue leather. Cab over-mats in blue. Grey vinyl flooring with blue over-mats. I know how JJ feels now :RollEyes:. There was a lot to be said for being a bachelor. Will post photos when done.

:RollEyes::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

Dave.:Doh:This is leaving it wide open for a Shifftzz comment ....:RollEyes: :winky::winky:

looking forward to seeing the photo's

Last edited:
OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Dave.:Doh:This is leaving it wide open for a Shifftzz comment ....:RollEyes: :winky::winky:

looking forward to seeing the photo's

No problem there. He will be tucked up in his playpen at this time of night ::bigsmile:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Tell Pat I am proud of her, sounds as if it will be just perfect :thumb:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Well thats the job done. I cannot thank CareAvan enough for what I can only describe as one of the most professional, motivated, customer friendly businesses I have ever dealt with. There workmanship and attention to detail is so refreshing in the modern world that we now live in. This is what I would call an old school company that listens to what the customer wants and liaises with there customer all along the way. George, the head boy knows his job and I will be the first to admit, I am not easily pleased. Quality is a word that George understands and it shows in his work. How many bosses do you know that are prepared to come into work at 4 AM bringing 2 of his workers with him to make sure a job is done on time ?. Andy the guy that painstakingly took out the original carpets and refitted new cab carpets, dashboard carpet and vinyl flooring to a standard that was done when the van was originally built 23 years ago, coming in at 6 AM and working all day without as much as lunch. Big Mo, the guy that built up the half leather seats so they were not just good, but perfect. The machinists that that took the time to make sure the stitching was perfect after George had done a perfect pattern match whilst cutting so that every seat pattern was a perfect match. I cannot thank you all enough for the dedication and effort beyond the call of duty and not forgetting Paul for what can only be described as an unbelievable deal. I arrived at there Birmingham premises and camped out there with 3 other motorhomers until Thursday evening when I left I had to go down to Gloucester to collect some American sewer parts. On arrival at the American dealers one of the partners met me and was astounded at the quality of work and commented about the leather quality. When a dealer in American RVs tells you the leather is the best they have ever seen, that's enough for me. I have a fealing that CareAvan are going to be very busy in the future, so if you are thinking about a makeover, now is the time to get on with it. Paul can be contacted on 07772697981 or at there website www.careavan.org I have no connection with this company only being a very, very satisfied customer. If I was not satisfied with there work I would have posted that also.

Attachments

• RMB makeover 017.jpg
    RMB makeover 017.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 165
  • RMB makeover 010.jpg
    RMB makeover 010.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 154
  • RMB makeover 015.jpg
    RMB makeover 015.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 151
  • RMB makeover 009.jpg
    RMB makeover 009.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 154
  • RMB makeover 014.jpg
    RMB makeover 014.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 159

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
That looks a great job, love the floor too. As you know when we came for a nose around your van at Malveren we were thinking of getting a makeover done on our old Hyme. Couldn't decide which company to go with - Careavan or Tappers, this this might have decided us now.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Love the look of it, :Blush:wonder if I could get that done in Morocco and what would the cost be there. Not many vans around with the quality of yours built in.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I liked the look of your van before I do not like it now Dave

I absolutely LOVE IT :thumb: it looks fantastic::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Oh come on JJ. Surely it's worth £25 now even without the crest :ROFLMAO:

Do you think I would devalue such an iconic motorhome by putting some obscure football club crest on it. Anyway such an act would be suicidal living in Liverpool :RollEyes:.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Like it :thumb:

Bit disappointed that you didn't go for the blue leather steering wheel to match though :winky:

Blue leather steering wheel Neil. Are you mad, am a fully paid up member of the black hand gang. I am more than a little worried now though as I may not be allowed in there without white gloves on.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Blue leather steering wheel Neil. Are you mad, am a fully paid up member of the black hand gang. I am more than a little worried now though as I may not be allowed in there without white gloves on.

Is there any truth in the rumour that Pat has put in an order for a pallet full of Liverpool police surplus SOCO suits? :roflmto:

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010

OK....I know I'm pretty naive at times....you'll have to educate me...

....black hand gang?

I tried Googling....and I don't think any of the results were appropriate ::bigsmile:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Very nice job snowbird :thumb: so glad it worked out nice for you and thanks for the pics.
I'm booked in at Tappers on the 16th coming up. This is after a quote at the Northern Show and I'll reciprocate with pictures of what I sincerely hope will be what we expect.

Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
OK....I know I'm pretty naive at times....you'll have to educate me...

[HI]....black hand gang?[/HI]

I tried Googling....and I don't think any of the results were appropriate ::bigsmile:

It means that Dave gets his hands all clarted up with oil and other muck and forgets where the soap and water is before placing said hands on Pat's freshly laundered antimacassars :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
Hi Snowbird, I'm a bit slow but I've only just read this thread. We met last Tuesday when we dropped off our van (Chausson) at Careavan for re upholstery. Shame we spoke briefly but I didn't realise you were a "fellow traveller". Nice to have met you.
I'm delighted the job looks so good. We don't pick ours up until next Tuesday (we're local so there was no hurry) and I'm really looking forward to the change.
I hope your next 20 years of motor homing are as successful as the first.

Bryn:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back