Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I intend to change the cam belt on my new to us van when I get it next week
1 how big a job
2 does anyone have the technical info for 1990 fiat ducato 2.5 td or know where I can get it
3 and can it be dune DIY on drive way
Hope someone can help
I am a not bad DIY mechanic but never done one on fiat before thanks bill

bill

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
1 how big a job
2 does anyone have the technical info for 1990 fiat ducato 2.5 td or know where I can get it
Hope someone can help

bill
It’s ok funster got the answer I needed somewhere else
:moon::moon2:bye
At the moment both but know how to do the job now I am sure the on her there is someone who could have given me the info but I do notice that for a lot if there is no finical benefit or benefit to them and I do think that forums are to help and give help and advice but maybe i got it wrong

Last edited:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
It’s ok funster got the answer I needed somewhere else
:moon::moon2:bye
At the moment both but know how to do the job now I am sure the on her there is someone who could have given me the info but I do notice that for a lot if there is no finical benefit or benefit to them and I do think that forums are to help and give help and advice but maybe i got it wrong

did you consider that august bank holiday most members where away in their vans? I also dont think its fair to say people only offer advice on here if there is money in it for them somehow.... very insulting really for this to be thought let alone posted:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

keithcdb

Free Member
May 31, 2013
scotland
Funster No
MH
Iveco
Exp
Wow, you used the interweb to find the answer to your original question.....

Well done YOU :Doh:

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
The normal way to resurrect a post that may have been missed or overlooked is to 'Bump' it, someone will always pick it up next time round, in this case though I think the poster may have pi55ed on his chips:Eeek:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
did you consider that august bank holiday most members where away in their vans? I also dont think its fair to say people only offer advice on here if there is money in it for them somehow.... very insulting really for this to be thought let alone posted:Doh:

Bugger !!!!
i knew i was doing something wrong. :Doh:

if i charged for advise given on here, right or wrong, i wouldn't need to sell my RV to fund a house move....i could just buy a new house :roflmto:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
1 how big a job
Hope someone can help

bill

1) about 2 to 3 hours if you aint done one before.

2) dont need it...just a set of locking pins (or suitably sized drill bits) for pump, crank and camshaft, and a socket/spanner set

3) yes...if it doesnt rain.

how does that compare to your info ?

ps...my invoice is in the post.

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Bugger !!!!
i knew i was doing something wrong. :Doh:

if i charged for advise given on here, right or wrong, i wouldn't need to sell my RV to fund a house move....i could just buy a new house :roflmto:
sorry funster's i suffer from depression sometimes haven’t been having a good week sorry if I have hurt sum felling’s will try not to let it happen again at least when I am sober but sometimes you say things you don’t mean when you have a drink :Blush::sorry2:

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
sorry funster's i suffer from depression sometimes haven’t been having a good week sorry if I have hurt sum felling’s will try not to let it happen again at least when I am sober but sometimes you say things you don’t mean when you have a drink :Blush::sorry2:

Good man!!, takes a lot to apologise. As we all know the demon drink loosens the tongue:RollEyes: Best bet is no typing when on the tins:thumb:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
I used to suffer depression for many years until I found the cure - been great since. Alcohol is not the answer!

You can do it yourself, your biggest problem will be ensuring the woodruff key doesn't slip back - even garages have been known to make that mistake! It is spring loaded and will snap back without you noticing unless you are careful and ensure it is locked right. It will knock you timing out, over fuel and become a little gutless and thirsty.

Average garage price to belt/tensioners and pump is around £250 margin.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
It takes a good man to apologise:thumb:

depression is an awful illness, nobody can see it but it can have a bad impact on your whole life. have been there myself, so know the pitfalls and mistakes that can be made. after such bad news last week, its hardly surprising you got a bit wound up. try not to beat yourself up over it, as life does go on:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back