Free Member
Jan 26, 2013
Devon/Cornwall border
Funster No
MH
Hymer b544
Exp
since 2003
Im after a winter full cover for our Hymer B644. It's about 6.8 metres long usual height and width. Anything considered.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Any suggestions as to what type of cover? I'm aware that some have caused scratches and others have speeded up the rusting of vehicles due to condensation building up. What types would be best?

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
Personally after using one on a caravan a few years back I wouldn't bother, get yourself a garden sprayer and a couple of bottles of Fenwicks overwintering fluid, a good wash down and a good coating of the fluid will protect your vehicle and stop grime and algae sticking to the vehicle, plus you can still use the vehicle if you choose without all the hassle of removing huge covers, to remove the waxy like film left by the fluid just wash over again with a slightly stronger than normal solution of Fenwicks motorhome cleaner, no connection with the company just my opinion after personal experience

OP
OP
Nigel67

Nigel67

Free Member
Jan 26, 2013
Devon/Cornwall border
Funster No
MH
Hymer b544
Exp
since 2003
Personally after using one on a caravan a few years back I wouldn't bother, get yourself a garden sprayer and a couple of bottles of Fenwicks overwintering fluid, a good wash down and a good coating of the fluid will protect your vehicle and stop grime and algae sticking to the vehicle, plus you can still use the vehicle if you choose without all the hassle of removing huge covers, to remove the waxy like film left by the fluid just wash over again with a slightly stronger than normal solution of Fenwicks motorhome cleaner, no connection with the company just my opinion after personal experience

I would prefer a cover as we use the motorhome all year round and it's nice to just take off the cover and drive off all clean and tidy. We used to have a protec cover on our previous motorhome and it was ideal but a little expensive. The door and clear solar panel window was really handy. We never suffered any damage or others problems using a cover. It worked really well for us.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back