Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Hello, In 1980 4 of us chipped in and bought a vw van and did a hasty chipboard conversion and a 2 ring camping stove and headed off from Holland to Italy, we went via spain Portugal and Morocco, it was while dossing at Taghazout beach {I believe you now call it wildcamping:Smile:} we met a couple from England in a motorhome, by the end of the week there were about 5 of them who had met each other at different sites in spain/Portugal etc. I remember thinking how great is that. Well my wife and I are now looking for a MH after years of touring on a motorbike and in 3 yrs when I retire were heading off for the winter, 33yrs after the seeds were sown.
Dave.
plus lots of touring in this country over the next 2yrs,

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
hi Busman welcome to fun

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi. in 76 4 of us did france grape picking then on to morocco in a ford thames van with a ford cortina engine .taghazoute was very small in them days . we used to sleep usually at the other end of the beach near devils rock . where the sea blows up through a crack in the rock. hardly recognise it now but you may find some of the same tagga crowd are there .roger from holland . mind a few of the older ones are passed away .
get down there and have fun .the surf is still good but taking old clothes and radio,s are out now . selling m,bikes etc and vehicle parts still work.
there are about 40,000 vans hit maroc in the winter now you might be suprised . but get a truck much better . go all the places you can on the bike almost . sling a dax in the back for those local rides .

Last edited:

robi49

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Beith
Funster No
MH
low profile Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Hi Busman

Hello, In 1980 4 of us chipped in and bought a vw van and did a hasty chipboard conversion and a 2 ring camping stove and headed off from Holland to Italy, we went via spain Portugal and Morocco, it was while dossing at Taghazout beach {I believe you now call it wildcamping:Smile:} we met a couple from England in a motorhome, by the end of the week there were about 5 of them who had met each other at different sites in spain/Portugal etc. I remember thinking how great is that. Well my wife and I are now looking for a MH after years of touring on a motorbike and in 3 yrs when I retire were heading off for the winter, 33yrs after the seeds were sown.
Dave.
Check out Caravan club Classifieds and Motorhome facts webs.
i am selling a 2008 Dethleffs Summer edition on a Ford 2.2 DTci Transit so i can buy another brand new Dethleffs before i finally put the tool box away for ever I hope.:Cool:

Last edited:

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
icon1.gif
Hi Busman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busman Link Removed
Dave.

Check out Caravan club Classifieds and Motorhome facts webs.
i am selling a 2008 Dethleffs Summer edition on a Ford 2.2 DTci Transit so i can buy another brand new Dethleffs before i finally put the tool box away for ever I hope.:Cool:

I think it will pay you to keep your toolbox LOL :RollEyes:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
headed off from Holland to Italy, we went via spain Portugal and Morocco, it was while dossing at Taghazout beach ,

Those 1980 satnavs weren't up to much, were they.

Do a search on here for Morocc, that will get the juices flowing, as if you needed help.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Welcome to Fun. :welcomefunster::welcomefunster::welcomefunster:

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
Welcome from a fellow Wirralian (but not as brave as you!)

Steve

OP
OP
Busman

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Those 1980 satnavs weren't up to much, were they.
:Smile:

Do a search on here for Morocc, that will get the juices flowing, as if you needed help.

Been reading a lot of the travelogs on here already and what a wealth of info there is, Always found the biggest step is the first one then your off :Smile: looking forward to getting a MH and joining in.
Thanks for your welcomes.
Dave

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back