Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
new in 2009
HIu, just returned from enjoyable French/Switzerland holiday and thought I would share some new for me experiences. The obvious aside of course.

Rocamadour - unmissable; dont take the motorhome down into the valley it's rather too much fun, park at the top

Padirac - gouffre at Padirac - breathtaking; google and you will see what I mean

D117 - route from Mane to perpignan; what a wonderful drive through some beautiful scenery. Too many stops to mention.

Foix - on the route from Mane D117 - vibrant and full of suprises.

Millau - goes without saying really but not to be missed, over and under. There's a really nice muniicpal site on the outskirts of Millau.

Apart from the obvious these are the main memories I will add to the bank from this holiday.

Hope it gives some food for thought when planning.

jack

OP
OP
schojac

schojac

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
new in 2009
Most of the places you mentioned are in my region : Midi-Pyrénées. A quite stunning area!
Amicalement
Frankie:Smile:

You are very lucky to live here; so much to see and do. First visit to Midi-Pyrénées and will not be the last.

jack

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
About 20yrs ago we were loaned a small property in Dernacueillette by Professor Mike Costin of Bristol Uni. He had written a book about the Cathar castles which we took with us.

http://www.dernacueillette.fr/index.htm

We had a wonderfull time 'doing' the castles,walking amongst the garrigue,buying honey etc::bigsmile:
We bought wine 'en vrac' at Tuchan vineyards and we still use one of their 5 ltr 'cubis' to this day.
A couple of yrs ago we were headed towards Tuchan in the spring,came round a corner and there below us was a valley with almond trees in blossom with a snow capped Mont Tauch gleaming in the spring sunlight as a background ::bigsmile:

Mike.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back