Waldegraves Essex Winter Meet 22-24 November 2013 (1 Viewer)

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Hi everyone

Please read all of this, I know its long but it includes important instructions for booking and if you dont follow them you may end up in a separate field away from the funsters.

THIS MEET includes a HOG ROAST with vegetarian option laid on by Waldegraves especially for MOTORHOME FUN. Unlike other years it is not at the same time as their end of season bash so it will not be so crowded. Additionally you can opt to arrive earlier and to stay for a longer period than just the weekend of the meet.

Those of you who attended last year will agree that it became a little too crowded for comfort so Waldegraves offered to do something the week before to accommodate Funsters. I do hope lots of you will come along

The meet is being held at Waldegraves, Mersea Island which is just outside Colchester in Essex.

Waldegraves website is:

http://www.waldegraves.co.uk

Pitch prices £16 per night which includes 4 people. extra people charged at £3 per night. .

Dogs charged at £2 per night each.

Awnings charged at £4 per night.

The HOG ROAST is £4 per head for adults and £3 for children. You may be able to pay this when you book or on arrival in the restaurant.

Check in is after 3pm
Latest departure time on Sunday is 3pm however I am trying to negotiate a 4pm departure time.

gate deposit if you need it will be £10 which is refundable providing the access key/card is returned.

Everything is nearly the same as last year but here are some details for anyone attending this meet for the first time:-

We CAN meet/greet and barbeque in the sink area - providing we leave it clean and tidy. You are welcome to bring some cakes or cookies or something and all get together. We will put the barbeques up both for heat and you are welcome to cook on them.

Mulled wine and mince pies will be in abundance and you are welcome to extend your stay too.

If the pitches are too wet we can use the roadway in the centre of the touring field and the car park by the toilet block instead as long as the exits are not blocked, so bring long electric leads just in case.

The Funster weekend starts Friday 22nd November to Sunday 24th November with

Friday evening -
Meet and greet with mulled wine

We dont go knocking on vans but aim to meet from 6pm so just come over and say hello.
We will bbq and eat in the open air, everyone is welcome to join us. You are welcome to bring food and mulled wine and soft drinks to share. We will probably move inside into one of the venues to enjoy the entertainment at some point.

Saturday

This is yours to do as you please. It is hoped to run a pool competition and/or bingo. We will be selling raffle tickets and funster hats too. We will fire the bbqs up and cook in the afternoon if you want to join us

Saturday night - Entertainment and Hog roast with vegetarian option in one of the venues and a funster raffle draw (all prize donations welcome). Thanks to our leader Jim for donations including a funster flag and cup.

Sunday

Sunday daytime - Christmas Fair 10am-3pm
1.30pm-2pm join us for Sunday lunch (separate charge)

There is an onsite restaurant open every afternoon and evening that does an excellent sunday roast which is value for money especially considering the large portions they dish up so you have an option to join us for a late lunch in the restaurant before making your way home on the Sunday.

BOOKING

You can book online or by telephone, dont forget to say you are from MotorhomeFun and give them your funster username and let me know when you have booked.

You can book right up until the last minute as they will be keeping that touring field EXCLUSIVELY for use by MOTORHOMEFUN now theres not many sites that do that xxxxxx

When you have booked please post on fun stating your pitch number and how many adults and children for the hog roast and how many for vegetarian option many thanks

They have a driving range, childrens play area, access to the beach, dog walking area and a fishing lake, see their website for more details. Dont forget your pool cue too if you play.

If you dont have a motorhome, you are still welcome to join us, just book one of their statics £130 approx Fri to Monday - dogs charged extra.

If you are still unsure have a look at the 2009 meet photos which show some of the site too Broken Link Removed

or the Hogroast photos from 2010 Broken Link Removed

This post lists what we will be doing. It is up to you whether or not you join in.

See you there xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
:thumb:This really is a good meet:thumb:

Looking forward to it

Rob&Jane

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Well, we had such a terrible time last year that we simply have to come again... Just to make sure, you see.......

It was brilliant although slightly soggy. Will be booking shortly :thumb:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Hated it so much that I just booked online in case I forgot. Will confirm pitch number soonest. Looking forward to seeing everyone again and we will be better prepared as well:thumb:

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Hi everyone

Please read all of this, I know its long but it includes important instructions for booking and if you dont follow them you may end up in a separate field away from the funsters.

THIS MEET includes a HOG ROAST with vegetarian option laid on by Waldegraves especially for MOTORHOME FUN. Unlike other years it is not at the same time as their end of season bash so it will not be so crowded. Additionally you can opt to arrive earlier and to stay for a longer period than just the weekend of the meet.

Those of you who attended last year will agree that it became a little too crowded for comfort so Waldegraves offered to do something the week before to accommodate Funsters. I do hope lots of you will come along

The meet is being held at Waldegraves, Mersea Island which is just outside Colchester in Essex.

Waldegraves website is:

http://www.waldegraves.co.uk

Pitch prices £16 per night which includes 4 people. extra people charged at £3 per night. .

Dogs charged at £2 per night each.

Awnings charged at £4 per night.

The HOG ROAST is £4 per head for adults and £3 for children. You may be able to pay this when you book or on arrival in the restaurant.

Check in is after 3pm
Latest departure time on Sunday is 3pm however I am trying to negotiate a 4pm departure time.

gate deposit if you need it will be £10 which is refundable providing the access key/card is returned.

Everything is nearly the same as last year but here are some details for anyone attending this meet for the first time:-

We CAN meet/greet and barbeque in the sink area - providing we leave it clean and tidy. You are welcome to bring some cakes or cookies or something and all get together. We will put the barbeques up both for heat and you are welcome to cook on them.

Mulled wine and mince pies will be in abundance and you are welcome to extend your stay too.

If the pitches are too wet we can use the roadway in the centre of the touring field and the car park by the toilet block instead as long as the exits are not blocked, so bring long electric leads just in case.

The Funster weekend starts Friday 22nd November to Sunday 24th November with

Friday evening -
Meet and greet with mulled wine

We dont go knocking on vans but aim to meet from 6pm so just come over and say hello.
We will bbq and eat in the open air, everyone is welcome to join us. You are welcome to bring food and mulled wine and soft drinks to share. We will probably move inside into one of the venues to enjoy the entertainment at some point.

Saturday

This is yours to do as you please. It is hoped to run a pool competition and/or bingo. We will be selling raffle tickets and funster hats too. We will fire the bbqs up and cook in the afternoon if you want to join us

Saturday night - Entertainment and Hog roast with vegetarian option in one of the venues and a funster raffle draw (all prize donations welcome). Thanks to our leader Jim for donations including a funster flag and cup.

Sunday

Sunday daytime - Christmas Fair 10am-3pm
1.30pm-2pm join us for Sunday lunch (separate charge)

There is an onsite restaurant open every afternoon and evening that does an excellent sunday roast which is value for money especially considering the large portions they dish up so you have an option to join us for a late lunch in the restaurant before making your way home on the Sunday.

BOOKING

You can book online or by telephone, dont forget to say you are from MotorhomeFun and give them your funster username and let me know when you have booked.

You can book right up until the last minute as they will be keeping that touring field EXCLUSIVELY for use by MOTORHOMEFUN now theres not many sites that do that xxxxxx

When you have booked please post on fun stating your pitch number and how many adults and children for the hog roast and how many for vegetarian option many thanks

They have a driving range, childrens play area, access to the beach, dog walking area and a fishing lake, see their website for more details. Dont forget your pool cue too if you play.

If you dont have a motorhome, you are still welcome to join us, just book one of their statics £130 approx Fri to Monday - dogs charged extra.

If you are still unsure have a look at the 2009 meet photos which show some of the site too Broken Link Removed

or the Hogroast photos from 2010 Broken Link Removed

This post lists what we will be doing. It is up to you whether or not you join in.

See you there xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

neither of those gallery links worked for me ?

Aug 23, 2012
Corton, Lowestoft
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Exp
10 years m/h, plus 15 years caravan......
You say about entertainment, what kind of entertainment is it, as I have another meet with another club that weekend, :Doh: but live music will certainly swing it for me to blow them out & come to yours. ::bigsmile: (as stated before, did really enjoy Jaws meet in Thetford) .
It will be just me & my Shadow (Mastiff).
cheers & take care.
Deg3y:thumb:

OP
OP
ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Team Duck are on plot 236.... :thumb:

Are we parking on top of each other then hehehehe thats supposed to be booked to us

You say about entertainment, what kind of entertainment is it, as I have another meet with another club that weekend, :Doh: but live music will certainly swing it for me to blow them out & come to yours. ::bigsmile: (as stated before, did really enjoy Jaws meet in Thetford) .
It will be just me & my Shadow (Mastiff).
cheers & take care.
Deg3y:thumb:

I am not sure what the entertainment team have planned - they have their own inhouse team. As it is their busiest weekend I have emailed them and once I get a reply I will let you know

OP
OP
ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Pitch numbers and site map

Please find below the pitch numbers that have been allocated to Motorhomefun.

These are 231 to 280 and 281, 308-312

Pitches 236 and 235 and taken by us and duxdeluxe

when booking please ask for your pitch using the numbers allocated to fun first many thanks

http://www.waldegraves.co.uk/images/waldegraves-map-pop.jpg

Last edited:

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
We are booked. Pitch 241.

Looking forward to another great weekend. Hopefully not so soggy underfoot this year! :thumb:

OP
OP
ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Booked

Funster ---------------------- Pitch No-----Hogroast-meat/veg---- Sunday Lunch

Ourcampersbeentrashed ---236 --------4 adult 1 child meat--- 4 adults 1 child
Duxdeluxe ---------------------237
Meanders-----------------------241

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Duxdeluxe ---237 -------- 2 Adults. meat--- 2 adults:thumb:

Mar 25, 2013
Maidstone Kent
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit 160
Exp
Since 2013
Ali 'n' Tim booked :thumb:

Pitch No. 242 Hogroast Meat 2 x adults. Not sure about Sunday Lunch.

Is there an alternative to roast?

OP
OP
ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Ali 'n' Tim booked :thumb:

Pitch No. 242 Hogroast Meat 2 x adults. Not sure about Sunday Lunch.

Is there an alternative to roast?

Sunday Lunch is just that, order whatever you want, they have a full menu, you just choose what you would like, you dont have to have a roast dinner, it just saves cooking when you get home xxx and in previous years has been a pleasant "end of meet" gathering.

I am asking for numbers so that they can sit us all together, but funsters can sit separately if they want to

Last edited:
OP
OP
ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Booked

Duxdeluxe ---------------------237 --------2 adult meat
Ali n Tim------------------------242---------2 adult meat

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Booked

Duxdeluxe ---------------------237 --------2 adult meat ----- 2 Adults
Ali n Tim------------------------242---------2 adult meat

Edited as team duck having Sunday lunch! :thumb:

Mar 25, 2013
Maidstone Kent
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit 160
Exp
Since 2013
Sunday Lunch is just that, order whatever you want, they have a full menu, you just choose what you would like, you dont have to have a roast dinner, it just saves cooking when you get home xxx and in previous years has been a pleasant "end of meet" gathering.

I am asking for numbers so that they can sit us all together, but funsters can sit separately if they want to

Ok book us in for Sunday Lunch please. :thumb: 2 x adults.

OP
OP
ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Booked

Duxdeluxe ---------------------237---------2 adult meat ----------- 2 adults
Meanders-----------------------241---------3 adult 1 teen meat--- 3 adults 1 teen
Ali N Tim------------------------242---------2 adult meat------------ 2 adults

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
To be more accurate Gail, my order should be one adult and one who has failed to grow up but still eats big boy's portions...... The roast lunch last year was both generous and tasty.:thumb:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Sadly Gail:cry:

We won't be able to make it

Good Luck everyone have a good one
last year was a blast (Literally)

Roger & Sheila:Smile:::bigsmile:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Og roast - so you aren't eating the front half then? :winky:

Sorry, couldn't resist it

OP
OP
ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Booked

Meanders-----------------------241---------3 adult 1 teen meat--- 3 adults 1 teen
Rayb182------------------------243---------2 adult meat

Sorry you cant make it Teddybard have fun whatever you will be doing xxxxx

OP
OP
ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Booked

Cudleydudley & Ginger -----229---------------------------------------------------------

OP
OP
ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Booked

Cudleydudley & Ginger -----229---------------------------------------------------------

dont forget you can arrive earlier than the meet and stay longer

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back