2nd attempt....think we've got it right this time! (1 Viewer)

rss

Free Member
Aug 22, 2013
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi all,

We bought a used M/H last year which unfortunately was riddled with damp. Long story but we got our money back. After months of looking we've just purchased a late 2010 Autoquest 100 which we are very happy with. We're a family with two 7-year olds and a dog. Our usage will be mainly weekend trips. We were looking for a slightly larger van (Autoquest 130, CI 625 etc) but this was a very good deal and still within warranty.

We were very close to buying some other vans over the past few months but each time we were just pipped by someone else as we were arranging inspections. I'm frankly amazed that so many people are prepared to hand over tens of thousands of pounds after a brief walk around a M/H. Maybe we're just paranoid after our disastrous first attempt!

Last edited:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Snip
I'm frankly amazed that so many people are prepared to hand over tens of thousands of pounds after a brief walk around a M/H. Maybe we're just paranoid after our disastrous first attempt!

Welcome to Fun, you'll learn a lot on here, I know I did. :thumb:

Just a thought but perhaps those people who pipped you to the post already knew their stuff and which van they wanted and were merely giving it the once over before handing over their cash. We bought the Bailey after seeing it at Peterborough and again at Don Amott's, researching it online before seeing it again at Beck's and handing our money over. :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Snip
We bought the Bailey after seeing it at Peterborough and again at Don Amott's, researching it online before seeing it again at Beck's and handing our money over. :Smile:

Well done, you didnt have to inspect it having bought it from Becks of Norfolk, proper people:thumb:

Peter

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Welcome rss I have a funny feeling I know who you are :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Hi all,

We bought a used M/H last year which unfortunately was riddled with damp. Long story but we got our money back. After months of looking we've just purchased a late 2010 Autoquest 100 which we are very happy with. We're a family with two 7-year olds and a dog. Our usage will be mainly weekend trips. We were looking for a slightly larger van (Autoquest 130, CI 625 etc) but this was a very good deal and still within warranty.

We were very close to buying some other vans over the past few months but each time we were just pipped by someone else as we were arranging inspections. I'm frankly amazed that so many people are prepared to hand over tens of thousands of pounds after a brief walk around a M/H. Maybe we're just paranoid after our disastrous first attempt!

Hi and welcome... :thumb:

Just out of curiosity,,,, what was the make of the wet one..... don't want to know the dealer..

Might help others contemplating buying a similar or the same model, to know what to look for.. :thumb:

OP
OP
R

rss

Free Member
Aug 22, 2013
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Thanks for the welcome folks!

.....Just a thought but perhaps those people who pipped you to the post already knew their stuff and which van they wanted and were merely giving it the once over before handing over their cash. We bought the Bailey after seeing it at Peterborough and again at Don Amott's, researching it online before seeing it again at Beck's and handing our money over. :Smile:

You may be right! Some of the vans were very keenly priced, but even so, I had to have a full inspection for my own peace of mind. I spoke to many of the vendors afterwards and most of them did say a couple just turned up, had a walk around and made an offer straight away. On the surface of it they looked like very good buys but you never know what's lurking!

Welcome rss I have a funny feeling I know who you are :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You do indeed ! ;-)

Hi and welcome... :thumb:

Just out of curiosity,,,, what was the make of the wet one..... don't want to know the dealer..

Might help others contemplating buying a similar or the same model, to know what to look for.. :thumb:

It was a French manufacturer. Fairly old (2001). The whole situation was a bit of mess unfortunately. The main lesson I learnt was to find an inspector who is reputable and be with them at the time of the inspection!

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back