Kazpaul9

Free Member
Aug 21, 2013
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Bessacar
Exp
Hello to everyone , we are newbies to motor homes. We want a flip down tv so the children can watch a DVD when we are travelling . They will be seated in their belts at the dinette in the auto trail scout. Most of the ones I have seen don't play when the vehicle is moving ... Any advice as to which one to but and who can fit them . I am in Sheffield
Thanks Karen:thumb:

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
I know it's not specifically what you are asking about but in Aldi the other day they had a system that comprised of two screens which would play a DVD designed to fit on headrest of the seat in front. Would that be a suitable option? Apparently people with kids say it's the best thing they've ever bought for keeping them entertained on journeys:thumb:

Wyn

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
They only turn off in the cab because of driving laws, stop drivers watching videos etc on the move.
If fitted to the back you can have them wired to be on all the time..

I travel a lot with grandkids (6+8) and just done a long trek down to Spain. My van has same layout as yours.. I use an ipad, loaded with videos, used with a headphone splitter they have the ipad on dinette table on some anti slip matting.
So both can watch together and with headphones no vehicle noise to annoy them. Other tablets or stand alone video players would do the same job.. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Here's what mine do !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 75

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Nice and simple ,19" 12v dvd tv from ASDA £100 .
2 plastic G clamps ,non slip mat and 12 v lead to cig lighter.
When parked up simply move to rear lounge.
Total cost around £115 a lot cheaper and more versatile than a flip down system.

Vlad

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Looked for this on Asda direct and couldn't find it, perhaps no longer available?/

Catherine

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
we picked a 19 inch flatscreen tv from Aldi for the van a few years back. wasnt advertised as 12v, but the "brick" type power supply cable steps down from 240v to 12v. about £80 with 3 year warranty

not keen on the plastic G clamp idea, as any emergency braking would see the tv hit the kids in the face:Eeek:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
we picked a 19 inch flatscreen tv from Aldi for the van a few years back. wasnt advertised as 12v, but the "brick" type power supply cable steps down from 240v to 12v. about £80 with 3 year warranty

not keen on the plastic G clamp idea, as any emergency braking would see the tv hit the kids in the face:Eeek:

my toughts exactly, why not mount it on a bracket on the drivers rear bulkhead, much safer

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back