Aires resource in English online (1 Viewer)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
No doubt some of the entries are useful (perhaps more so overseas) but I've just looked at some UK areas I know and the accuracy of entries is questionable. So, perhaps best used as an index for further research.

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
No doubt some of the entries are useful (perhaps more so overseas) but I've just looked at some UK areas I know and the accuracy of entries is questionable. So, perhaps best used as an index for further research.

I was implying that these links might be useful when abroad, in the UK you would use English ones but many of the French or other sites are often NOT in English

Don't shoot me :whatthe:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
We found Campercontact useful during a recent visit to the Netherlands. In fact we arrived at it via the NKC website (recommended by a Dutch motorhomer) and downloaded the inked campercontact POI files for the Garmin.
The only trouble I have now is that the Garmin holds CC-Infos, Campercontact and Bord Atlas POI sets and often they all list the same camperstop - a veritable forest of tiny icons on the screen!

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Originaly someone else's post on here but I have found the park4night app excelent , hundreds of aires, comments off people that have been, all the details plus if you have navfree or maybe other satnavs it integrates and automatically puts your route up, even from uk, honestly haven't found anything anywhere near it in detail. Must admit I haven't used it in action but hoping to next month::bigsmile:
Ps it works on iPad and android

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I was implying that these links might be useful when abroad, in the UK you would use English ones but many of the French or other sites are often NOT in English

Don't shoot me :whatthe:

Sorry, I wasn't trying to shoot you ::bigsmile:

I was trying to differentiate between the UK and overseas and made a mess of it, obviously ::bigsmile:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
We stayed at the place on the picture on the front page of campercontact.nl a few weeks ago. Its at Strepy-Thieu in Belgium and close to the spectacular boat lifts. I was told about the pitch by a friend. There were other motor homers predominantly Dutch and Belgian. It was free and we stayed two nights. :thumb:

Subsequently discovered the camper contact website on our return, and have dowloaded the app. Hope to check out some of the locations on our forthcoming trip to the Netherlands. :Smile:

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Sorry, I wasn't trying to shoot you ::bigsmile:

I was trying to differentiate between the UK and overseas and made a mess of it, obviously ::bigsmile:

No probs Graham, I didn't really make it clear either (aint getting older a wonderful thing:Blush:)

Cheers ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
Great!

Had a quick look at a couple of Aires we stayed at earlier this year and I would say an accurate account of them. I may well add a couple of my own later. All available resources very welcomed! Thanks for posting :thumb:

Dave

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back