Winter long stay (1 Viewer)

Jan Pendreigh

Free Member
Feb 23, 2008
Funster No
Please can anyone help - we are looking for a winter stay pitch (end October to February) South of England for a 35' rv, car on trailer. Preferably with EHU, toilet at least and on the coast or nearish. Must be dog friendly for Ben who rules this outfit and rv accessible for beginners!
Jan

theboadacea

Free Member
Oct 1, 2007
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi Jan

Have you thought of trying a CL ... in winter you will probably get one really cheaply . The only issue may be no toilet block, but for £5-£10 a night why worry.

You have an RV, the tanks will last at least a couple of weeks and you could get a wastemaster to empty them rather than drive the RV across site each time.

I have been on a CL in Cambridgeshire since last August (although since March when the site officially opened I have been alternating between the farmyard and the CL itself) and there is nothing here really (except a loo in the farmyard which was really handy when we ripped our bathroom out) but it is lovely. We could stay at Ferry Meadows up the road but for £18 a night ... no thanks.

EDIT: p.s we have two staffies who absolutely love the free run they have here. Bit of a shock to them to be reigned in in the summer months! :) There are open fields for them to run wild in.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jan Pendreigh

Free Member
Feb 23, 2008
Funster No
Hi
At Ferry Meadows right now, yes £18 over the BH and we're not used to paying anything like this, but we're treating ourselves at the minute and the power showers are wonderful after 2 months on a CL using our own.

Love CLs and even on the club sites find I have to roll the waste so used to that now after 8 months, not a problem tackled weekly on a day when the site's fairly empty.

You must be somewhere near us right now?

Jan

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
I am a CS in wales and our rules given to us are that we can not have anyone stay longer than 28 days at a time. Pity that because it would help us through the winter and bring people into the area. Are CL not the same ? Interested in the answer because I might need to change to a CL if that is the case and they allow long term stays.
Thanks

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
I am a CS in wales and our rules given to us are that we can not have anyone stay longer than 28 days at a time. Pity that because it would help us through the winter and bring people into the area. Are CL not the same ? Interested in the answer because I might need to change to a CL if that is the case and they allow long term stays.
Thanks
hi eileen i can't answer your question but perhaps a list could be compiled on mhf
so that people who want long term stays could just click on and see what sites allow this, plus the benefit of knowing because of mhf community recommending good sites or not if that is the case, if no one knows the answer why not give cl a ring tomorrow, take care regards to mark
ruth

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
J

Jan Pendreigh

Free Member
Feb 23, 2008
Funster No
Dear Dylan

Think I was a bit misleading there, two months were split by an overnight trip, sorry. I can see why the rule exists and we don't abuse it. We have used a site where the neighbouring bungalows recorded registration numbers and dates and were most vocal (to the council) even if a stay looked like exceeding the 28 days!

I think the rules are similar for both clubs, quite how the ones split into a CL or CS for 5 EHUs and other pitches on a private arrangement carry on I don't know. One we do know of near Deal lets campers stay as long as they wish, but NO POST may be received on site and the pitches are hidden in trees, I think they're sailing a bit close to the wind there.

Jan

OP
OP
J

Jan Pendreigh

Free Member
Feb 23, 2008
Funster No
Dear Leigh
Merv, an ex HGV, knows the strawberry farm well, he used to pick up grain there and strawberries for us lasses in the office. We're on pitch 37 here at FM, until next Sunday. You're most welcome to visit and if you're lucky the shower curtain in the power shower will be dry!
Jan and Merv

OP
OP
J

Jan Pendreigh

Free Member
Feb 23, 2008
Funster No
Hi Ruth
Database of winter stay\longer stay sites a good idea, I've been trying that idea myself but being only 9 months into the rv fulltiming life haven't got very far! Summer is so much easier than winter, but if the basic requirements are on site from October to March, great. Also find that sites are happy with one or perhaps two longer stays but don't want any more pitches taken up, just in case we refuse to move on..........

Jan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi Dylan
AFAIK all of these sites are controlled by council rules, the "club" is supposed to enforce the rules, but some sites can get away with more than others.
Nigel

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back