Sep 4, 2007
notts
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since 2000
well after much thought and deliberation for the morocco trip in Sept
we decided on a return on the ferry to santander.
i think i can relax a bit instead of bombing down, and it gives us more time chugging home leave on the 24th aug return 3rd oct woo hoo!!!:roflmto:

Last edited:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Details Mark and we will book the same date out, but were back a week earlier cos were poor:cry:
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Camperian

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Dorset - 6months, Spain - 6months
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 years
Enjoy your trip!

I am told that the Santander route is the best one. Unfortunately because of fuel prices and speed, Portsmouth is much nearer and I am stuck with the pride of Bilbao. it's the mini booze cruisers I don't like.

The food in the carvery aint that bad tho' as my waistline will confirm!

Ian

OP
OP
thefman

thefman

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
notts
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since 2000
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: geo sunday 24th rturn on thursdays .

i went for an outside cabin tv air con etc. i reckon the diference when you weigh up the cost of fuel, toll fees ,campsites etc is around £300

the fare is £980

opinions please

mark.:Smile:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Mark P&O or Brittiny and from what port
Geo

OP
OP
thefman

thefman

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
notts
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since 2000
Brittany mate:Smile: Plymouth

Last edited:
OP
OP
thefman

thefman

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
notts
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since 2000
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: the basque country is our favourite part of spain:Smile:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Booked, credit card severly bruised:ROFLMAO: £30 more each way for the RV with bike and rack:Doh:
All we need now is a list of sites and a route sorting Wooooooooooo Hooooooooooo
Geo

OP
OP
thefman

thefman

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
notts
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since 2000
well have a chat at the meet on the 22nd geo and form a cunning plan:winky:::bigsmile:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi I did a bit of calculating a couple of months ago about this route versus Dover-Calais pricewise, to make the calcs easier I assumed 1400miles from Calais to Ray's place and the Bilbao/Santander route would save half this.

So that's an extra 1400miles there and back plus the ferry which me in fuel cost is going to be in the region of 1100 litres of LPG at €0.70=€770 at 1.20 to the pound gives £641 plus the ferry I have just booked at £117.5, makes total of £758.5

Add in the tolls which are likely to be around £100+ so at least £860 probably nearer £900 or more depending on the exchange rate and LPG prices. IMO not a worthwhile saving, plus 4 days extra driving, but for me with a wife who hates sailing, and the likelihood of picking the daughter up in France on our return, no choice. :Doh:

The advantages are if we miss the ferry theirs another one within the hour, ::bigsmile: and if we are early, even better, also we have plenty of time to meander down there, unlike some of you guys who have to work for a living.:ROFLMAO:

Olley

OP
OP
thefman

thefman

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
notts
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since 2000
:Smile:hey olley we've just come back from Spain and it will make a nice change to meander down instead of pedal to the metal:roflmto: look forward to meeting you:thumb:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Mark,Ian
glad to see my working out looks the same as yours olley, and with me not having the bennifit of LPG it made even more sense to me
Mark
with all this meandering going on, do you think we will ever make Morroco:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
see you on the 22nd i feel its going to be some plan:thumb:
Geo

cpease

Free Member
Mar 16, 2008
Morley,Leeds up North
Funster No
MH
Ford Transit stealth van
Exp
since June 2006
We did plymouth to santander last year . brilliant much better than portsmouth to bilbao as the boat trip is only 18hrs. make sure you plug into the on board electrics on the vehicle deck to keep your fridge/freezer going. word of warning check the polarity as i found them reversed. we travelled down from leeds fri pm stopped at caravan club site near derby elvaston castle then stopped at riverside campsite sat night spent afternoon and sun am in swimnng pool then caught ferry at 2pm sun. You can stop overnight at the terminal as plenty had done when we arived on sun. Bit of a delay at santander, as last time we went all traffic lights used to be at green in santander to get you out of town without stopping. Now all boat trafic is directed along the full length of the docks right onto the motorway complex without even getting the chance to hit town.:Smile::Smile::Smile::Smile:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Thanks for that cpease all info gladly received, if anyone can recommend sites en route it will be interesting looking them up and plotting our meander through Spain
Geo:thumb:

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi knew my maths was crap, only included one way on the tolls, so thats another £100 on the cost.:Sad:

Olley

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
:Eeek: Quit now olley, before you find out Brittany are doing free trips direct to Morroco and Desert Detours is paying us to go:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo

Detourer

Trader - Tour Operator
Jul 30, 2007
Spain and Morocco
Funster No
MH
4x4 OverLander
Exp
20+ years
.........."Quit now olley, before you find out Brittany are doing free trips direct to Morroco and Desert Detours is paying us to go
Geo......"

Dream on............::bigsmile:.

Watching all your posts with interest. For those joining the Moroccan Tour there will be an "Up-Date Email" winging your way in a few mo's

Ray

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Wooooooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooo input input:thumb:
You missed a golden opportunity there Ray to send Olley completely round the bend:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo

OP
OP
thefman

thefman

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
notts
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since 2000
ive just read rays FAQ document it took me an hour and half::bigsmile:

Detourer

Trader - Tour Operator
Jul 30, 2007
Spain and Morocco
Funster No
MH
4x4 OverLander
Exp
20+ years
..........."ive just read rays FAQ document it took me an hour and half........."

Clearly you "speed read" then thefman.......:thumb:

Ray

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I dont think I got a copy of that Ray, can you re send
Geo

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
We did plymouth to santander last year . brilliant much better than portsmouth to bilbao as the boat trip is only 18hrs. make sure you plug into the on board electrics on the vehicle deck to keep your fridge/freezer going. word of warning check the polarity as i found them reversed. :

Hi cpease. The thought of switching my gas off and chancing it with a full fridge freezer makes me slightly worried to say the least. However when I read your post above about the on board electrics I felt slightly better. However I have just rang Brittany and they say that this only applies to Freight. How did you manage to get hooked up?

Pammy

OP
OP
thefman

thefman

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
notts
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp