CAMOS....Updating the 'Brains Box' ? (1 Viewer)

davidallan

Free Member
Oct 22, 2007
Leeds
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
26 yrs CVing + 14< MH' ing
DO we need to update our CAMOS [Blister] Control Box ??
- ARE WE presently GETTING THE BEST RANGE OF PROGRAMMES ??

OUR 5/6 yr old CAMOS system [proved to be very good] can only search for : Hispasat/ab3/sirrius/Hotbird/Astra1/Astra2 S & Astra2 N.

With new Sats' being launched soon I understand we have to have Astra 2E and 2F :Eeek:
by the END of 2013. !! Whilst not worrying too soon about these new sat's ...SHOULD WE HAVE ALREADY UPGRADED this Magic Box ? WILL IT COST MONEY ??????:cry:

HOW TO DO + ANY OTHER HELP VERY MUCH APPRECIATED :thumb::thumb:
Some 'Tech Savvy' member/s out there will surely have the Answers ?:winky:

Many thanks for any Topical replies
David & Liz + 'Tilly'
[mixed up rescue Terrier Mut [3yrs old with at least 6 parents !?!] AKA ..'ACHMED'

May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
DO we need to update our CAMOS [Blister] Control Box ??
- ARE WE presently GETTING THE BEST RANGE OF PROGRAMMES ??

OUR 5/6 yr old CAMOS system [proved to be very good] can only search for : Hispasat/ab3/sirrius/Hotbird/Astra1/[HI]Astra2 S & Astra2 N.[/HI]

With new Sats' being launched soon I understand we have to have Astra 2E and 2F :Eeek:
by the END of 2013. !! Whilst not worrying too soon about these new sat's ...SHOULD WE HAVE ALREADY UPGRADED this Magic Box ? WILL IT COST MONEY ??????:cry:

HOW TO DO + ANY OTHER HELP VERY MUCH APPRECIATED :thumb::thumb:
Some 'Tech Savvy' member/s out there will surely have the Answers ?:winky:

Many thanks for any Topical replies
David & Liz + 'Tilly'
[mixed up rescue Terrier Mut [3yrs old with at least 6 parents !?!] AKA ..'ACHMED'

As your system already searches for Astra 2 (the S & N are just beam patterns South and North) you will probably not need to do anything. Astra 2E and 2F are just the satellites that orbit the earth at 28.2 degrees E, which is where the UK programmes come from, and are replacing older satellites which have a usage of around 15 years.

HTH
Steve

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
if you have Astra 2n as an option then its fairly up to date...
You only need to upgrade for satellite lock... Once you have found the satellite your receiver controls the channel choice and downloads..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

stevie

Free Member
Aug 19, 2013
risca
Funster No
MH
coachbuild
Exp
camos satellite

hi,
just joined forum so not sure im doing the right thing here in the right place but here goes.
I have the above system on my motorhome which is 4yrs old. I live in south wales.
The problem I have is that the system is seeking for the satellite for a long time and when it finds it it cannot lock onto it. The ' lock in' lights for a second then goes out and it starts searching again.
I have tried manually to set the system to astra 2 but it just goes on searching.
im not very technical and therefore am only asking if anyone knows of a reputable repairer who could fix the problem who is not too far away from home although I am prepared to travel as my wife wont go away with me until I can assure her she will be able to watch her soaps.
I have tried the system at home, in the rhondda and also in Weston, somerset but the results are always the same.

many thanks
newbie, stevie
Ps. if I need to post this question in a different area plse let me know.

May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
hi,
just joined forum so not sure im doing the right thing here in the right place but here goes.
I have the above system on my motorhome which is 4yrs old. I live in south wales.
The problem I have is that the system is seeking for the satellite for a long time and when it finds it it cannot lock onto it. The ' lock in' lights for a second then goes out and it starts searching again.
I have tried manually to set the system to astra 2 but it just goes on searching.
im not very technical and therefore am only asking if anyone knows of a reputable repairer who could fix the problem who is not too far away from home although I am prepared to travel as my wife wont go away with me until I can assure her she will be able to watch her soaps.
I have tried the system at home, in the rhondda and also in Weston, somerset but the results are always the same.

many thanks
newbie, stevie
Ps. if I need to post this question in a different area plse let me know.

You could try Dave Newell here http://www.davenewell.co.uk/
close to Ironbridge in Shropshire so not a million miles away from Risca.
Welcome to the Fun forum:thumb::roflmto:

Steve (originally from Malpas)

stevie

Free Member
Aug 19, 2013
risca
Funster No
MH
coachbuild
Exp
camos

steve,
many thanks. I ll do as u suggested. Strangely enough I visited the iron bridge last weekend so will have no problems finding my way back there.
cheers stevie

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Just wondering if there is any update on this - if there is something that needs to be done for older Camos systems to be able to lock on to satellite with the changes to satellites pending between now and 2014.

We have a 2007 Camos system supplied by Road Pro to the dealer we bought the MH from, who installed it (badly). It was however working perfectly with a bit of advice from Road Pro before our motorhome was laid up for a long time and stored. Its now back on the road and (almost) in use again so I was wondering if I needed to do anything to get the Camos operational again. Couldn't test it in storage as it needs direct line of sight to the satellites and there was always an obstruction. Will check again now that it is in a large outdoor storage area with other caravans and motorhomes, but it would be good to know if if is now a useless piece of expensive plastic or not :Eeek:

I have emailed RoadPro and hope they can advise as well, but just wondered what other people's experiences are currently with the Camos Domes earlier generation. Ours does do Astra 1 and 2 N and S as well as Hotbird and Sirius and the receiver is a Zehnder which was what Road Pro were recommending with the system in 2007.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back