LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I fitted a 100W panel a couple of weeks ago. Delighted with it's performance on dull days.

Came to Malvern and noticed much less current. I poked my head out of the top and the TV aerial was casting a shadow over one corner. Not a lot of shadow but with dramatic results. Moved the aerial a bit and big improvement. At home the MH is parked facing south, aerial is north, no problem :Sad:

So don't make this mistake !

Tip of the day. How do you ungunge bonded brackets ? I think I had a brainwave, get the blowlamp out. Get the ali hot and they soon came off.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I fitted a 100W panel a couple of weeks ago. Delighted with it's performance on dull days.

Came to Malvern and noticed much less current. I poked my head out of the top and the TV aerial was casting a shadow over one corner. Not a lot of shadow but with dramatic results. Moved the aerial a bit and big improvement. At home the MH is parked facing south, aerial is north, no problem :Sad:

Tip of the day.[HI] How do you ungunge bonded brackets ? I think I had a brainwave, get the blowlamp out[/HI]. Get the ali hot and they soon came off.
a length of fishing line and 2 pieces of scrap wood to make a cheese wire. saw back and forth a with a bit of tension on the fishing line and it will cut through the sealant with ease

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Question now is how do I get rid of the gunge off the roof.

It's not actually sticaflex but something the local marina sold me they reckon is just as good. I assume something quite similar.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning

Tip of the day. How do you ungunge bonded brackets ? I think I had a brainwave, get the blowlamp out. Get the ali hot and they soon came off.
You plonker.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Question now is how do I get rid of the gunge off the roof.

It's not actually sticaflex but something the local marina sold me they reckon is just as good. I assume something quite similar.

Sharpe paper scraper :thumb:I use the belt sander to sharpen the scraper ::bigsmile:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back