Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
This is Ho Hum Rv Park our latest stop in America.
Park on the beach right at the waters edge.
Watch the dolphins playing in the surf
Its great; better get another beer and chill out.

Florida499-1.jpg

Florida490-1.jpg

Florida471-2.jpg

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Looks amazing mate wish the pics would enlarge..... why do want to come home?

Anyway glad your having a wonderful time and don't worry about me hobling on crutches :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
hi it looks fantastic, you are finding some great places but this one will take some beating, are you sure that u want to come home:ROFLMAO: continue to enjoy great to here from you
ruth:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Looks amazing mate wish the pics would enlarge..... why do want to come home?

Anyway glad your having a wonderful time and don't worry about me hobling on crutches :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sorry to hear about your accident mate.

Jan reckons your putting it on though. Americana's coming up soon and you're just trying to get out of showing us your new dance routine.

I don't believe a word of it though and I've put her right, as if you'd do a thing like that.

Get well soon mate hope you're still going to the Americana, looking forward to a beer and a chat. :thumb::thumb:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Looks lovely. Hope youre having a great time

Forget the beer go dolphin riding

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Nice pics Ror, looks like a superb spot you have found mate. Hope that you and Jan are having a fantastic time. Safe travels both...

Keith

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Sorry to hear about your accident mate.

Jan reckons your putting it on though. Americana's coming up soon and you're just trying to get out of showing us your new dance routine.

I don't believe a word of it though and I've put her right, as if you'd do a thing like that.

Get well soon mate hope you're still going to the Americana, looking forward to a beer and a chat. :thumb::thumb:

:ROFLMAO:

Hi Ror & Jan

no probs Rory I'll be there
Ever seen the Moon Walk done on crutches ? tell Jan i've got Ruth running round in circles after me it was worth it just for that :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
why do want to come home?

That's what happens to beach bums - they find this idyllic beach in the sun and never leave.

T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
LOL Tony, that makes two of us. Are you taking bets on Ror coming home?

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
Hi Tom
that was a career choice I always aspired to, bead necklace, raggety shorts,jesus sandles.
just never had the qualifications :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
he also would wear his socks with the jesus sandals,:Blush: can't get him to take them off unless he is swimming::bigsmile:
ruth

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
he also would wear his socks with the jesus sandals,:Blush: can't get him to take them off unless he is swimming::bigsmile:
ruth

A man after my own heart, :thumb:
sod fashion I go for comfort every time :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
LOL Ruth. Two sure signs of Brits we've observed over the years:

1. They wear dark socks with their sandals and shorts (we affectionately call them "Brit socks").

2. They come off the plane in San Francisco in the middle of summer wearing their overcoats.

My wife and I have made something of a hobby out of "Brit spotting" ::bigsmile:

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
LOL Ruth. Two sure signs of Brits we've observed over the years:

1. They wear dark socks with their sandals and shorts (we affectionately call them "Brit socks").

2. They come off the plane in San Francisco in the middle of summer wearing their overcoats.

My wife and I have made something of a hobby out of "Brit spotting" ::bigsmile:

Tom
There could be an " international incident " created here LOL

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Steady on Tom

We have'nt mentioned Americans tartan trousers when they're abroad
and long socks worn with sandals pulled right up to the knees :ROFLMAO:

As for coming home I would'nt, but Jan has to be there for Daniel's leave in June and would swim if she had too.

But I'LL BE BACK as the saying goes :thumb:

T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
LOL Tony, at least you wear sandals with your shorts and socks. Many Brits we spot wear street shoes with their socks.

I'll let you into a secret - I always wear socks with any kind of shoes, sandals included. Can't stand bare feet in shoes, and my feet would smell too badly without them. I wear light or white socks so they don't stick out like a sore thumb.

T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
We have'nt mentioned Americans tartan trousers when they're abroad...

Haven't seen those in many years Ror.

... and long socks worn with sandals pulled right up to the knees

They're mostly compression socks because the folks suffer from edema &/or to alleviate DVT.

So, when are you coming out to California? It's been 102F (40C) here for several days, with humidity around 10-15%. It hasn't rained for a couple of months and probably won't until October. Our house is on the water, so step out the back door and take a dip in the bay or hop in one of the boats.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
So, when are you coming out to California? It's been 102F (40C) here for several days, with humidity around 10-15%. It hasn't rained for a couple of months and probably won't until October. Our house is on the water, so step out the back door and take a dip in the bay or hop in one of the boats.

That sounds very civilised Tom :thumb:

T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
Come on over Keith and we can go fishing.

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Hi Tom

California is on the agenda for the next trip.

Everyone keeps telling us you have'nt seen America until you go West so the next trip will be heading West. Must say we've really enjoyed the Southern states though a lot of interesting history here, I especially enjoyed Georgia.

Talking of water and boats we keep looking at boats just not sure we could fit one on the Saturn roof and I'm certainly not towing a boat behind as well. I saw a 40ft RV the other day in Louisiana with a Jeep Cherokee on tow and a huge boat hooked on the Jeep God know hows long it was but imagine having to do a U turn :Eeek:

T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
Talking of water and boats we keep looking at boats just not sure we could fit one on the Saturn roof and I'm certainly not towing a boat behind as well.

That's the issue we keep struggling with. We have a small fleet here at home, but every time we're at a lake we wish we had a boat with us. The only place I could possibly carry one is on the roof of the Suburban. I have a 12 foot aluminium boat that floated into our bay one day and, despite my efforts to find the owner, nobody has claimed it. This would be ideal for most lakes. Unfortunately, unlike older Suburbans, ours doesn't have rain gutters, so there's nowhere to anchor a boat rack up there.

When we had our prior 29 foot motorhome, we used to tow a 20 foot boat behind it and used the coach to launch it. Unfortunately, our 38 foot coach would be a little tight at some launch ramps. We also wouldn't have local transport if we towed a boat instead of a car.

Another option might be an inflatable boat that rolls up and would store in the back of the toad, but it's a PITA to inflate and deflate it all the time.

While camped at a lake on our recent trip, I rented an inflatable pontoon boat - something like an inflatable catamaran with a metal frame on top of the tubes and a seat on top of the frame. These are often called 'float boats', because they're used by fishermen to float down a river. I found this one hard to launch and retrieve, hard to row, and just awkward.

Another option I've considered is a 2-tier trailer that would hold the toad on the lower level and a boat on the upper level. They're quite pricey and I'd probably run into a weight issue (trying to stay within the GCWR of our coach).

I saw a 40ft RV the other day in Louisiana with a Jeep Cherokee on tow and a huge boat hooked on the Jeep...

That's called triple towing (or double towing in some places), and it's not legal in all states. Here in California it's legal to tow a boat behind a 5th wheel but not behind a car towed by a motorhome. There's also a Federally mandated overall length limit that you have to stay within.

In addition to U-turns that you mentioned, there's no way to reverse a combination like that.

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We were thinking about an inflatable we also saw an aluminium fold up boat which looked pretty cool and the motor would go in the rear of the SUV or in a locker. I'm really considering it as I'd like to do some fishing next time out, its so popular out here. When we were parked on the beach at HoHum everyone had a boat or was fishing it was great.

By the way if nobody claims the boat I will.:Blush:

T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
Ror,

Talking of folding boats, there's something called a Porta Bote that's used by a lot of people. The boat folds flat and can be carried on the roof of the toad or the roof of the RV. The motor would store in the back of the toad.

... if nobody claims the boat I will.

Come and get it 'cos I won't ship it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back