LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I have a very good condition Stainless steel "Baby Burco" Hot water urn, about (I think) 20 litres.... it works of gas and is very clean with no lime scale..

I have used it for rally`s I have run before and it is dead handy for coffee mornings and the like...

My dilemma is..... a certain gentleman :RollEyes: wants it for his club as I am unlikely to use it much...

He asked my age (Nearly 70) and has offered me a "Lifetime" membership of the club for it... I have given it a lot of thought and suggested Lifetime membership and £50... and I have said I would also throw in a few hundred polystyrene cups...

Now my question to you learned gentlemen is...

Do you think this is a fair offer.... ???????????????

And would the cagey old bugger had offered me a life time membership if I had said I was 50 or even 60 years of age.... :whatthe: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

By my reconning I could pop my clogs any time now, and the £50 would help Judy towards my funeral expenses... :Cool:

So in theory it would be a cheap "Stainless Steel Baby Burco 20 litre tea urn"... :thumb::restmycase:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Mo
I would push for liftime subs and lifetime tea and bacon butties
No cash in case HMRC want a share:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Deal or no deal
Ask the banker

Can I phone a friend... ?

I hasten to add, as said gentleman knows, these top of the range Baby Burco Stainless steel tea urns are like rocking horse droppings....

And this one comes with new`ish gas pipe AND a propane Regulator (New)... :thumb:

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Beware if you get rid of your tea urn,
The tea gods may send you an urn from the DARK SIDE !!!!! :Eeek:

Vlad

Deckard

Free Member
Mar 26, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
...looking
Exp
Noob
a quick google reveals a 20l Burco is £50......seems you may have got the upper hand with the deal :thumb:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Good thinking, Geo... :thumb:

Just checked with the mental health welfare board Mo
Terms of release
Iicence conditions
Regulation 6 para5.2 section 3
The above named personage, shall not in the first 5 years of release enter into any sales or negotiations of any prperty or chattels with value exeeding 2/6d without the express permisson of his Doctor or Heath Care worker.

Dealing in Scrap metals or Scrap electrical items can result in emmediate revocation and recall for futher assesment and treatment

Persons entering into contracts or negociation with said named person may also be repoted (I missed the R out but thought it read better)

Rvoc/Fun Minister for Member Welfare
G

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
It's worth an absolute fortune Mo, have you seen the price of brown shrimps!! I had one of those boilers a while ago and they were ideal for cooking shrimps in, get yer tights off, attach them to the prop and go and push them in the sea, a fortune to be made:ROFLMAO:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Just checked with the mental health welfare board Mo
Terms of release
Iicence conditions
Regulation 6 para5.2 section 3
The above named personage, shall not in the first 5 years of release enter into any sales or negotiations of any prperty or chattels with value exeeding 2/6d without the express permisson of his Doctor or Heath Care worker.

Dealing in Scrap metals or Scrap electrical items can result in emmediate revocation and recall for futher assesment and treatment

Persons entering into contracts or negociation with [HI]sad[/HI] named person may also be repoted (I missed the R out but thought it read better)

Rvoc/Fun Minister for Member Welfare
G

I took the 'R' out,....thought it gave it an air of authenticity considering the sad, sorry 'said' personage.........:winky:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
a quick google reveals a 20l Burco is £50......seems you may have got the upper hand with the deal :thumb:

they are leccy boilers gas are around 200 quid IF you can find one ::bigsmile:
MO if you are not using it then get rid :winky: if it helps I will throw in a cree 1800/2000 lumins tourch no batterys
terry

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Mo do the deal , make sure new owner will cherish and serve the community with said item, making no charges or profits, but open to receive gestures of gifts for any said useage .

ps can it be used to boli nappies, as daughter due to have baby so i might be bidding.:thanks:

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
In answer to your question.... re "Nappy`s"....

Yes it can...... when we had a power cut the wife used it to boil my underpants in it.... :thumb:

:winky::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Jesus wept, and you are now offering it as a tea urn..................:Tongue1:

Peter

It`s OK, Peter..... :thumb:

No need to worry....:Cool:

Me under pants are clean now....
:thumb::ROFLMAO:

I did have to poke a bit of wire up the tap to empty it..... just a bit of a blockage, but fine now... :thumb:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Sorry Mo but grandson has now made a claim on the 2000 lumin torch :Eeek: so it's off the table now :Smile:
Can offer a smaller Cree one if it sweetens the deal :winky:
Terry :thumb:( who has no interest in the Burco but offering the torch to help benefit the funster s who drink tea and coffees :ROFLMAO:::bigsmile:)

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
After looking on the tinternet I would say £50 is very cheap and a real bargain they are over 5 times that new:thumb:

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
Mo Feel bidding war is coming off, can you CLEARLY distinguish between the tea line and boiling line in said urn.

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
Peter & Elaine surely if Sian wanted it for nappie boiling Jim would have offered it to her first.:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back