Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Bushey
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Only since 2012, but I towed for many years
Just come back from a pleasant few days at Lower Lode, near Tewkesbury (Nice pub with river-side camp site). Drove up around the Malvern Hills and wore my waving arm out. I have never before encountered so many motorhomes on the road. About every tenth vehicle was a motorhome. What a happy lot we are; all those smiling faces and friendly waving. No smiling car drivers though. They were all pi**ed off at us jolly folk crowding their roads. He he!

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
We have literally just returned from a 3 week tour of Yorkshire and Derbyshire in our Bolero, had some great times, met some really nice people, but what a lot of grumps on the road in motorhomes, I estimated that less than 50% of M/H users we met on the road returned our waves, we got so fed up with non responses that we gave up as well, our van should not be confused with an ordinary van, so what's going on !!

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
I very often wave at oncoming motorhomes. About 30% will reply.

My problem though, when they don't wave back and another MH comes along I always think "you can sod off an' all!"

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Having got a few friendly waves from motorhomers in our local town recently and even one from a Hymer owner,:RollEyes: we set out along the A75 today heading east towards Castle Douglas today.
"Excitement, here comes a motorhome", says Margaret::bigsmile: "Give him a wave she says, no, you wave I'm driving", I said. She gave him a hearty wave.........nothing:Sad: Huh, grumpy so and so!
However, we won't give up........the majority of mhomers are friendly, who cares about the grumpy ones that don't bother to wave back.

Last edited:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
I have copied and pasted the post below from another forum, won't say which one it is, there are funsters on here who are members of the other one as well. Another grumpy so-and-so::bigsmile:

Bill

"One of the disadvantages of driving a motorhome is having to put up with total strangers waving at you all the time sometimes from the other side of a dual carriageway, some almost lean out of the cab windows. Very odd behaviour!"

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
We have literally just returned from a 3 week tour of Yorkshire and Derbyshire in our Bolero, had some great times, met some really nice people, but what a lot of grumps on the road in motorhomes, I estimated that less than 50% of M/H users we met on the road returned our waves, we got so fed up with non responses that we gave up as well, our van should not be confused with an ordinary van, so what's going on !!

You should remember at this time of the year there are many rental MH and a few newbies who have not got the hang of being a true MH'er :RollEyes:

Although there are bound to be some 'Old Gits' around that will ignore you, it's easy to change your wave to an alternative hand sign, and how many of you have waved at a horse box? :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
I have copied and pasted the post below from another forum, won't say which one it is, there are funsters on here who are members of the other one as well. Another grumpy so-and-so::bigsmile:

Bill

"One of the disadvantages of driving a motorhome is having to put up with total strangers waving at you all the time sometimes from the other side of a dual carriageway, some almost lean out of the cab windows. Very odd behaviour!"

That must have come from 'The Dark Side', Very odd behaviour! :ROFLMAO:

Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
I drove back from Suffolk the other week in a white Luton van. Waved at every motorhomer I saw, and confused the life out of them!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back