Tartan Tearaways

Free Member
Aug 14, 2013
Beith
Funster No
MH
Swift Carrera
Exp
Hi Everyone, I'm very new to this... we will be picking up our first motorhome next week having been in a campervan for years my bones can't take it anymore.... anyway... I'll need to be working at times and wonder can anyone recommend a good way of connecting to wifi while on the move... I've seen a thing on line called 'Hubba' from 'Connect Buzz'.... any thoughts on this or other ideas... Many thanks... Michelle :Smile:

froggy59

Free Member
Jul 12, 2011
walkden
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2009
Hi Tartan

at £325+vat I don't think I would bother with that, a mifi dongle would be a lot cheaper.
this looks like it could do the job for a lot less cash....
Link Removed
Alan:thumb:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi I cannot find the link about free wifi forever but someone will :thumb:Along with the MIFI above you will not go far wrong :thumb:Iam presently on with a 12mth sim which gives a small 1/2 gb down load per mth but with unlimited surfing :thumb:for £21 :thumb:The sufing bit really works as a couple of mths ago I was using it every day around 10 hrs for a month :thumb:The other sim deal sounds good everlasting provided you stick under the limit for a one off £20 payment = free internet forever
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Are we talking Uk use or abroad ??
Using a laptop or tablet ??
Mainly bulit up areas or rural spots .

iT can all make a difference to what you need....

OP
OP
Tartan Tearaways

Tartan Tearaways

Free Member
Aug 14, 2013
Beith
Funster No
MH
Swift Carrera
Exp
Help with Wifi

Thanks again everyone.... Hi Tonka... it's for use on my laptop mainly but maybe the ipad aswell.... in the UK and in very rural areas... and I need a couple of hours access per day to keep on top of my work :cry:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
If you have home internet and not BT to make use of their hotspots, you can buy a "fonero" for a one off fee, attach to your router at home and then have access to the BT / fon network. A wifi long range aerial extender to the laptop increases the range..

You can get a Mifi for use with a sim card but here in UK I now just teather my phone to the ipad. Have a monthly contract for £12 with EE that gives unlimited internet....

keithcdb

Free Member
May 31, 2013
scotland
Funster No
MH
Iveco
Exp
a good mobile phone contract and tether the laptop

This, I get 1gb with my contract and could never use it all mobile browsing so use my phone as a hotspot. Easy couple of hours browsing on the move :thumb:

Steve101uk

Free Member
Jun 6, 2012
EUROPEAN UNION
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740 C
Exp
since 2007 caravan before that
I use giff gaff and ovivo for mobile phones and hotspot them. I used le french mobile when in france. all work well and give u flexibility without getting locked into any contracts. I have bt and occasionally can get on a bt hot spot but its only occasionally, same in france where i got on an sfr fon at one aire during a two week holiday.

Giff Gaff are on the o2 network, ovivo are on the vodaphopne network and le french mobile is on bouygues.

if u stay within the limits on the ovivo freedom it actually works out free.

Steve

G8WVW

Free Member
Jan 15, 2013
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1990 on/off
If you're at home with the iPad then iPhone5 on 3. ~£30 a month with absolutely UNLIMITED data. Will link automatically with iPad over BlueTooth and WiFi hotspot for laptop.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back