relay boxer ducato seat wanted (1 Viewer)

flashkim

Free Member
Oct 28, 2012
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Relay L2H2
Exp
Few years now
Hi all Anyone have /Know where I can get a single Passenger seat preferably swivel base for my 2008 relay ???? thanks Kim :thumb:

OP
OP
flashkim

flashkim

Free Member
Oct 28, 2012
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Relay L2H2
Exp
Few years now
OP
OP
flashkim

flashkim

Free Member
Oct 28, 2012
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Relay L2H2
Exp
Few years now
Perhaps someone knows if I could buy a plinth to fit base van and then I could fit any captain type seat on it ?????? :thumb:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
there is a company manufactures them or more expensive get genuine part from the main dealer

if it was me, I would buy a matching pair of quality seats from a breakers yard and get a local welder/fabricator build boxes to mount swivels on. buy universal swivels and drill bolt holes to match. cheaper than a new seat and more comfy. personally would go with lexus or other 4x4 leather electric heated and adjustable seats:thumb:

finding a matching passenger seat to match original is always a problem

OP
OP
flashkim

flashkim

Free Member
Oct 28, 2012
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Relay L2H2
Exp
Few years now
there is a company manufactures them or more expensive get genuine part from the main dealer

if it was me, I would buy a matching pair of quality seats from a breakers yard and get a local welder/fabricator build boxes to mount swivels on. buy universal swivels and drill bolt holes to match. cheaper than a new seat and more comfy. personally would go with lexus or other 4x4 leather electric heated and adjustable seats:thumb:

finding a matching passenger seat to match original is always a problem
For the money they want for a single seat, and then its not even the right colour..I think you could be right . My Volvo leather seats take some beating , its a case of finding the bases to fix the swivels on ..more looking cheers Kim :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
loads of seat bases and swivels on EBay. look at the ones being made for a T5 and either adapt or ask the seller if they do a specific one to suit. my guess is the T5 can be made to fit though as most van cab floors tend to be flat.

have converted a few vans over the years and you quickly learn to make things fit or find a cheaper way to do things. my last van had seam welded aluminium boxes under the seats with lockable doors. perfect as twin safes and cheaper than buying the genuine article:thumb:

OP
OP
flashkim

flashkim

Free Member
Oct 28, 2012
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Relay L2H2
Exp
Few years now
I tried tony Sugg this morning 07973 759593 he said base ,swivel, recon seat to match drivers £480....this is going on the back boiler for a while. Still have to get windows roof vents lined out etc...........cheers anyway Kim :Smile:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
I tried tony Sugg this morning 07973 759593 he said base ,swivel, recon seat to match drivers £480....this is going on the back boiler for a while. Still have to get windows roof vents lined out etc...........cheers anyway Kim :Smile:

Fear not Kim, £139 for base, just bolt in in between, and off you go!

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
The seat bases are universal ie fit both side i got one from a breakers about £45 then its up to you ingenuity which seats you fit, mine are from a vw sharon/galaxy with the spinny bit built in you have to remove the stop 0n on the turntable to get right round i welded two plates on top to adjust the width of the runners
i do have a single drivers seat in orange and charcoal but no base or seat belt reciever

OP
OP
flashkim

flashkim

Free Member
Oct 28, 2012
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Relay L2H2
Exp
Few years now
The seat bases are universal ie fit both side i got one from a breakers about £45 then its up to you ingenuity which seats you fit, mine are from a vw sharon/galaxy with the spinny bit built in you have to remove the stop 0n on the turntable to get right round i welded two plates on top to adjust the width of the runners
i do have a single drivers seat in orange and charcoal but no base or seat belt reciever

Will give it some thought , I think this depends on you knowing a welder....cheers Kim :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back