New Decals (1 Viewer)

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
The front decals on my van were looking a bit worse for wear, the edges were a bit tatty and they really let my van down.

Although I can apply vinyl pretty well the top sheet of grey was a bit big for me to take on so I decided to let the experts take the job on.

I removed all the old vinyl, which was a major job as it all broke up while removing it. It then left all the glue behind. Getting it all off took about 4 hours work. I then polished the surface and left the rest to the experts.

Here are a few photos, I am very happy with the results.

Attachments

• Vandecal0.jpg
    Vandecal0.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 97
  • Van decal1.jpg
    Van decal1.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 87
  • Van decal2.jpg
    Van decal2.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 95
  • Van decal3.jpg
    Van decal3.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 93
  • Vandecal4.jpg
    Vandecal4.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 97

jennymaywright

Free Member
Aug 21, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
That looks really good. Our decals are tatty and we keep meaning to replace them but feel quite daunted at the thought of cleaning them all off and perhaps not getting it clean enough - then the new decals wouldn't stick properly . . . . . . Also, not really sure where to go for decals. Ours is a 2001 Stargazer so probably too old to get like for like replacements so had thought of something decorative to cover where the old decals have been. Any thoughts anyone on where to get them and have them done for us? :Smile:

OP
OP
jezport
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
He copied my graphics so it won't be a problem getting replacement ones
ones.

I used a plastic ice scraper and alcohol to remove my old ones. It was only the large grey one that was difficult, the rest were easy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

voyagerstan

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
torquay sometimes
Funster No
MH
library bus (ford voyager
Exp
since1976
if you heat them up wirh hair dryes the glue normaly comes away with the decals and some white spirit to clean up after, bobs tour uncle . you can get decals made at most sign makers who will also fit them . :winky: stan

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
It looks great. Would love to remove mine as I hate them, think they look really tacky, but I have trouble just keeping the outside almost clean:Sad:And I'm still too scared to go on the roof:Eeek:

P.S Anyone know a ballpark figure for removal and cleaning? Don't wAnt them replaced.

Steve_UK

Free Member
May 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Funster No
MH
Auto-Sleeper Clubman GL
Exp
Since May 2012
He copied my graphics so it won't be a problem getting replacement ones
ones.

I used a plastic ice scraper and alcohol to remove my old ones. It was only the large grey one that was difficult, the rest were easy.

The scraper to remove the old ones, and the alcohol to make the time go faster? ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
jezport
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
It looks great. Would love to remove mine as I hate them, think they look really tacky, but I have trouble just keeping the outside almost clean:Sad:And I'm still too scared to go on the roof:Eeek:

P.S Anyone know a ballpark figure for removal and cleaning? Don't wAnt them replaced.

If they are not large areas of vinyl then its a job anyone can do. It was the wide grey top area that took me the longest time to remove. The rest was easy.

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
That looks really good. Our decals are tatty and we keep meaning to replace them but feel quite daunted at the thought of cleaning them all off and perhaps not getting it clean enough - then the new decals wouldn't stick properly . . . . . . Also, not really sure where to go for decals. Ours is a 2001 Stargazer so probably too old to get like for like replacements so had thought of something decorative to cover where the old decals have been. Any thoughts anyone on where to get them and have them done for us? :Smile:
I can manufacture the original Autocruise names in any size or colour that you need.
I spent 30 years manufacturing graphics and can still produce a lot upon demand.
Just let me know if I can help.
Wilf (Durham)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back