First trip to Sweden & Finland (1 Viewer)

Jan 19, 2013
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2010
Feel like a proper motorhome adventurer now having just done 3 1/2 weeks away, travelling to Finland. (we went Holland - Germany - Sweden - Finland as we wanted to spend time in Stockholm) Have learnt that no mater how much prep you do before hand, (OK, i admit I didn't do enough :Blush: ) the best learning is 'on the go' with the results being some unexpected delights and a few disappointments.
We stayed approx 50% wild or aire type sites and 50% on paid camp sites. Best free-be was right on the beach near the marina in Hanko Finland, best paid site (based only on location) was Langholmen, Stockholm. (pics of both below)
If anyone would like any specific details of where we stopped etc.... then i'd be happy to oblige. :Cool:

Attachments

• IMG_7732 small.jpg
    IMG_7732 small.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_7918 small.jpg
    IMG_7918 small.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 53

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I find the best trips are the ones with no plans or preparations. Done on the spur of the moment. Just up and go.

Onderweg

Funster
Jul 17, 2008
Vlissingen, Holland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
As of April 2008
Oops,

Another couple with Scandinavia fever :shout:
It will be crowded over there next year :ROFLMAO:

But glad you enjoyed the trip, we "did" Scandinavia 30plus times and still love it

Paul and Ineke

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Oops,

Another couple with Scandinavia fever :shout:
It will be crowded over there next year :ROFLMAO:

But glad you enjoyed the trip, we "did" Scandinavia 30plus times and still love it

Paul and Ineke

I got the fever and stayed on:ROFLMAO:Really though a great country to live life:thumb:

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
was really taken by northern Sweden, so empty, so many trees & lakes but I just wonder how dark & cold it is in the winter!

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
In the middle of the winter VERY cold-----no daylight, but, from what we have been told it's not so dark because of the snow::bigsmile:-----------we shall have to do a winter trip to see for ourselves::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
As you can see we live up here,not right up in the north around the middle lovely scenerys and tall pines,in the middle of winter we have plenty of snow not the wet stuff but dry powder,great for skiing, snow mobeling,and much more,the darkness is 0ne hour longer than the uk,but the brightness of the snow makes it look not so dark, often M&I and our dog Bamse,go on a trek at night and take some warm glogg and snacks, and wild animal watch,we do much ice fishing that's great fun,a great place to motorhome,but do make sure your MH is fully winterized and you have at least all weather tyres M&S fitted and bring along with you some snow chain's especially if you have front wheel drive,``if you like adventure your LOVE Scandinavia ´´Lastly i can say you will have a white Christmas in the middle to north regions, Cheers Alf&M:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back