refillable gas bottles installation (1 Viewer)

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We want a refillable gas bottle in our van, does anyone know where we can get it done in east Sussex please?
We just have room for 2 x6kg bottles in the locker.
I have emptied one to make room for the new refillable bottle.
Terry doesn't feel confident to drill a hole in the side of the van to get an outside filler point and we don't want to get a refillable bottle and then get refused to refill at a service station while in France.

froghopper

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
before they were invented
Gas bottle

Hi, have had one for years, when we bought this van I put bottle in side locker screwed a bit of 2 x2 verticlaly on side wall about 4ins back then a flat board to this. Like a little inner wall. Fitted pipe and valve through this, pull into garage, open door and there is your valve all ready to go, and no hole cutting in body work.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

froghopper

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
before they were invented
A bit ore

Have travelled most of Europe and uk, never ever been spoken to or checked, also make sure you drill a hole in floor with a grill to let any over fill out. Or leave door open while you pay

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
The French are now selling re-fillable gas bottles, almost identical to the Safefill bottle I have. Saw them on sale a couple of weeks ago.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
The French are now selling re-fillable gas bottles, almost identical to the Safefill bottle I have. Saw them on sale a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks for the info, can you give me a few more details please, any idea on price and size of bottles, we have the French adaptor bought over here, hope it will fit, we managed with 2 x6kg propane when we went to France last time and as you know you can't get calor over there and have decided to go the refillable route.
We are reading up on going this route trying to glean more info.
We know nothing!!

Last edited:

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Thanks for the info, can you give me a few more details please, any idea on price and size of bottles, we have the French adaptor bought over here, hope it will fit, we managed with 2 x6kg propane when we went to France last time and as you know you can't get calor over there and have decided to go the refillable route.
We are reading up on going this route trying to glean more info.
We know nothing!!

Can't remember exactly which supermarche chain it was, but as I was refuelling, I wandered over to look, they had racks full of them. And they were the same as Safefill, i.e., you can actually see the level of gas/fluid in the bottle.

http://www.safefill.co.uk/

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back