Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
I have only met one “Funster” and the way I am going I don’t think I will meet any more!:cry:
I left Spain on a tour of the UK and have stopped at the following Campsites: Henley, Stratford, Chester, Coniston, Penrith, Loch Lomond, Oban, Fort William, Inverness, Blair Atholl, St Andrews and I am now at Berwick on Tweed.

The question I ask myself is, will I meet anybody from this forum on my way to: Beamish, Whitby, York, Wansford, Stevenage (Wedding party) Braunston, Grafham Water, Peterborough, Hurley.
I thought I would be tripping over Funsters all over the UK……where are you all……of course it is always possible that you all move on when you hear that I am on my way!!! :Smile::ROFLMAO:
Where ever you guys and girls are, have a great trip:Smile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
while there is a membership of thousands, the active members only account for a few hundred.

I have been a member since 2007 and, apart from rallies and shows, i have yet to stumble across another funster...even out on the road. :Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Hi Bill if the Braunston you refer to is the one in Rutland ill be there!
It's a small village and home to the Vlad family.

The easiest way to meet other funsters is to either stop off at a show or rally,or let us know when your in a certain area and see whose near by.

Regards Vlad

OP
OP
Billy23

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
Hi Bill if the Braunston you refer to is the one in Rutland ill be there!
It's a small village and home to the Vlad family.

The easiest way to meet other funsters is to either stop off at a show or rally,or let us know when your in a certain area and see whose near by.

Regards Vlad

Thanks for the offer, unfortunately the Braunston I will be at is the one near Rugby, only stopping to see family.

Shows are difficult for me as I spend lots of time in Spain, came to the UK to cool down and cool down it did, since the Lake District it has rained almost every day all the way round Scotland, people mentioned the midges but didn't say anything about rain in Scotland, it seems they get a lot :ROFLMAO:

cbrookson

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2011
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur RX9 2012
Exp
Since 2001
I am now at Berwick on Tweed.

And so are we at the Caravan Club site, pitch 66, so we are around! ::bigsmile:

Leaving tomorrow morning ............... Look out for the old Hymer S700.

Cheers

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
while there is a membership of thousands, the active members only account for a few hundred.

I have been a member since 2007 and, apart from rallies and shows, i have yet to stumble across another funster...even out on the road. :Doh:

Active members are more than a few hundred John, over 1000 members will log in today alone::bigsmile:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Would seem more likely Bill that If you let people know
Where you will be and when you are more likely to be meeting others.:winky:

Good Luck and post your planned Journeys

Last edited:

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Hi.

I am currently at the Bristol Balloon Fiesta with the MCC, a few more fun members have been on the site. I have met up with a few members on the French Aires over the last few years.

If you want to meet a few try the 160 at Malvern next weekend.

Mike

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Currently in Norfolk.. actually loading the van ready for the big off on Thursday ( we will be sort of following you round the UK !! )

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
We've only just managed to meet a couple recently after being members for nearly two years. We had been keeping in touch with them by e-mail and we met up when we went down south to look at another mh. We are hoping to get together when we go down to change the van over later this month:thumb:
But we have spoken to a couple of funsters on the phone and hopefully we will get to meet up with them sometime or another.

The last time we were on a big site and got talking to someone in a mh, I asked if he was a funster. He gave me a very strange look and I had to explain, it turned out he wasn't :RollEyes:

Margaret::bigsmile:

May 10, 2012
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one.
Exp
Since 2006(1986 VW T25)
We were recently in Loch Lomond, Fort William Inverness(met Spotycatz) Edinburgh now in Hope in the Peak District and have a funster along side.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We be in Narfook as well, currently at the Old Hall at Caister on Sea which is a Brit Stop and one that I can highly recommend. We have just moved on today from an MCC rally at Gorlestone where we met up with a few Funsters namely Polar Bear and Martibolt. We are staying on here at Caister until Wednesday when we move on to Malvern.

Brisey.

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
I know we should all have funster stickers but have never been one for stickers on car or MH what about a funster motor home using this pitch type thing that we could put in place when we arrive on site
Just a thought

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Only ever bumped into a Funster once on our travels (except rallies and pre arranged meets)
We were travelling down to the Algarve and stopped at a Spanish motorway service station for a brew.
Someone knocked on our door and introduced himself and suggested we ought to join Motorhomefun. "But we are already members" I said.
Who was it?

Jaws!

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
We were recently in Loch Lomond, Fort William Inverness(met Spotycatz) Edinburgh now in Hope in the Peak District and have a funster along side.

We stopped off at Hope before stopping at Castleton last year, then went onto Chatsworth. But met our first funster last month down near Nottingham, will meet up again when we go down to change over the van:thumb:

Bill

MickyP

Free Member
May 13, 2012
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Sunlight Cliff 601
Exp
12 years plus
Hi Billy 23

We are still in Spain (Full Time) that's why you don't see us in UK? Where in Spain do you stay? we are near Alhama De Murcia

How do i Get my Funster sticker?

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Active members are more than a few hundred John, over 1000 members will log in today alone::bigsmile:
I agree with you both. John was probably referring to the active posters whilst Jim was quoting active members, i.e. those that use the forum or go to rallies though I suspect 3-400 posters are active rally goers unless people post regularly we tend not to notice them, old age and short term memory loss puts paid to that. It does not mean however that the other members are any the less valid. There is a smiley badge to put in the windscreen but must admit I seldom see one other than at a rally. Several thousand funsters can easily disappear into the 58,000 motorhomers in this country. Keep looking though its part of the Fun.

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
We be in Narfook as well, currently at the Old Hall at Caister on Sea which is a Brit Stop and one that I can highly recommend. We have just moved on today from an MCC rally at Gorlestone where we met up with a few Funsters namely Polar Bear and Martibolt. We are staying on here at Caister until Wednesday when we move on to Malvern.

Brisey.

Say hello to Polar Bear from us! See you on Thursday 9.30 - 10 ish :thumb:

Last edited:

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
I have 4 funsters in two units on site at the moment relaxing before Malvern

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
We wore our Funster badges when we ran uke workshops at Camper Jam at Weston Park in May this year.

Out of tens of thousands of motorhomers there, we never saw another Funster!

Attachments

• Camperjam 2013 workshop#2.jpg
    Camperjam 2013 workshop#2.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 22

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Only ever bumped into a Funster once on our travels (except rallies and pre arranged meets)
We were travelling down to the Algarve and stopped at a Spanish motorway service station for a brew.
Someone knocked on our door and introduced himself and suggested we ought to join Motorhomefun. "But we are already members" I said.
Who was it?

Jaws!

You bumped into us in Germany Mike, :winky: or had you two been stalking us. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

We have meet loads of funsters, on our travels, :roflmto: you must have a sticker and get out more. :whatthe: :ROFLMAO:

cbrookson

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2011
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur RX9 2012
Exp
Since 2001
Hi cbrookson, will look you up in the morning, we are on pitch 55 Rimor so not far away, we leave in the morning as well.

Bill

Just to let you all know we did meet up at Berwick, we were just packing the van. If I had read the email before this I'd have got the morning coffee ready and the Funster Flag up .... :thumb:

We are now at Old Hartley and we have a surplus of good whisky if anyone is around .................

Cheers

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
As most of you will know we now reside at Parc Verger. Who should turn up but Meor!!!
Had em round last night for a few drinks with 10 others on site. Wot a luvverly couple!!! :thumb:

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I put the sticker on the windscreen earlier this year but have yet to see another. Mind you I'm an anti-social sod at the best of times.

With regard to Jim's earlier daily log-in statistic I reckon for every active poster on this forum there could be up to 20 lurkers.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back