Aug 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since Oct 1st!
Hello all!
Having reached the stage where we would like to explore, without having to pitch a tent at the end of the day, we need advice on what motorhome to buy.There are just two of us and would like to travel mostly in Europe, so left hand drive would be best.Our budget is around £8K.We have been looking at Hymers and C.I.s.Ideally would like shower!Too much to ask?
Any and all advice would be warmly welcomed!

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Hi and welcome to Fun

Im afraid you might have to up your budget a tad to get a decent one, although im no expert on eurovans, Jims book is a good one to have it gives you some really good advice

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Why left hand drive, its not that hard with RHD..

Your choice of van may be limited to you budget, try places like ebay ( but watch for scams) , preloved and gumtree.
Have you considered a panel van conversion, they can have showers and as they are built with a metal frame you wont have to worry as much as buying a old van with any damp issues.

Spend a few days web browsing to gain info on prices and be WARNED... If it seem to good to be true it will be.. Many scams about, dont ever part with cash or let people say they will deliver it to you or take a deposit by paypal etc..
There are some classics out there.. "I am working on an oil rig" etc....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
Got ours (same as Hymer) from a dealer, 4 years ago, £8.5 with full 6 month warranty ...

Could have got similar privately for £4k/£6k at the time but couldn't be bothered looking...

She's cost £2.90 so far in parts :Angry:

cbrookson

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2011
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur RX9 2012
Exp
Since 2001
Our big Hymer S700 cost us £9000 - you just need to look around. Must admit we have spent a bit on fripperies .... but it was basically sound.

You just need to look around, ours was on autotrader, and was local to us.

Cheers

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hello all!
Having reached the stage where we would like to explore, without having to pitch a tent at the end of the day, we need advice on what motorhome to buy.There are just two of us and would like to travel mostly in Europe, so left hand drive would be best.Our budget is around £8K.We have been looking at Hymers and C.I.s.Ideally would like shower!Too much to ask?
Any and all advice would be warmly welcomed!

IF you can get Link Removed for the starting price it will be a bargain :thumb:
nothing to do with me and of course you must check it out :winky:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
i see that your location is london this is going to limit you to either petrol or deisels later than around 2003/4 due to the low emission zone which is basicaly inside the m 25
and if you go above 3.5 tonnes it will need to be later still to comply
you can check on the vehicles on this page
Link Removed

to get something that complies close to your budget i would be looking at panel van conversions such as pugeot fiat autotrails with petrol engines, bonus is you get a shower
bad news is you have to make the bed each night

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back