LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
morning guys and dolls only 4 more sleeps till the madness begins .whoop whoop .bring it ON.

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
after reading some of the threads over last couple of weeks,i have to admit im not looking forward to this meet:Sad:
we run a genny during the day:Sad:apparently a no no:RollEyes:
we will have two children under 12 with us:Sad:apparently kids should be seen and not heard.
we will be unable to bring our 2 dogs with us,just in-case they upset another camper by eating their food to loudly:Sad:
myself and my wife are both smokers.a biiiiiiiiiiig no no to non smokers,but bbq smoke is ok,so if anyone wants to smoke in peace and have a cuppa you are welcome at my door,providing the kids are out playing:thumb:
before anyone jumps on this we do NOT smoke in the motorhome or in close proximity to the grand children.

but apparently getting pissed and keeping people awake into the small hours is fun and a badge of honour? go figure :Doh:
and if you don't get pissed you are labelled miserable:RollEyes:
as i said,im not looking forward at all.but fran and the kids are:Smile:

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
after reading some of the threads over last couple of weeks,i have to admit im not looking forward to this meet:Sad:
we will have two children under 12 with us:Sad:apparently kids should be seen and not heard.
we will be unable to bring our 2 dogs with us,just in-case they upset another camper by eating their food to loudly:Sad:
myself and my wife are both smokers.a biiiiiiiiiiig no no to non smokers,but bbq smoke is ok,so if anyone wants to smoke in peace and have a cuppa you are welcome at my door,providing the kids are out playing:thumb:
before anyone jumps on this we do NOT smoke in the motorhome or in close proximity to the grand children.

but apparently getting pissed and keeping people awake into the small hours is fun and a badge of honour? go figure :Doh:

Set up next to me and Elaine we don't care :thumb:
I smoke not where kids are
White westy rat is comming crunches food all night she does attack cc wardens
granddaughter who is a little swine at 3 but funny as hell cheaky little horror
I fall asleep by 10
I slurp my food and dribble
Snore like a pig
Awake and banging around by 6.30 with news on TV
Elaine of course is the perfect lady and only falls over when legless doesn't smoke only swears at at me dog and cc wardens

Ps can I plug in your genny :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Set up next to me and Elaine we don't care :thumb:
I smoke not where kids are
White westy rat is comming crunches food all night she does attack cc wardens
granddaughter who is a little swine at 3 but funny as hell cheaky little horror
I fall asleep by 10
I slurp my food and dribble
Snore like a pig
Awake and banging around by 6.30 with news on TV
Elaine of course is the perfect lady and only falls over when legless doesn't smoke only swears at at me dog and cc wardens

Ps can I plug in your genny :ROFLMAO:

Looking forward to meeting all the above curmudgeons.
You sound my sort of people, Sheila & I will not bring a dog or grand-kids
(Ours have been banned from everywhere) (and I only bite rarely)
but have been known to fall over at the end of a night for no reason.
Sheila follows Elaines example almost perfectly,although she does F*rt
as do I

Roger:winky:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
perhaps jim should consider having.
a smoking area.
a habit i wish i had the willpower to give up:Sad:
a genny area.
people need to charge batteries so never a problem for me:thumb:
a kids area.
i tolerate all kids no matter how unruly,i was a unruly kid once, wife says i still am:roflmto:
a dog area.
i tolerate all dogs no matter how unruly.
a drinking area.
done all the drinking i will ever need years ago,had the liver damage to prove it(now healed)
a bbq area,
i hate the smell of bbq smoke,but tolerate it,if people want to bbq:thumb:

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
I will have you know my beloved wife does not fart but passes wind in a lady like manner usually followed by a small chuckle and a knowing look

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Looking forward to meeting all the above curmudgeons.
You sound my sort of people, Sheila & I will not bring a dog or grand-kids
(Ours have been banned from everywhere) (and I only bite rarely)
but have been known to fall over at the end of a night for no reason.
Sheila follows Elaines example almost perfectly,although she does F*rt
as do I

Roger:winky:
forgot about the farting,is that a no no?:ROFLMAO:

Mar 12, 2012
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just started!
Hey Chris

You know those occasions when you're invited out, to friends or a do or whatever, and you really don't want to go, and you really can't be arsed, and - oh the effort of getting your glad rags on ......

and, more often than not, it turns out to be a real hoot :thumb:

So, based on my theory of grumpiness, Malvern is gonna be a great show for you :ROFLMAO:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

perhaps jim should consider having.
a smoking area.
a habit i wish i had the willpower to give up:Sad:
a genny area.
people need to charge batteries so never a problem for me:thumb:
a kids area.
i tolerate all kids no matter how unruly,i was a unruly kid once, wife says i still am:roflmto:
a dog area.
i tolerate all dogs no matter how unruly.
a drinking area.
done all the drinking i will ever need years ago,had the liver damage to prove it(now healed)
a bbq area,
i hate the smell of bbq smoke,but tolerate it,if people want to bbq:thumb:

And a miserable old gits area.:ROFLMAO: Drop fran and the kids off with us then make your way over to it. You'll see it on the map marked MHFACTS::bigsmile:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Hey Chris

You know those occasions when you're invited out, to friends or a do or whatever, and you really don't want to go, and you really can't be arsed, and - oh the effort of getting your glad rags on ......

and, more often than not, it turns out to be a real hoot :thumb:

So, based on my theory of grumpiness, Malvern is gonna be a great show for you :ROFLMAO:
been to loads of rally's and meets never been disappointed yet.:thumb:
went to malvern last year,great show:thumb:
just feel that people sometimes look for something to moan about:Eeek:
ie
other people's kids.
other people's dogs.
smokers.
genny users.
and any thing else that don't come up to their high expectations :RollEyes:
live and let live i say:thumb:

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Chris
We have done 3 fun events
Newark
Bloody freezing in march good fun though and we enjoyed it
Nice people both from fun and other campers

Peterbrough
A bit of a let down
It's a fantastic show though though
The problem was we where on general camping field and away from from fun rabble this was our fault due to late booking
I will defiantly be back next year but on fun site

Misterton
What a difference only a small event just fun members in a field we where met by marshals and sorted out quickly parked up introduced to people near our spot and within a hour we where made so at at home best event we have been to for years
next year is booked already

Malvern
We are really looking forwards to Malvern a bit unsure due to size of event though but we are easy going people not really sure about this cowboy stuff though
Although Elaine does say when I do any work work at home I am a cowboy

Whitby
This one I am really looking forward to is goth weekend in whitby we have always wanted to go and we have have just got uped from Short List
So we are going

As for rest I work on a theory that
you can't please everbody all time
You can't like everbody in life
I will upset some one some time
Someone will upset me sometime

I try my best and ignore the rest

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
And a miserable old gits area.:ROFLMAO: Drop fran and the kids off with us then make your way over to it. You'll see it on the map marked MHFACTS::bigsmile:
had some good rally's with the factsters,met some very nice people at facts meets as i have at fun meets,although facts meets can be more regimental than fun meets,and fun meets can be more mental than facts meets:roflmto:

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
I would be careful about smoking. At Malvern there's Injuns about, they may misread your smoke as a smoke signal to scalp all the paleface.
:helpsos::helpsos:

Last edited:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Chris
We have done 3 fun events
Newark
Bloody freezing in march good fun though and we enjoyed it
Nice people both from fun and other campers

Peterbrough
A bit of a let down
It's a fantastic show though though
The problem was we where on general camping field and away from from fun rabble this was our fault due to late booking
I will defiantly be back next year but on fun site

Misterton
What a difference only a small event just fun members in a field we where met by marshals and sorted out quickly parked up introduced to people near our spot and within a hour we where made so at at home best event we have been to for years
next year is booked already

Malvern
We are really looking forwards to Malvern a bit unsure due to size of event though but we are easy going people not really sure about this cowboy stuff though
Although Elaine does say when I do any work work at home I am a cowboy

Whitby
This one I am really looking forward to is goth weekend in whitby we have always wanted to go and we have have just got uped from Short List
So we are going

As for rest I work on a theory that
you can't please everbody all time
You can't like everbody in life
I will upset some one some time
Someone will upset me sometime

I try my best and ignore the rest
don't get me started about people singing about dead dogs ,broken down trucks,wife's leaving them,dead horses,and boys named sue:ROFLMAO:
but i know people like JJ and others like that sort of thing,so i tolerate it :thumb::ROFLMAO:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Personally I don't give a monkeys Mr Green. I'm coming to get my badge of honour :thumb:

Never been disappointed by a fun meet yet...... whether it be sitting in my van or partying on the tables of Shrewsbury.

See you all there

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Personally I don't give a monkeys Mr Green. I'm coming to get my badge of honour :thumb:

Never been disappointed by a fun meet yet...... whether it be sitting in my van or partying on the tables of Shrewsbury.

See you all there
i think you have already more than one badge of honour, paul:roflmto:
one of my biggest disappointments this year was not being able to get to the shrewsbury meet,best meet of the year,but alas work got in the way,so could not get there:cry:

june123

Free Member
Jul 12, 2012
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Burstner A class 3 berth
Exp
since 2004 caravans before that
advice re Malvern

Advice from those who've been before. Do we need our bikes at Malvern or are there any good (flat) cycle rides? If not we'll leave them behind and save on weight.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Advice from those who've been before. Do we need our bikes at Malvern or are there any good (flat) cycle rides? If not we'll leave them behind and save on weight.

It is a big show ground and worth taking your bikes to get around there alone.:Smile:

OP
OP
Silkcut1105

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
well i think my exciting thread got everyone in the party mood ,so lets forget about smokers ,gennys ,kids and animals.. AND JUST CHILL OUT AND ENJOY. I SMOKE I DRINK A LITTLE IVE GOT A GENNY AND 2 GRANDKIDS WITH ME AND POSSIBLY 2 DOGS COMING TOO ...OH AND OF COURSE KATHYS COMING TOO.:thumb::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
well i think my exciting thread got everyone in the party mood ,so lets forget about smokers ,gennys ,kids and animals.. AND JUST CHILL OUT AND ENJOY. I SMOKE I DRINK A LITTLE IVE GOT A GENNY AND 2 GRANDKIDS WITH ME AND POSSIBLY 2 DOGS COMING TOO ...OH AND OF COURSE KATHYS COMING TOO.:thumb::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
and you play golf:roflmto:
i noticed there is a golf course right next door to the showground, i might do 18 holes.:Smile:

OP
OP
Silkcut1105

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
not fit enough for golf anymore chris, you would have to bring me back in a bodybag and then drive the misses home ,could you cope with the ear bashing .lol

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
well we are going to be right boring :Doh:

I have been [HI]forced[/HI] to book both the guided walk of the Malvern hills on friday evening, ( dog will love it i will smile dutifully and " enjoy" the experience ); and the saturday night main entertainment. :Sad:

i hope its a short walk.

we have managed to dump the grand kids back on their parents so it will be just Julie, Merlin ( our dog, sorry if you dont like dogs who thinks everyone is his friend ) and me.

we have only done one rally before at Shepton mallet last year so looking forward too meeting you all :thumb:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
We will need to run a genny to charge my mobility scooter so apologies in advance

Park near us Chris. Hubby doesnt drink but we both smoke or come find us for a coffee or tea at some point during the meet.

As to not looking forward to it well you may be pleasantly surprised and have a great time.

See you there

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008

Damn Damn Damn :swear:- I have NO grandkids to bring , NO animals, and I don't have a genny either, so will only be able to annoy people by excessive smoking and drinking :wine::wine:. Might raise a fart from time to time as well.... depends on the FB pie and baked beans in the larder :clap:

Or I could get a :dm: to read I suppose...

Catherine

Mar 25, 2013
Maidstone Kent
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit 160
Exp
Since 2013
Well, we don't smoke, don't have kids/grandkids, dogs or a genny. But I do enjoy a glass of wine or three, :wine: Tim not so much but he does f*rt!! :Eeek: So hopefully we will fit in somewhere.:thumb:

welshcowboy

Free Member
Jul 6, 2012
flint
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
1 year

Well we have 6kids a geny and a dog so come Park with us lol

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back