Why do Alko not do it in the first place (1 Viewer)

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Just had AS Air Suspension fitted to my Rapido and driven it 50 miles back to Todmorden
The difference in the smoothness of the ride and the stability when overtaking or being overtaken on the motorway is unbelievable.

It is difficult to imagine why an outfit like Alko persist in turning out chassis with such puddle jumping suspension when such technology is available

I can give nothing but praise to Phil and Kath at AS at Warrington, a very professional service and a pleasure to do business with.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
cost .
plus with out up plating you have lowered your payload .
every thing you add like that lowers your payload.
putting a cycle rack soon mounts up.
are you going to upplate now?
plus alko make the chassis they build to a sec given by the builder . its their fault . alko just do as they are told .
rapido are to blame.built down to a price ,not up to a standard, like most m,homes .

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
probably because Alko axles were designed for caravans and trailers originally.

like asking why caravans dont have onboard water tanks (i know they are starting to)...tried and tested design and if it aint bust why fix it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Just had AS Air Suspension fitted to my Rapido and driven it 50 miles back to Todmorden
The difference in the smoothness of the ride and the stability when overtaking or being overtaken on the motorway is unbelievable.

It is difficult to imagine why an outfit like Alko persist in turning out chassis with such puddle jumping suspension when such technology is available

I can give nothing but praise to Phil and Kath at AS at Warrington, a very professional service and a pleasure to do business with.

They really are great folks aren't they :thumb:

I bought my kit from them and they absolutely bent over backwards for me :Smile:

It is rare to find folk who are both very professional AND very friendly too ::bigsmile:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010

They don't all need it.
My 4250kg heavy chassis is well sorted and I'd probably have to put 6 ton on it to level the van :ROFLMAO:
I'm at cragg vale tonight "Hebden bridge CC" not far from you

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Unfortunately I agree about Rapido. They will deliver what ever is asked for despite knowing it is not right !

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
They do........Alko air suspension.
sorry cant make it bigger

Attachments

• alko (Small).jpg
    alko (Small).jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 61
OP
OP
laneside

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
cost .
plus with out up plating you have lowered your payload .
every thing you add like that lowers your payload.
putting a cycle rack soon mounts up.
are you going to upplate now?
plus alko make the chassis they build to a sec given by the builder . its their fault . alko just do as they are told .
rapido are to blame.built down to a price ,not up to a standard, like most m,homes .

Just awaiting documentation and plating will be changed to 3850 Kg but more importantly the rear axle plating should go from 2000Kg up to 2240Kg which will make this van road legal for the very first time

malheg

Free Member
May 28, 2008
Coppull (Chorley)
Funster No
MH
Campervan (Alphard)
Exp
12 yrs
Air suspension

Pleased to hear it. They are doing my van on Oct 3rd.

Malc:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back