Spottycatz

Free Member
Feb 17, 2013
Racodorm
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low Profile
Exp
Still making mistakes! But they're not as costly.
So here we sit on the verge of our first three month trip in our MH. I was wondering how this change in lifestyle will impact on our health. We will certainly be much more active, eat differently and enjoy better weather, but how do all you other folks think that your health has changed as a result of 'living and travelling' in the van?

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
When we go away on an extended trip we both lose a little weight because we walk more, even though it's often to the pub. Lower blood pressure is another benefit of the relaxed lifestyle for us.

Rgds
Bill

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
When we go away on an extended trip we both lose a little weight because we walk more, even though it's often to the pub. Lower blood pressure is another benefit of the relaxed lifestyle for us.

Rgds
Bill

Yes, we'd go along with that !
We also do a little cycling, but the most obvious change is that we sleep a lot better at night, knackered after all that walking and cycling !!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011 (so a bit of a newbie)
I think the health benefits are huge and have long term benefits.

Stress levels decrease dramatically for me to the point where I'm zen-like.

And yes, I pretty much always sleep better (apart from on one particularly loud side in Devon).

The fresh air has got to be good for you.

Being away from the electro pollution (phone masts, smart meters, wi-fi, etc) has big benefits.

And there's the nightly fumbling under the duvet - that would be me finding where the torch is - not the other thing :winky:

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
It's not only life style that changes, I act and feel different once I get behind the wheel of the motorhome, I slow down, drive calmer and don't rant at other road users. My wife say's the smell of our van relaxes her, sometimes she just likes to sit in the van even if we'er not going anywhere. :thumb:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
First of all when we go away on extended trips 3 to 4 months we don't treat It as a holiday, just that we are living in a different place, that means we do not have to cram everything into a set period, we can travel small or large distance what ever takes our fancy, one thing for sure for us if we were to eat out and try and do the things we used to do on a fortnights holiday our money would not go as far as it needs to and that would cause us stress.

Without having to spend a lot we have a wonderful time cycling walking looking at the aciitecture in some of our wonderful cities doing this in a relaxed way just makes us feel better, sleep better and sends stress out of the window.

our main aim is not to pressure on ourselves .

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
We don't have to travel too far in the van to feel that we're "on holiday". There's something really nice about being out and then deciding to stop for a bit of lunch and just sitting and relaxing for a while, even when you're only half an hour away from home.
There's less to clean and less to worry about when we're away than at home and it's always nice to meet other people and see new places as well.
Our favourite site is at Lower Wensleydale, it's only a short walk to the Pheasant Inn in Harmby, a lovely quiet little pub, no loud music and everyone is so friendly.
A pleasant 20 minute walk takes us into Leyburn which is handy for day-to-day needs. We tend to do a lot more walking when we're away as well, this has got to lower the blood pressure for sure:roflmto:

Last edited:
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
So here we sit on the verge of our first three month trip in our MH. I was wondering how this change in lifestyle will impact on our health. We will certainly be much more active, eat differently and enjoy better weather, but how do all you other folks think that your health has changed as a result of 'living and travelling' in the van?

We are in a similar situation to you. I finished full-time work in June and have just returned from 4 weeks in the Outer Hebrides. Prior to that we managed 3 trips away of up to 12 days at a time (all since 11th April).

With each (longer) trip I find that we 'settle in' to the lifestyle more readily. It is just lovely to be free of the need to on time all the time. You can go when you want, stop when you want, do what you want..........it's brill !

We also found that living in a small space is really quite easy...........just get into a routine and keep everything ship shape and Bristol fashion!

We found that we have walked, cycled and just simply 'de stressed' on a scale that previously has been difficult to achieve due to work constraints.

I have only returned to work for the next 4 weeks because my former employer made me an offer I could not refuse (!) ::bigsmile:

We are off to France and Spain in September for 4 months ...................oh yes ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

I agree with everything said so far

ENJOY :thumb::thumb:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
A couple of lives ago I used to find myself more relaxed and contented when I was in the van...

So, using powerful logic and massive brain power, I worked out that, if I was so happy when I was in the van, why not be there all the time?

25 odd years later I still think the same...

Van living Rools...

I bet you have a brilliant time and wish you had done it sooner...:winky:

JJ :Cool:

Last edited:

Fireman Sam

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Bushey
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Only since 2012, but I towed for many years
It's not only life style that changes, I act and feel different once I get behind the wheel of the motorhome, I slow down, drive calmer and don't rant at other road users. My wife say's[HI] the smell of our van relaxes her,[/HI] sometimes she just likes to sit in the van even if we'er not going anywhere. :thumb:

Yes me too. As soon as I step inside it I feel calm. Strange that! I suppose it really is my comfort zone

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back