Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We've stayed there a couple of times. Very expensive in main season we always go out of season and use ASCI card. Site is ok nice pitches with hedges and shade but a lot of it is permanent Spanish units with look a bit like a shanty town. Got its own beach and a nice cycle route into the Strip. A restaraunt and bar on the beach and they have a couple of half price days which are good. At Xmas New Year I would imagine its like little Britain as loads spend the winter there. Cartegena near by and a lovely little fishing port Cabo is a nice place to eat if you like fish.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
that seems to be the problem anywhere in spain in winter the long termers seem like they turn the sites into a shanty town me and pete (knuckledrageer) stayed on Camping Armanello
in july for a few nights and it was great but in febuary when i was gonna stay there it was a shanty town

Nov 14, 2009
normandy
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
16 years
hi , the shanty town bit is not really that bad and you dont have to stay anywhere near it. we stay up on j or k section , huge serviced pitches and use camping cheques. you get 14 nights for 11 cheques so not bad. you can use acsi as well if you dont use cheques. all the best sean

Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
We stayed I. 2010. One side is like a shanty town with numerous semi permanent structures with tarpaulins etc. The alleyways between the pitches were also quite tight. The surrounding area made up of lots of flats was like a ghost town - quite large and hardly a soul in sight. The cycle ride to the town was quite pleasant. The bus to Cartegena picks up outside the site but we would have found our own transport more convenient to get further afield. Some people seemed to enjoy it there but I would not go back.

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi
We have stayed there a few times on the C & CC rallies, we have gone off the place but used to enjoy the rallies, wont be going back, toilet blocks are poor, water in showers and pot sinks sometimes warm, some nice areas around, it's a bit like Marmite love r hate. Pete

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, we go to visit friends that stay most of the winter, shanty town yes, shower blocks the worst you could wish for. :Doh:

But the area is nice, great for dogs / cycling. :thumb:

So although its not the best, and we tend to use our own shower, :RollEyes: we will be most probably spending a week or two there again this winter. ::bigsmile: Bob.

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
ok thx all thats another site taken off the list looks like bonterra park will still be best place :Smile:

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
Found this last year: Link Removed
It's a developing site, so everything is new. It's in easy walking distance of a supermarket, close to the beach, handy for some good restaurants and bars, and has miles of off road cycling. What's even better it was cheaper than the big ACSI sites.

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
that 1 looks good i will check it more l8er thx

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
that 1 looks good i will check it more l8er thx

We have not been to lomonte, friends looked at it earlier this year for 2014 but it seemed all Dutch n Germans not many Brits if that helps. Pete

Ps They did say it was a nice site though.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

Bill Not our cup of tea ...we could'nt get out quick enough...most people we met afterwards said oh you have never been to le manka.....but some people do love it

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Stayed there for 1 night in Nov 2007 - never again!
We call it "La Manky" - nuff said! :winky::winky::winky::winky:

Same here Marie..in 2011 so nothing has changed..one night for us was toooo much rat boxes all over the place...some parts are like shanty town:Doh:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back