LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
hi all i am looking for a water pump for my apache 700se,the one thats in it is a ...smartflow model no upo814 but it seems to be going obselete ican find a ufo814 will this be ok or can i fit a more powerfull sureflow? going from 2.2 to 2.6 flow rate?
dave

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
a 30psi pump will give a faster flow rate but may show up any weak joints or components. basically though you will go through a tank of water quicker. because the pump has an integral pressure switch, it just needs adjusting down a bit

OP
OP
lugnutt

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
a 30psi pump will give a faster flow rate but may show up any weak joints or components. basically though you will go through a tank of water quicker. because the pump has an integral pressure switch, it just needs adjusting down a bit

how does one do that?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
how does one do that?

there is an adjuster screw on the end of the pump...pressure switch end.

it alters the point the pump switches off....it DOES NOT alter the pressure

the pressure is defined by the pumps mechanical characteristics and is none adjustable.

the screw is there to finely adjust the auto switch-off point so the pump doesnt keep running intermittently when the tap is closed.

again, it DOES NOT alter the pressure, when the pump is running it produces 30psi (or whatever psi the pump is rated at)

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back