LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Yes, we bought two which worked out at £1.50 each, instead of £7.99. Ordered online and picked them up in store when we were passing the following day. :thumb:

Quite a bargain - just need to be careful where used, because lots of places won't accept blue toilet fluid in their dumps.

Mike

OP
OP
grasscutter

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Just picked up 10 Blue and 2 Pink for £18. We also use it in the porta potti in our work van so we have now got a good stock.:thumb:
Don't mind using this instead of the bio liquid when its this price.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
That's really good to know, we generally use bio liquid instead of the chemical stuff. However, on going into our living room this morning and looking straight out the window, I noticed a bottle of something sitting on the path just inside our gate:whatthe:
On closer inspection it was a 2 litre bottle of Elsan Double Blue toilet fluid.......no idea where it came from, but have my suspicion that it could be a neighbour up from us. Margaret puts goodies in a carrier bag on his front door handle from time to time, so I'm sure it was him:thumb: Will ring him when he gets home.
Bill

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Thankyou have reserved 4 of each blue and pink locally:thumb:

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Sold out Halfords Plymouth still a few bowl cleaner left though :Smile:

Brightspark

Free Member
Dec 27, 2010
Ashbourne, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
June 2010
Well I reserved 4 containers of the blue stuff to collect & pay for at my local store in Barnstaple. When I arrived today I was informed that when I made my reservation the system showed sufficient stock but actual stock at the store was a big fat ZERO.

After a long discussion with the store manager & declining his offer of returning to collect when its actually in stock (a round trip of 25 miles) he offered me an alternative product at the same price. Yes I walked out with 4 x 2ltr bottles of Aqua Kem at £3.00 each + BOGOF. Normally priced at £12.99 each!!

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Just seen this over on "THe Dark Side"

Though it was worth posting.:thumb::thumb:Link Removed

The reason they are dumping it is because everyone knows it's really nasty stuff and have moved on to nice bio friendly stuff like £1 Tesco's bio detergent.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
>> Never seen Tesco Bio at £1 !!!

OK, Lidl ??

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
The reason they are dumping it is because everyone knows it's really nasty stuff and have moved on to nice bio friendly stuff like £1 Tesco's bio detergent.

Well I don't want top put the mockers on any Bargains.(Being a Yarkshire man::bigsmile: I love a bargain...Like the Yarkshire war cry "HOW MUCH" :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: ) But I am 99.9% sure that is the one I am using at the moment purchased from the UK at 7.99 for 2ltrs...it said double strength.....well it is the worst blue fluid I have ever used...it's like water with hardly any fragrance:Doh: smell to it...:cry::Doh::Doh::Doh: mine did not even seem like single strength....more like watered down blue...or water with a colorant in it

I only use about a 1/2 a teaspoon (well I am from Yarkshire waste not want not) in my cassette, mainly just to over ride any smells that happen on opening the trap door of the cassette...mainly for the wife...if it was for me I would not bother with anything as I empty everyday.......I have tried 4 of the French bio washing liquids, but still not to sure about it .....they keep the cassette clean inside though ....that diamond Blue I could use the whole 2 ltrs and still not achieve what 1/2 a teaspoon of Elsan Thicker Formula Blue Perfumed Toilet Fluid..or Elsan Double Blue or a few other blue toilet liquids over here in france will do :Doh:...like the saying "what I do always comes up smelling of ROSES".:RollEyes:..mmmm well something like that :winky: :winky: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
If anyone can get me some I would be grateful. All my local branches are out of stock.

I will be at Malvern.

Mar 22, 2011
NE Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson Best of 10
Exp
Since Feb 2013….2nd Van

Is this washing liquid that can be used in the toilet ? I no nothing about Tesco's but the other half is interested? :Smile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Why do you feel the need to put chemicals in the loo at all. They are simply not necessary:Smile:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
just bought 4 bottles at £6 for 4 thats a good buy

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
But no excuses in here, there are regular threads of how damaging formaldehyde is and how bio washing liquid is all you need.

We use nothing at all.[/QUOTE]
we dont use chemicals but we do use paper::bigsmile:

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003

Excuse my Neanderthal ignorance, but when funsters are referring to "bio washing liquids" on these very helpful posts, are you referring to washing liquids for dishes or for clothes?
We ar habitual Blue users but this thread has opened our eyes to the damage that we are causing and we therefore want to out things right!
Cheers:Sad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back