Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
We're returning from France to Portsmouth on the evening sailing in late October. Has anyone done this recently and know of any nearby safe stop overs / sites / CLs?
I've tried one CL and she said it was a field site and not suitable for arriving after 10pm in the dark.
I looked up parking at the port and there were reports of break ins.
Any advice would be great.
Thanks
Mags

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
We stayed up near portsmouth RNLI life boat station top of ferry road it is past the RM museum esplanade south sea didn’t have any problems and a nice view and fishing if this helps let me know bill:thumb:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
We're returning from France to Portsmouth on the evening sailing in late October. Has anyone done this recently and know of any nearby safe stop overs / sites / CLs?
I've tried one CL and she said it was a field site and not suitable for arriving after 10pm in the dark.
I looked up parking at the port and there were reports of break ins.
Any advice would be great.
Thanks
Mags

Hi Mags
We have stopped in the port overnight several times, no trouble, earlier this year we got there about 8.0 in the evening to catch the ferry next morning, we was told by a security girl to come back after 11.0 new rules (which we did with no trouble) if you park here get to the back of the lines or the side and you will be out of the way, or you could do what we did in between the above times and that was to park on the sea front plenty do. Pete :thumb:

Ps dont go to drove lee cl if it's wet you will get stuck on the grass. :cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
There is Hayling Island West Beach Car Park about 10/15 minutes from the port.
Cost would be £15 per night between 10pm and 8am. Safe and legal.

Apr 17, 2010
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
17yrs
http://portsmouth.streetmapof.co.uk/whale-island-way/

try this place at the end of this road there is a small car park no charge or signs, it is not used a great deal as it is on the road to Whale Island navy base. it should be fairly safe as there are arm guards just 200yrds away on the other side of the bridge.
This road only goes to the navy base and the houses in the road. Worth a look.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jenny & Warwick

Free Member
Sep 12, 2012
Portsmouth
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti 650MF
Exp
Since 2012
Eastney or Portsdown Hill

We stayed on the beach near to the RNLI station on Saturday night in Eastney (see Bill's post). The views are great, but space is limited. There is a new sign stating that motorhomes are banned, but there were about 6 of us there for the night (including one camper from Spain, and one from Germany). It is very safe and we will continue to park up there. Alternatively you could park up on the top of Portsdown Hill, there is a great view of the 'promised land' - Pompey, parking is free and like Eastney is popular with campervans, so you might not always find a space. Parking is in a couple of spots on the hill; one by the Churchillian pub and the other just to the west of this (300 metres). Enjoy your stay.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back