confession time, am I the only one? (1 Viewer)

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
Confession time, I go on the ferry and leave my fridge running on the gas supply, I never ever have my grey water tap closed, I empty my toilet cassette down the grid.

Having got that off my chest the environment has to suffer about 10 litres per day of water with a bit of shampoo, shaving cream and soap in it, about 10 litres of dirty washing up water, and the drains get our urine without any chemicals straight down the sewer.

I also need to admit that my windscreen washer is just water and washing up liquid and that is probably just as harmful as the stuff that comes out of my grey water tank.

Now, I want to know how many of you have looked into that toilet cassette and realised that it is about to overflow and decided to squeeze your legs together tightly or searched for a toilet. I would love to hear from those who have never ever taken the easy option of a secret, quiet download behind the bushes.

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Confession time, I go on the ferry and leave my fridge running on the gas supply, I never ever have my grey water tap closed, I empty my toilet cassette down the grid.

Having got that off my chest the environment has to suffer about 10 litres per day of water with a bit of shampoo, shaving cream and soap in it, about 10 litres of dirty washing up water, and the drains get our urine without any chemicals straight down the sewer.

I also need to admit that my windscreen washer is just water and washing up liquid and that is probably just as harmful as the stuff that comes out of my grey water tank.

Now, I want to know how many of you have looked into that toilet cassette and realised that it is about to overflow and decided to squeeze your legs together tightly or searched for a toilet. I would love to hear from those who have never ever taken the easy option of a secret, quiet download behind the bushes.

Does this need an answer?
Please will you publish reg no so I will know to stay as far away from you as possible!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
and the drains get our urine without any chemicals straight down the sewer.

If you are putting urine down regular drains on the road or down a household grey water system it wont be going into a sewer, it will be going directly and untreated into a water course somewhere .:Doh:
Broken Link Removed

As a child I used to play in a river full of fish & life, then a housing estate was built nearby and the road drains were plumbed into the river. When I went back there a few years ago the river looked dead and I watched a slick of oil bubbling out of the drain system where clearly someone had recently emptied their engine oil into the road drain system.

Last edited:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
sounds more like youre trying to get a bite, because surely youre not that lazy and irresponsible?

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Turn off your fridge when on the ferry or don't travel!

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
What's the problem?
We do all of the above plus we never turn off our gas on the road! We also always park our toad and a-frame next us on aires, occupying a motorhome parking space.....NOT!!!
:ROFLMAO:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
If you are putting urine down regular drains on the road or down a household grey water system it wont be going into a sewer, it will be going directly and untreated into a water course somewhere .:Doh:
Broken Link Removed

As a child I used to play in a river full of fish & life, then a housing estate was built nearby and the road drains were plumbed into the river. When I went back there a few years ago the river looked dead and I watched a slick of oil bubbling out of the drain system where clearly someone had recently emptied their engine oil into the road drain system.

hi, read the link again . waste grey water from households should be going into sewers . only surface water should be going into streams and rivers . sewage water goes in later after being treated . but ideally dont tip grey down a surface water drain .
that link explains it all very well.
these days very often surface water goes through the sewage plants for treatment but not as strict as the sewage . good link though .

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp

If what you say is true, you are a possibly dangerous individual who thinks sensible safety rules don't apply to them. One who does not give a fig for the safety of all the other people on the ferry even though you will have been made aware you should turn off the gas. Why do you think they ask you to do it, for fun?

You are also a dirty, inconsiderate unhygienic individual who appears quite happy to pollute anywhere you wish with your own muck including roads rainwater drains and the undergrowth without regard to others having to see/smell/experience it.

I too would like to have your registration number so I could avoid you should I be unfortunate enough to encounter you. In the mean time might I suggest it would be better for everyone for you to ensure that your motor homing career is as short as possible so that other people don't have to endure what you describe.

You said you would love to hear from those who have never ever taken the easy option, well you just have!

Of course, you are joking in which case please ignore the above, you are joking, aren't you? If you are not you have just answered your earlier post about why there are always two flies in the motorhome when you go to bed.

Last edited:

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Most of the grey water from my house goes on the garden in the summer, grey water from my MH only ever goes down the correct drain though. I can't get the MH into the garden
I always travel with the gas off, but we never empty the toilet because there are always bushes to use before we need to think about getting the cassette dirty :winky:
Allan

The last bit wasn't true!

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Unfortunately there are a few "Freedom Campers" that come to Cornwall during the Season, that Dump the contents of their Cassettes behind Hedges, down Roadside Drains in Public Toilets, etc etc:Sad:

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
I empty my toilet cassette down the grid, and the drains get our urine without any chemicals straight down the sewer.

That's incredible...I do the same.

But I travel to Bolton to do it.

:Cool:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Broken Link Removed

along with all the cow, horse, pig and sheep piss, and theres a hell of a lot more than the odd bit of human urine.......where is the difference please.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years

But then you are from Bolton.......:RollEyes:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Maybe you should get one of these for the rear panel :winky:::bigsmile:

I might:thumb:

Attachments

• mcrSQDRvm_AJbBLEpDr4JGQ.jpg
    mcrSQDRvm_AJbBLEpDr4JGQ.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 47

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997

I guess that rules the OP out of displaying a 'No Tools Left In This Vehicle Overnight' sticker then.. :Smile:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I have left my my grey water tank tap open when parked on grass. (It is open now and I have been here a week... no smell, no residue, no problem.

I think when the OP said he empties his cassette down the "grid" he meant the sewage system... ie public toilets etc not the rain water grids. I have emptied my chemical free porta potty down toilets for decades.

I have (and use) a generator.

My reg number is 20 GX 68

If the above behaviour prevents you from parking near to me GOOD!

The last type of person I need as a neighbour is a judgemental, self satisfied, holier than thou person who wants everyone to live life in the way he/she thinks it should...

So there!

Yah Boo Shucks to you and my Dad is bigger than yours so stick that in your pipe and smoke it...

JJ :Cool:

PS. You leave your fridge alight on gas on a ferry or train? You must be bloody mad!

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Whoa, it really is an eye opener, imagine in the middle of the Bay of Biscay a gas leak in the bilges of the ferry and the fridge pilot on a motor home sets it off :Eeek::Eeek:
Just 10 litres down the water course X how many motorhomes and caravans :Eeek::Eeek:
The mind boggles :Angry:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Whoa, it really is an eye opener, imagine in the middle of the Bay of Biscay a gas leak in the bilges of the ferry and the fridge pilot on a motor home sets it off :Eeek::Eeek:
Just 10 litres down the water course X how many motorhomes and caravans :Eeek::Eeek:
The mind boggles :Angry:

just 5 litres into a field X how many cows....per day :Eeek:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
just 5 litres into a field X how many cows....per day :Eeek:

The cows provide us with food and milk, the waste tippers could use facilities available, if we all dumped wild what a mess we would be in :Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back