rubber suspension assist (1 Viewer)

Oct 7, 2011
hereford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
since 1980
Anyone have any experience of Timbren rubber suspension assist as opposed to semi air suspension.
Seems to cost about a quarter as much and easy to fit,yet does a similar job to the air.
You obviously don't have a compressor to change the setting,but again saving costs.

OP
OP
H
Oct 7, 2011
hereford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
since 1980
Hi, it's on a 2000 reg S650 on a 416 CDI chassis

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Am not sure if that chassis has leaf springs, but if it does I had mine re-tensioned and an extra leaf put in. Made a huge difference and a much cheaper option. Broken Link Removed

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Anyone have any experience of Timbren rubber suspension assist as opposed to semi air suspension.
Seems to cost about a quarter as much and easy to fit,yet does a similar job to the air.
You obviously don't have a compressor to change the setting,but again saving costs.
I've had a look at the website. Timbren
It seems to cater for the USA market only. :Sad:

Cheers,

Jock.

OP
OP
H
Oct 7, 2011
hereford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
since 1980
Hi Jock,
Check out the following,
Company is called 'Ride Solutions' Rubbersuspension.com

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
http://www.rubbersuspension.com/ :winky:
I had something like that on a work van (already fitted when I bought) seemed to work good but no idea on price.:Smile:
I too fitted springs from a 5 ton van to the 3.5t camper that also worked a treat and seeing that I had bought the 5t as spares for next to nowt did not cost much ::bigsmile:I had forgotten I had it and went to the local spring place that quoted me about 250 for retension and extra leaf on both springs only for them to try doubling the price once they found out it was for a camper :Eeek:When I mentioned them trying to rip me off my son reminded me I had the 5t ones at there yard ::bigsmile::thumb:
terry

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
Fitted Timbren spring assisstors to my 4yr old Autotrail earlier this year. Got them from Ride Solutions on sale or return. First set were too long, touched the suspension all the time and transmitted vibration. Replacements allowed a small gap and, at my request, are softer compound.

My problem, with the Fiat chassis, was its harsh ride, which the Timbrens have helped to calm. Can't comment on wether semi-air would be any better but I think you're probably already aware of the differences ie maintenance and much higher cost. Also, I would think the inflatables are like multi speed windscreen wipers, never set right; and I'd always be adjusting them.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi Jock,
Check out the following,
Company is called 'Ride Solutions' Rubbersuspension.com
I did have a look at them thanks. :thumb:

If my suspension was of the leaf spring variety, I'd certainly be looking to fit something like those on the rear.

Cheers,

Jock.

OP
OP
H
Oct 7, 2011
hereford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
since 1980
Thanks for the reply Ed Excel,

I think that I've ruled out the semi air route for the reasons already mentioned.
Just got to investigate on either the rubber suspension or fitting of another leaf spring if thats possible.
The van just wallows abit on cornering, tyre pressures are fine, and I just think that it's a common problem.You would have thought that it would have been sorted at the vehicle design process.
Always astonishes me how many vans are on the road with problems from all the manufacturers that could easily have been resolved before being put on sale.

OP
OP
H
Oct 7, 2011
hereford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
since 1980
Had them fitted at last. Cost about £230 for the bits and £20 to fit by garage. Easy job but I'm no longer as nibble to get under and do it.
Has made a difference, van feels more stable and doesn't role about as much.
They are basically just two large rubber cylinders that fit in place instead of the bump stops, and reach down to the axle. About 8" long.
Cheap alternative to air, however you obviously cannot vary the pressure as you could with air.
Raised the back of the van by about 1". :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back