Jul 30, 2011
Coventry
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 years now
Hi
Have just got back from 2 lovely weeks in Annecy in the French Alps and on the last last day the water pump packed up. not to worry as we only had one day to manage without it. I have just started to check it out and applied 12 volts direct to it and it works fine. I cna open any tap and the relay clicks in on on the little board shown on the photo. it does not however switch the 12 v to the pump terminals. So i assume the little board where all the tap connections are made and the switching relay must have broke down?? if this is the case does anyone know where I can get one from. The vehicle is a Hobby 750 2004.
Many thanks for any help.

Attachments

• shurflo.jpg
    shurflo.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 126

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
someones been playing......

the shurflo pump has a built in pressure switch and just needs a 12v supply and earth but it appears someone has fitted the pump to run on tap micro-switchs, which is probably what the separate relay's are for.
micro-switch closes the relay thus supplying power to the pump pressure switch and in turn to the motor.

if power is applied directly to the pump, does the pump eventually stop (a few seconds) with taps closed ?

if it does you can scrap all the extra relays and wiring....possible points of failure and problems.
simply run a fused supply wire suitable for 10amps directly to the pump pressure switch terminals.

closing the taps will turn off the pump.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

Pezza

Free Member
Jul 30, 2011
Coventry
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 years now
Thanks for the info.

When I connect 12 v direct to the pump it runs regardless as to whether or not any of the taps are open. I understand your explanation about a pressure switch but it should therefore stop the pump running with a direct supply to it. The wiring to that relay does seem a bit of an add on but I have had the MH for 2 yrs now with no problems with the water system apart from the original pumped leaked so I replaced it but that was 18 months ago.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rolandrat

Free Member
Jan 5, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
The Shurflo pump isn't as good and reliable as it used to be if you have got 18 months out of your latest one you have done very well. My latest motorhome has had 3 pumps fitted and the previous one had 3 fitted so I always carry a spare and a very long shafted screwdriver. I've been told that the latest ones have been improved and will last longer so we'll see.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks for the info.

When I connect 12 v direct to the pump it runs regardless as to whether or not any of the taps are open. I understand your explanation about a pressure switch but it should therefore stop the pump running with a direct supply to it. The wiring to that relay does seem a bit of an add on but I have had the MH for 2 yrs now with no problems with the water system apart from the original pumped leaked so I replaced it but that was 18 months ago.

probably had the micro-switch bypassed in the pump to stop it interfering with the separate switch on the plastic box.

any 12v automotive relay should do the job if it will fit in the box...and you can get some small ones

$(KGrHqJ,!roFGVQ!fDHnBRqIupDY2w~~60_12.JPG

Link Removed

bandit

Free Member
Oct 2, 2011
Widnes,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
Shurflo pump

Afternoon all, if you need a new pump try,Mark Livesey,N/2/6 Nortex Mill,105 Chorley Old Road,Bolton,BL1 3AS.01204 775254,07954 789486.sales@thecaravanandcampingstore.co.uk.He will be able to supply you with one.I got a 10lt/min.....30psi....48pnds inc vat.very helpful.hope this helps :thumb:THE BANDIT

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
probably had the micro-switch bypassed in the pump to stop it interfering with the separate switch on the plastic box.

any 12v automotive relay should do the job if it will fit in the box...and you can get some small ones

Link Removed

Hi John I got some relays like them from local car spare shop for an unbelivable £2.49 each -- got 4 in the air suspension so always carry a spare-not that I have needed one yet :thumb:::bigsmile:
terry

OP
OP
P

Pezza

Free Member
Jul 30, 2011
Coventry
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 years now

Link Removed

Hi Pappajohn
Not sure what has happened as it has all been fine for 18 months. I have now used the feed from the pump switch on the control panel and connected directly to the pump, adjusted the screw on the end of the Sureflo and all is working perfectly now. Whether the original pump was a different type that used the individual microswitches on each tap, I don't know? So the pressure switch on the pump is now controlling it as it should do and all the other parts are not being used.
Thanks for the help

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back