Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Hi Roger

I have just moved the MH insurance & Breakdown from Saga (AA) to Comfort (RAC), I think the Caravan Club is Green Flag. In a previous life (work) I used to deal with the RAC and AA on a regular basis for a small fleet (50,000 vehicles) both were generaly OK but our fleet was UK based. The one thing worth noting is the RAC have a control centre in Lyon as well as the 3 in the UK which might help when in Europe.

Mike

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
we have RAC with comfort insurance both full uk and EU:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
We buy 12 months Multi Trip Red Pennant insurance from the Caravan Club which covers us for motoring & personal in Europe - just renewed for 2 of us with MH £270.00

Alan broke down with the caravan in France many years ago when he was over there with the kids, rang the Caravan Club, they kicked into action, had him towed to a nearby site and delivered a 4 x 4 replacement car & collected ours to bring back in less than 24 hours, and rung the site he was heading to and told them he was delayed - brilliant. It was well worth all the years we'd paid and not claimed.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
We use ADAC, it covers us personally irrespective of the vehicle we are in, both covered for £98, and that includes medical emergancies etc brill cover for the price. Used them twice and no problem. Europe 365 days.

hymernova1

Free Member
Jul 30, 2013
lincoln
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2011
ADAC

Hi

I am interested in ADAC but cannot find a UK telephone number to contact them. Can anyone help please. Not keen if we have to phone Germany due to the cost involved using a mobile phone.

Many thanks

Deleted User
Hi

I am interested in ADAC but cannot find a UK telephone number to contact them. Can anyone help please. Not keen if we have to phone Germany due to the cost involved using a mobile phone.

Many thanks

Don't think there is a UK number. I recently renewed mine and the only way is to ring Germany.

A search on here will come up with some numbers.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Hi

Many thanks

If you are in Europe it will probably cheaper to phone Germany than England. Only a couple of quid anyway.A.D.A.C were brilliant when i needed to get to get to hospital via ambulance in Spain last year. BUSBY::bigsmile:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
You save more than the cost of the phonecall.

Ring Barbara Lorenz on 0049 941 55673 She speaks perfect English and is a pleasure to deal with. She'll be happy to help with any queries. :thumb:

Braunston uploaded a copy of their cover in English for those who don't speak German, tis in the downloads section.
Link Removed

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Just got a quote from Red Pennant. The standard cover is only up to 66 days in any 12 months. Next tranche (under 'Long Stay') is 122 days, £350 ish. £168 days - over £750.

The thing was really we don't need the vehicle breakdown because ours is included in the motor insurance, and you get it in with the premium and there is no identified charge so you are already paying it. The only snag with it is, same as the 'nominally free' Travel cover with our bank account, the limit is 90 days.

If it suits you with the restrictions then yep, because the cover does seem to be very good. But it does go pretty expensive if it ain't quite right.

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
Adac Partnerplus, 79euros, everytime. As Roger says, ring Barbara Lorenz - takes literally less than 5 minutes to become members. Covers any vehicle you happen to be travelling in at any time. And, as far as Europeans are concerned, Europe is Europe, not Europe + a little island. Oh yes, forgot to mention, you're covered for all countries bordering the Med as well.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Roger

I have just moved the MH insurance & Breakdown from Saga (AA) to Comfort (RAC), I think the Caravan Club is Green Flag. In a previous life (work) I used to deal with the RAC and AA on a regular basis for a small fleet (50,000 vehicles) both were generaly OK but our fleet was UK based. The one thing worth noting is the RAC have a control centre in Lyon as well as the 3 in the UK which might help when in Europe.

Mike

The AA also have a big centre in Lyon, which was super helpful when we broke down in Carcassonne last year. Got a hire car, hotel expenses and the van sent home. Even got us a UK reg. car at Calais to drive home. That was through our Safeguard insurance AA option.

Catherine :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back