Morocco 2013/2014 (1 Viewer)

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
I have a created a Google Map - interactive with photos and comments from our travels to Morocco with MotorhomeFun.co.uk in 2013 - and thought others might also find it useful if thinking of travelling that way.

Thanks for 'extra comments' from SUGGY (Graham and Rosie) and (MRS) MrMotorhome (Carol) The posting 'Morocco 2013' is more detailed with many personal experiences.

It is my intention to update it when we travel there again in 2014 with other MotorhomeFUN members. :thumb:

Link HERE (Broken Link Removed) or Broken Link Removed in your browser.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Fantastic !!
You have been a busy man.. ::bigsmile:

Now if I can just get my passport to dry out as Irene has decided to wash it then I may be able to come next time.. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
MrMotorhome

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
Updated

I have know updated this Morocco google map with "Marjane" supermarkets on or near the main routes.

This may not appear important but when you are short of beer :Eeek: in Morocco - they are vital! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
most fair size towns have alcohol shops , been around for years . look in the back streets . but far better to load up in spain before crossing and far cheaper .

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
well done andrew, it will be of help to anyone who is going to morocco,
Thanks
Pat

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Last edited:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i just happened to be nosing about and saw it . looks like the tourist areas will be ok, i just thought might be usefull info.
looks like lidl,s at polmones is the top up shop. ha ha . 180 cans beer and 90litres of conde noble wine per person is ideal. throw in a few bottles of solera for extra,s . hee hee .

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Check the dates on those news reports - they were from 2012!
So any Marjane that sold alcohol this year will probably still be selling alcohol next year.
Panic over.

crizatuk

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
IOW
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 Full timing
Check the dates on those news reports - they were from 2012!
So any Marjane that sold alcohol this year will probably still be selling alcohol next year.
Panic over.

SHOPPING SHOPPING SHOPPING Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr lol

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

marjohn

Free Member
Jun 25, 2013
lowestoft
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
9 years
hello there

:thumb:
I have a created a Google Map - interactive with photos and comments from our travels to Morocco with MotorhomeFun.co.uk in 2013 - and thought others might also find it useful if thinking of travelling that way.

Thanks for 'extra comments' from SUGGY (Graham and Rosie) and (MRS) MrMotorhome (Carol) The posting 'Morocco 2013' is more detailed with many personal experiences.

It is my intention to update it when we travel there again in 2014 with other MotorhomeFUN members. :thumb:

Link HERE (Broken Link Removed) or Broken Link Removed in your browser.
we are hoping to go to morrocco in jan 2014 his it possible to fill up with gas at services many thanks marjohn

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
no autogas or lpg at pumps . bottles only . very cheap . you can fill from bottles if you tip them in or have a lpg pump . i have a manual pump its hard work .but works . look on ebay you can get 12v versions these days .

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
no autogas or lpg at pumps . bottles only . very cheap . you can fill from bottles if you tip them in or have a lpg pump . i have a manual pump its hard work .but works . look on ebay you can get 12v versions these days .

I just watched one on utube looks a bit dodgy ?

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
had my pump since the 70,s . every lpg conversion back then from the states had them . i got mine from the americans at newquay base . wasnt that many places to buy autogas then so you pumped bottles . i had my first gas kit in sep 76. a beam conversion from california . changed it later to landi artog .a dutch set up. calor supplied the tank . still have it here .

AlanVal

Free Member
Jan 3, 2008
S W Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Exp
Thank for the info Guys.Planning heading to Morocco. End Of Dec .Just have to sort the dog health forms out .Phoned Defra and they sent health forms to fill in they then send them to our vet to get signed .Only problem is the want exact date we go over ...Anyone on here take their dog to Morocco.. .

OP
OP
MrMotorhome

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
Thank for the info Guys.Planning heading to Morocco. End Of Dec .Just have to sort the dog health forms out .Phoned Defra and they sent health forms to fill in they then send them to our vet to get signed .Only problem is the want exact date we go over ...Anyone on here take their dog to Morocco.. .

Lots of people take dogs with them.

I would keep your dog on a lead at all times as there many wild dogs running loose, sometimes in packs. None were a problem.

OP
OP
MrMotorhome

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
:thumb:
we are hoping to go to morrocco in jan 2014 his it possible to fill up with gas at services many thanks marjohn

Not at Marjane, you can fill up at with Butane and also couple of Propane places as far as I am aware. As mentioned Gas is cheap, when possible cook out side with their bottles. :Eeek:

SUGGY is a self made Moroccan gas expert.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I feel The Need and this map makes the need even more.

For inexplicable reasons 'er indoors keeps saying she did not want to return, but gentle hints seem to be working.

We've done Europe to death for 20 odd years. There's an extra spice :RollEyes: in going to Morocco. Going more or less on our own or loosely coupled with other FUNsters should be much better than a DD route march. Not to mention the price.

I've just printed out The Map, about 20 priceless pages, thank you a lot.

AlanVal

Free Member
Jan 3, 2008
S W Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Exp
Lots of people take dogs with them.

I would keep your dog on a lead at all times as there many wild dogs running loose, sometimes in packs. None were a problem.[/QUOT

Thanks that part isn't a problem we went to Greece via Hungary ,Romania, Bulgaria dogs everywhere even dead ones no problem ours doesn't wander around off the lead. She did get attacked by three dogs in Sagres Portugal a few years ago ,we had her on the lead it didn't appear to deter them.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
keeping them on leads causes more trouble . they have to find their own place in the pack .
mine as spent more than half her life travelling . she will be 15 this november . she doesnt disappear now . but when she was younger she loved the community and i,m sure they are better equipped than us . they seem to speak all the languages . no matter what country your in . she was five weeks old when we first got her and never went in a building other than a camper for the next 8 months . i was putting some things in the trailer yesterday opened the front truck door .i think she thought i was going somewhere . ended up just taking her for a ride . like a big kid she is .

AlanVal

Free Member
Jan 3, 2008
S W Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Exp
Do you take her to Morocco as well Alan .ours is 13 this year so doesn't walk far now bit stiff ...like myself lol. .. She goes with us all the time. ..

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
yes . blackie as been loads of times .
you here stories of wild dogs . they arent really wild . i take food for them . see some year after year, blackie used to share her food with some . yet growl at others . she isnt too well at moment . getting thin .not eating . vet thinks she may have a growth inside her . might not make it this year . certainly cant see her coming back .
like the vet says at her age operation could kill her anyway . she isnt messing in the house or anything . but unfortunately its like watching parents die . she seems ok and sort of smiles but sleeps alot . if she gets worse might have to say bye bye .

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
couple of pics of blackie . the second one is at pego de altar in portugal. i,m sure a few of you know the spot .
the other is out in the dunes past mhamid .

Attachments

• Morocco 2008-2009 3 072.jpg
    Morocco 2008-2009 3 072.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 19
  • P3090444.jpg
    P3090444.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 22

AlanVal

Free Member
Jan 3, 2008
S W Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Exp
Shame about Blackie Alan it's hard when they get old .our corgi has a problem with her legs but a wee pill every morning and she gets about ok for how long who knows as long as she is pain free .I just give her an Ibuprofen 200 MLB the vet ok it .she just came 10000 MLB with us on the last trip we were going to leave her this time but can't do it to her she pines a bit when we go without her. Love the photo with the purple bus lol

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back