Password Manager (1 Viewer)

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
nope.... i'm kinda skeptical of anything that wants to manage my passwords.... probably the paranoid Luddite in me :ROFLMAO:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I use Roboform. Have done for a few years now. Would be totally lost without it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

My Dog Likes Fishing

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678
Exp
Hang on while I look at my watch
Not used that but have used Ewallet for years. A version on my laptop as well as my phone and syncs together no problem at all.

Deckard

Free Member
Mar 26, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
...looking
Exp
Noob
LockBox

I use an app called Lockbox - its encrypted with 442 Blowfish....which is 442 bit - and your bank online encryption is 128 bit....so its kinda strong...

...so strong if you lose you pass to open it - your er....knackered :Doh:

Its about $20 from CoffeeCup, I have used it for quite a while now. I like the fact i can copy to a USB or the MicroSD card in my dongle and carry it round - knowing it its lost, its not going to be opened!

I also use something that encrypts part of your hard drive (approx 4gb) and partitions it on another secret drive - this is opened using a dongle and password - so keeps sensitive stuff away from prying eyes - and no screaming breakdowns if it gets er...lost :Blush:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I use Lastpass. Was wary about it at first but have tested it to destruction and works a treat. I now have a totally different random password to most if not all the sites I use.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
I use one I "picked up" a few years ago from an American software house. It also encrypts its database. Like Deckard I use a product "Truecrypt" to create a partition on a memory stick which if it gets lost cant be opened without the key. Only disadvantage of the password safe is that it does not synch with desktop and laptop etc.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
another happy lastpass user here. just does what I need with pretty good security. I never ever put financial details on the computers hard disc and overwrite any files after printing if I need to write a letter. backups of my important files on micro sd cards so simple to conceal and hold huge quantities of data for normal use.

photos, ebooks and music are on external drives with a backup at another address. the only value being personal, I dont expect anyone else would be interested.

anyway back to passwords, what I use on sites like paypal and what I use on forums are vastly different in complexity. Its worrying to know so many people use the same password on everything. sniffing a password out on certain sites is childsplay. change them and change them regularly and save them in a secure password store or it could cost you a fortune if a crook gets in. also never save passwords in your browser either, its just asking for trouble

electricscott

Free Member
Nov 23, 2010
Buckden Marina
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 year
I use one I have had for nearly 60 years. it is called a Brain :ROFLMAO: trouble is it has been failing me recently and I am looking to upgrade its memory :Angry:

cbrookson

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2011
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur RX9 2012
Exp
Since 2001
Lastpass for me too. I use two factor authentication with a Yubikey to authenticate so a password to open it is not enough ......... you also need a physical token. Good if you lose your PC.

Cheers

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I use Norton's Identity Safe and have done for several years...

Catherine

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
I keep forgetting my passwords and keep having to wait for an email in order to create a new password and then promptly forget the new one:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back