Hi there were Newbies from Wales (1 Viewer)

bethoport

Free Member
Jul 29, 2013
Penrhyndeudraeth
Funster No
MH
Van Coversion Mercedes
Exp
i'm a newbie
Just picking up our New campervan today we're so excited but i'm unsure if we need to join a club ? I told the Insurance I was going to so i could get a discount is being on here good enough?

Appreaciate any feedback.

Beth, Martin & Bobby

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
First of all welcome. You will definitely benefit from being a Motorhome Fun member. This site alone is more than worth the subscription - I have often said that I'd still use it even if I didn't have a m/h! It'just such a friendly (usually) helpful and entertaining bunch of people.

I believe that it is acceptable as a recognised club but you could always confirm this with them.

Good luck and bon route
:welcome:
Wyn

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Hi and welcome to the FUN, " most of the advice on here is very good" but as with most sites you sometimes have to take it with a pinch of salt, as Wyn said it's more than worth the price.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Welcome from Llantrisant ::bigsmile:
As said,the knowledge available on here is worth far more than the subs,and,if you attend any meets you will usually the Ddraig Goch flying from a few vans :thumb:

Mike

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Hi and a big :welcomefunster:
Margaret & Bill in the sunny south of Scotland::bigsmile:

OP
OP
B

bethoport

Free Member
Jul 29, 2013
Penrhyndeudraeth
Funster No
MH
Van Coversion Mercedes
Exp
i'm a newbie
Freindly Lot

Thank you for the welcome. We have our campervan now :thumb: just need to go out in it so staying local this weekend and next to test it out. This should be fun.:ROFLMAO: We dont have a clue of what were doing only had tents before so if any of you know of a good site that would help us we would really appreciate it.

Diolch

Beth, Martin & Bobby

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and welcome to motorhome fun, enjoy :thumb:

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Welcome to FUN

Do you have any single females. 48-58 yoa who are in to motor homes. ? Send em this way. He he he.

Now this should get a few comments. He he he

Name and number given in PM

Hey you lot shy lads get nowt !!!!
This lad gets even less. Pmsl

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
We dont have a clue of what were doing only had tents before so if any of you know of a good site that would help us we would really appreciate it.

Diolch

Beth, Martin & Bobby

What will become immediately apparent as different from camping in a tent is the lack of setting up. Pitching consists of nothing more than putting on the handbrake then put on the kettle. (Actually you may want to fill your water tank before pitching up, but that's it)

Have fun

Wyn

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
What will become immediately apparent as different from camping in a tent is the lack of setting up. Pitching consists of nothing more than putting on the handbrake then put on the kettle. (Actually you may want to fill your water tank before pitching up, but that's it)

Have fun

Wyn

Hiya!

PMSL when I read this post; because it's exactly how we came to buy a MoHo in the first place !

After taking a dome tent down at approx. 08.30 - 09.00 hrs in 38 degree heat and 72% humidity (figures kindly supplied by bloke in a Swift Kontiki on an almost adjacent campsite pitch) involving me nearly passing out several times whilst attempting to undo a couple of clips holding the bedroom compartment up and having to come out, sit down (on the folded up groundsheet, where else?) and put me head between my knees on a site nr Argenton sur Creuse in early July 2009, I said to Pete, 'I'm getting too f*$£!ng old for this!'

By early August 2009 we were back in France in our new (then) motorhome enjoying ourselves again and haven't looked back since. (In fact we can't look back now anyway; cos we haven't got a rear window any more!)

I'd put money on your loving it !

PS. Wyn exaggerated. Sometimes, it's necessary to use levelling blocks. That takes a spirit level and another 30 seconds or so. Then of course, you do have to turn the gas on in the locker - if you even remembered to turn it off in the first place ......

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bethoport

Free Member
Jul 29, 2013
Penrhyndeudraeth
Funster No
MH
Van Coversion Mercedes
Exp
i'm a newbie

Have fun

Wyn

Thanks we've had a night in our campervan and loved it with some newbies in a caravan which helped us a little it was brill we are now planning to do something every weekend if we can. There is one thing I found (maybe coz i'm a girl and know nothing of electrics :RollEyes:) can you have the tv on when not plugged in to hook up?

Cheers campers

Beth

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Hi and welcome from Sunny Kent
You can get a 12 tv or use an inverter to power a 230 v tv. 24v, is what you usually find in an HGV. If you have a 3 way fridge, the most economical way is to switch it to gas ( assuming you have gas bottles fitted) Running it off your battery (12v) when static will drain the battery very quickly ( as will the tv!)
Allan

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bethoport

Free Member
Jul 29, 2013
Penrhyndeudraeth
Funster No
MH
Van Coversion Mercedes
Exp
i'm a newbie
Hi and welcome from Sunny Kent
You can get a 12 tv or use an inverter to power a 230 v tv. 24v, is what you usually find in an HGV. If you have a 3 way fridge, the most economical way is to switch it to gas ( assuming you have gas bottles fitted) Running it off your battery (12v) when static will drain the battery very quickly ( as will the tv!)
Allan

Thank you Allan,

OMG I think we have a lot to learn about how things work lol i rely on Plug and play and hope for the best hahahaha

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
I didn't think three way fridges worked on 12v unless the engine is turning (ours won't anyway) so it's a case of 240v when on hookup or gas when not on hookup and 12v only while travelling.

Wyn

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back