Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
Any preference as to make, size?
Is it for using in a camera Siftzz, if so do yourself a favour and go for the biggest memory the camera can handle and don't mess about go for quality. They are relatively cheap these days so don't spoil the ship etc etc Sandisc all the way for me
Whoops, sorry just noticed your post is in photography....so stupid bl....y question, but I still stand by the rest

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Depends what for Dave. For a camera that writes large files and has a fast shooting sequence then go for the fastest you can afford. Lexar Pro or Sandisk Extremes. For a regular compact camera, you can get away with the much cheaper sandisk ultra's

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Totally agree on that Sandisk and the largest size the camera will support

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
Canon EOS 400D RAW files :winky:
Definitely definitely Sandisc and the best you can afford and the camera can handle. You will eat memory with RAW files so don't pinch if you can afford, also you may like to Jpeg as well as RAW, that way you can view your files on your computer/tablet (sorry if trying to teach you to suck eggs)
PS WATCH OUT THERE ARE SOME HOOKIE CARDS AROUND

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I go for the fastest, rather than the largest, often you can find very fast pro but low capacity disks going really cheap. I used to have 4 x 8gb when the 32GB cards were just too expensive, but they were just as fast. And of course you can buy them over time.

I now have 4 x 16gb which I bought cheaper than you could by a 64GB (at the time) I prefer having my photos spread around, rather than all on the one disk.

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
I go for the fastest, rather than the largest, often you can find very fast pro but low capacity disks going really cheap. I used to have 4 x 8gb when the 32GB cards were just too expensive, but they were just as fast.

I now have 4 x 16gb which I bought cheaper than you could by a 64GB (at the time) I prefer having my photos spread around, rather than all on the one disk.
Valid point Jim. Less chance of losing everything that way. I tend to transfer everything on to an external memory drive....but then I tend to mess around on Lightroom with my stuff

Gaz

Free Member
Nov 25, 2007
cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since june 2005
I have only been using 4/8 gb cards until just recently when I bought some 16 gb card .

I would hate to loose a lot of photos if anything happen to a card

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
As above, you're better off with a number of low capacity but high speed cards, rather than a smaller number of high capacity. If a big capacity card goes t!ts up, you've lost a lot of pics, compared to a few on a small capacity card.
Does that make sense...??

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
Agree with scan disc and say 8gb but check the write spead of the camera as no point in buying cards that can write faster than the camera especially if shooting RAW files
I only shoot RAW if I am taking images for competitions otherwise just shoot in jpeg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back