Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Yeah we've had one for years, brilliant bit of kit just like having an electric oven in the van. Only thing it doesn't do is brown off eg if cooking a chicken we'll bung it in the gas oven for the last 5 / 10 minutes to brown off.
Makes lovely roast dinners and especially good for fish. Enjoy :thumb:

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Great piece of kit. My wife would forget to pack me but ALWAYS takes her Remoska.
Used ours for over 20 years now and had three replacements from Lakeland under warranty without any hassle.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

steles

Free Member
Sep 2, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
Panel Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2005
Seems to me that must be a fault with yours. We have had ours now for 5 years best thing is its ability to brown off especially roast chicken. Pretty good for bread and scones.
steles

yorkshirepudding

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Pudsey/Leeds
Funster No
MH
Thinking of tenting again
Exp
September '09
A must have piece of kit. Not the cheapest but definitely the best. Browns off fine.
You can do anything you would in your home oven. Sunday roast, Yorkshire pudds, cakes, scones, you name it, it'll do it.

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
We have a remoska and used it a lot. It was good but needs 240v so either mains hook up or inverter.

We took the decision earlier this year to ditch all the 240v appliances we could and stick to 12v or gas.

We tend to wild park or use Aires/CLs with minimum facilities rather than campsites.

Kettle now gas
Remoska replaced by Double Skillet.
Slow cooker replaced by Pressure cooker.
George Forman Grill replaced by Double Skillet
Electric Toaster replaced by one of the flat type on gas

I still have to have 240v for the printer/scanner
Electric shaver recharging
Hair Dryer
Shredder
For these we have a 2kw inverter.

Everything else that will run on 12v now does, including the HD sat box that replaced the mains Sky box, Phone chargers, Computer PSU.

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
Yeah we've had one for years, brilliant bit of kit just like having an electric oven in the van. Only thing it doesn't do is brown off eg if cooking a chicken we'll bung it in the gas oven for the last 5 / 10 minutes to brown off.
Makes lovely roast dinners and especially good for fish. Enjoy :thumb:

???????? Ours does, try sprinkling salt over then skin :thumb:

The Remoska is a great bit of kit, we've also bought a 'Koolatron' via Amazon, which is similar, cheaper and has an adjustable temperature control, but to be honest the build quality is not as good as the Remoska

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
We have had one for years and also have one at home.

Ours browns a chicken off to perfection, so first reply from forestboy must have a fault with his, or doesn't leave it in long enough. Cooks a 2.8 kg chicken and browns it to perfection in an hour and a half.:Smile:

Zebadee

Free Member
Aug 2, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
VW Trophy
Exp
I'm a Newbie
Anyone using one of these? are they any good, experiences?

Yes, I've got a Remoska, had it for a few years now, mine is the standard size,
They are very versatile, but I cook mainly a full English breakfast in mine! yummy:thumb:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Anyone using one of these? are they any good, experiences?

Hi
Have a look at the Czec cooker same type of thing, but it has a heat regulator on the handle which the Ramoska is missing, also a lot cheaper we got ours 5 years ago from Ideal world also on Amazon. Pete :thumb:

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
Hi
Have a look at the Czec cooker same type of thing, but it has a heat regulator on the handle which the Ramoska is missing, also a lot cheaper we got ours 5 years ago from Ideal world also on Amazon. Pete :thumb:

Keep up and get with the programme ::bigsmile:

It's a Koolatron, I mentioned it in my earlier post. :winky:

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
What's the difference between a Remoska
Link Removed

And a Halogen Oven
http://www.lakeland.co.uk/7669/Grand-Remoska-Electric-Cooker

apart from the price?

Bob.

We've got both. We thought the Halogen was an excellent bit of kit until we found the Remoska. For one thing the Remoska is silent as it has no moving parts. One of its main advantages is at around 800 watts it's cheaper to run, but it also seems to cook better.
Our halogen oven has been relegated to the cupboard.
As I've said in other posts, as an alternative there is the Koolatron which is similar to a Remoska with the addition of a thermostat in the handle. It's not got the same build quality of the Remoska but works just as well. Another benefit of the Remoska is that Lakeland give it a lifetime guarantee.:thumb:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
???????? Ours does, try sprinkling salt over then skin :thumb:

The Remoska is a great bit of kit, we've also bought a 'Koolatron' via Amazon, which is similar, cheaper and has an adjustable temperature control, but to be honest the build quality is not as good as the Remoska

Dont know about the build quality, but we have had our CZECH (it says so on the label) for 5 years and it's used on a regular basis and still perfect condition and what ever Lynn cooks in it is beautiful, and has for getting with the programme we prefer ITV 3. :thumb::thumb:

Allegro83

Free Member
Jul 20, 2010
Balfron, Stirling
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer L
Exp
15 years
I have had a Remoska for a number of years now, having said I didn't need one, I wouldn't go away without it. I also have the recipe book which is good. I would also not be without a circle of 'Bake o Glide' or 'Magic Non-stick liner' (Lakeland) which I use and wash instead of the foil which Remoska recommend to slow down cooking.
Once you get used to your Remoska you can adapt your recipes.

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
Dont know about the build quality, but we have had our CZECH (it says so on the label) for 5 years and it's used on a regular basis and still perfect condition and what ever Lynn cooks in it is beautiful, and has for getting with the programme we prefer ITV 3. :thumb::thumb:

Hi We've got bother the Remoska and the Koolatron.
In our view the bowl of the Koolatron is not as good as the Remoska, it's much thinner, having said that it cleans just as easily and cooks just as well. We keep the Koolatron for use in the van because the power lead is detachable making it easier to store :Smile:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Update on Czech cooker/Remoska

Well after reading a few threads on here I bought the (Remoska look-a-likie) Czech cooker a few months ago. So far I have cooked the following in it:-
A cake
Chilli
Shepherds Pie
Roast Chicken
Sausage casserole
Rabbit casserole
Sausages for breakfast
Baked potatoes
Chciken curry

Some of these thingswere cooked in the van and some in the house. I can honestly say I would not like to be with out it now. It's extremely easy to use and clean up afterwards, very economical and seems to cook things quicker than a conventional oven. Love it.

Somehow th food tastes nicer than in the halogen oven which I have also also used in the van.

Tonight a 1.6kg chicken took an hour to cook. Nothing as good as coming back in from an evening run or dog walk to the smell of cooked chicken.

If you are thinking of getting one of these I would say go for it. Takes up less room in the van than the halogen oven, is lighter, does not blind you during use and is quiet.

ChrisG46

Free Member
Feb 28, 2009
Felixstowe, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
VW Camper
Exp
Since Summer 2013
Love the remoska - and ideal for jackets spuds with a splash of olive oil - wonderful!

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Tefal cheaper alternative

- bought a Tefal Roast & Bake which is like the large Remoska & a lot cheaper at around ÂŁ90 online. We managed to get a box damaged one from Amazon Warehouse Deals for only ÂŁ50 & added the Remoska rack ÂŁ6.49 & cover ÂŁ4.99 (both at sale prices) from Lakeland so even better now & cooks well. I agree that the guarantee Lakeland offer is unbeatable but if you are unsure about whether this type of cooking meets your needs then this is a lower cost starting point.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
The one I have is the Czech cooker, very similar to the Lakeland Remoska but has a thermostats and the cable detaches. It also comes with a lid stand which is very useful. Oh and it was about ÂŁ50 cheaper than the Lakeland version.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Liver and Bacon

Another lovely meal in the Remoska. Liver and bacon with crushed new potatoes and a dash of Reggi Reggi sauce in the gravy. We are not away in the van, I just like cooking with the Remoska!

Aug 4, 2009
Saltdean, Brighton
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Exp
22 years
Remoska.

Popped in to Lakeland today . . . the sole distributor of the Remoska. Told they no longer stock them as a new type is on the horizon for next year! Manufactured by I am afraid i do not know. Questioned the assistant on any warranty claim on the old model ie Lakelands extensive product guarantee. She was a little vague but sounded as if you probably have to produce a purchase receipt. We have just recently started using our Remoska . . . a great piece of kit and very pleased both with it's extremely low electricity usage essential for use on 6amp sites. Decision, buy on eBay now or see what emerges next year!!! Good Luck.:cry:

Last edited:

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Only three left

We have just bought a standard size one today.

It had to be brought from another store and is supposed to be one of only three left in the country. :thumb::thumb:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Loads on amazon.

Don't be fooled by Lakelands monopoly on the Remoska brand. This is the one I have The Czech oven, it's cheaper and more versatile than the Lakeland version. With the thermostat you can turn things right down once cooked.
Link Removed

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Popped in to Lakeland today . . . the sole distributor of the Remoska. Told they no longer stock them as a new type is on the horizon for next year! Manufactured by I am afraid i do not know. Questioned the assistant on any warranty claim on the old model ie Lakelands extensive product guarantee. She was a little vague but sounded as if you probably have to produce a purchase receipt. We have just recently started using our Remoska . . . a great piece of kit and very pleased both with it's extremely low electricity usage essential for use on 6amp sites. Decision, buy on eBay now or see what emerges next year!!! Good Luck.:cry:

Good job we have 3 then, one in the van and two in the kitchen which are often used at the same time.

Mike

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
A remarkable piece of kit! We have the standard size Remoska - rated at just 470 watts! Used all the time at home and in the van.

Can just about use it on a measly 3-amp hook-up, which pop up occasionally in France. :winky:

And my better half cooks an astonishing range of things in it. She seems to view it as a challenge to see just how many different types of dishes it can be used for. :thumb:

Mike

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back