Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
My in laws had a renault trafic converted earlier this year so they can come away with us. The problem is they have realised that they actually want something bigger (toilet and shower).
They found one that they like, but have been told that their van is not worth very much. It was converted by a proper company and is registered as a motorhome with dvla. Dvla know the work the company does and so didn't need any pictures or anything to do this.
His anyone any advice on getting a value. Tried looking on eBay etc for similar but they either have huge miles or are vw and so this commands a premium.
It's a 57 plate on around 26k miles. Pop top. Rock and roll bed. Captains chair.

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Anything is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it.

Plucking figures out of the air, I would reckon somewhere in the region of £12,000 would be a reasonable figure to start with, but it's only a guess.

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
my advice would be first of all, contact the company that carried out the conversion. some of them [the reputable ones] have a buy back scheme or would at very least be able to sell it on a agreed commission basis. if anyone should be able to give you a true value of what it will actually sell for its them ! although it isnt a vw, it does have a decent selling factor, in the fact that it is low milage , a lot of the conversion firms have dealers and traders [ i was one myself] looking out for low milage base vans for their customers conversion choices ! any salesman worth his salt should have no problem in selling a vehicle that is already converted and ready to go [and backed up with the company conversion warranty possibly] ! the vast majority of 6year old base vans out there will have 100k plus on them ! regards garry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi it's hard to tell but if you want to post some pics either on here or via pm I will give you a good idea on what to ask ---IF it's a good conversion (comparible to a big manufacturers) it should bring good money but bare in mind no loo/shower so that limits it's uses.
A BASE VAN YOU ARE LOOKING AROUND 3.5 TO 4.5 K WITH low milage and pop top add another 1k then you may get another 3/4k for the conversion depending how good it's been done. Add all up 8/9k Try advertising it at a couple of grand more than they paid for it to be done or the least they want :Smile:see how it goes Better still see if a loo etc can be fitted
terry

OP
OP
errpaul

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
Thanks for the replies so far.
They paid with van and conversion around £18k I think.
There is an adria I have seen which is the same layout and on the renault which a dealer has for £23k, but mileage is around 80k although it is a year newer.
Sounds like they stand to lose a lot on it then........no way to add anything else as there isn't the space. We gave them a porta poti which we had from our camping days.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Stick it up at 18k then and see how it goes (if you are confident about like for like conversion) you could always use the dealer priced van as a comparison inyour add :winky: pointing out yrs and milage
Good luck
Terry

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Maybe they could try a few free ads seeing if there is anyone who may like to downsize and do a swop,cash either way or something like that,just a thought.:winky:

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Panel van conversions are very popular at the moment the last year or so they seem to be packing them out with lots of gadgets ant kit. The prices are crazy for well kitted conversions but they need to look professionally converted.
All conversions are different, Take a look on ebay for an idea of prices.

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001
To me a major consideration would be how long I had to sell it. The longer the time the higher the starting price.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
a quick comparison search on Ebay for a 2007 newly converted camper van suggests that its worth £12,000 to £14,000. however finding a buyer with the cash is the hard part. the lack of toilet will put many potential buyers off

if you need to sell it quick, youre unlikely to achieve its true value

take a look here. scroll down the page and you will see some similar vans of the same age
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_o...RC0.A0.X2007&_nkw=2007&_sacat=14256&_from=R40

OP
OP
errpaul

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
Thanks everyone for your replies. Great advice as always.
Think as they are in no rush will probably put it up for what they paid, but might not make it.
Will get them to contact the converter to see if they're interested in buying it or can at least put a value on it.
Think they will lose money on it though.
Thing is they would rather keep it and try to 'make do' than lose lots! They think differently to us!

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
All may not be that bad Paul
Link Removed
Terry

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
All may not be that bad Paul
Link Removed
Terry
you do realise that the £25,000 van you linked to is a 2013 not a 2007 as Paul is trying to value?

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
you do realise that the £25,000 van you linked to is a 2013 not a 2007 as Paul is trying to value?

Yes but it is also plus VAT making it 30k -I would expect value around 15/16 k at 5 yrs
:winky:
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back