do you know http://www.motorhomestopover.co.uk/ ? (1 Viewer)

lucfo

Free Member
Jul 26, 2013
Toulouse
Funster No
MH
I'm a newbie
hello,

Link Removed

Do you know this site ? Is it serious ?

I tried to get the online membership to receive the list of motorhome aires, I paid with card july 21 36 euros, I think I made a mistake in my mail address, but I sent through the "contact us" section my mail without error 3 days ago, no answer yet. I am waiting for their mail to get and print the list.
I'm french so maybe I didn't understand something in the procedure ?
I am leaving Toulouse tomorrow morning and no computer during travel !!

Anyone can help me please ?!!!
thanks in advance
Luc from Toulouse SW France

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Yes, it is real. My sister uses the stopovers all the time but I can't help you with your problem. Is the a phone number for you to contact them?

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
hello,

Link Removed

I tried to get the online membership to receive the list of motorhome aires, I paid with card july 21 36 euros, I think I made a mistake in my mail address, but I sent through the "contact us" section my mail without error 3 days ago, no answer yet. I am waiting for their mail to get and print the list.

thanks in advance

Hi,
Have looked at the contents of this guide; it contains less than 500 sites in England; less than 20 in Scotland and less than 5 in northern Ireland I feel that £37.50 is an exorbitant price to pay.
If you are looking to stay at pubs I would say simply drive up ask for the duty manage and ask. My experience is that is they have a large car park and are not likely to be full to overflowing the answer will be yes especially if you are having more than a drink.

I have done this and found most landlord to be most helpful.

Sorry we have nothing in UK to compare with your wonderful aire de camping; Bonne vaccance (I think - have a good holiday)

Norman

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Yeah I'd say that's a ripoff, don't bother, Britstops is much the same but more genuine places, but even them seem a bit dear if you have a meal or whatever they offer, I'm in Britstops but don't think il bother again

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
It's a bit pricey.. If you want to stop over at pubs just take a look at Keith's map.. :thumb:

Beat me to it Jim :winky:

Look below at the top of my signature Luc.

Disagree that Britstops is a rip off, we have used some without any coast to us. Farm shops are good for a cuppa and all been very welcoming.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I don't bother with any of these type of sites. I just look for a pub with a big car park. Then I politely ask the landlord if it is ok to sleep in my camper on his yard overnight as I want a meal and quite a few beers. I let him know I will be off early afternoon.

I have never had a rejection yet.

OP
OP
L

lucfo

Free Member
Jul 26, 2013
Toulouse
Funster No
MH
I'm a newbie
thank you for your kind answers, it will help us
We'll in Dover this sunday, with or without this list !

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Disagree that Britstops is a rip off, we have used some without any coast to us. Farm shops are good for a cuppa and all been very welcoming.

Didn't say Britstops was a ripoff, just said they could be dear if you use the facility's I think the idea is very good but will never be like France passion

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
hello,

Link Removed

thanks in advance

Salut Luc!

Fais moi passer ton num de portable , je te ferai passer les infos si il y en a d'autres qui sont postées entre temps. Je pourrai ainsi te filer le mien. Je serai en Angleterre tout août ou presque. En cas de blême je pourrai peut être t aider. Bonnes vacances!

Amicalement

Frankie

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003

Didn't say Britstops was a ripoff, just said they could be dear if you use the facility's I think the idea is very good but will never be like France passion

But surely they are the same, no charge for stopping, some have only a few facilities and they hope you spend some cash with them, but no obligation to. Sounds the same to me in both cases, or can you tell me the difference between them?

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
We like using Britstops and, considering you get a well printed listings book (very similar to France Passion) , I think its good value.

I agree that it would be easy to just go to a pub and ask if you can park in their car park overnight but I think it would be a different story with farm shops, vineyards etc This is where Britstops wins - you know they will say 'yes'.

www.britstops.com

Paul

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
But surely they are the same, no charge for stopping, some have only a few facilities and they hope you spend some cash with them, but no obligation to. Sounds the same to me in both cases, or can you tell me the difference between them?

Your own pub stops thing is as good as the first one, but Britstops has got dedicated parking and mostly only for members, and will get better I'm sure, but I stayed on a vineyard in Kent last week and thought ok ill buy a bottle or two, went to have a look in his shop cheapest about a tener and upto £25, and that's us with about 60 bottles on board from Calais at just over a euro a bottle. So I am afraid that was a free night:winky:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Never seen that one before, but same again much better than the op s site for £30, very interesting but not free parking

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
I think the site in Norfolk at £15 per night plus £2 for a dog is way ott not for me, when children go free. seems as though some sights are milking it, all I want is somewhere safe for me and my well behaved dog, with disposal points and a tap, at a reasonable rate, surely I am not asking for a lot.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back