Hi from a newbie with a problem Motorhome (1 Viewer)

goatboy

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Autohomes Wanderer
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi everybody!

I've recently bought my Autohomes Wanderer, & have been discovering faults & problems with it right from the start. I've been away three time since buying it, including a trip to Spa, Belgium (for the Bikers Classics.....ACE!!!), & apart from overheating probs, hopefully sorted with a new Rad, & a blowout on my way back up the M1, which was an interesting experience, to put it mildly, I'm enjoying "living the dream, man".
However, I've now got an electrical problem concerning a blowing fuse in the circuit for the nearside front sidelight & the offside rear lights.
I don't yet know my way around the forum, or whether this is the right place to make an enquiry, but does anybody out there know where the the wiring to the rear light cluster re-appears after it disappears inside the rear chassis rail? Does it perhaps pass over the front offside wheel arch?
Any help or advice would be most gratefully received.

Thanks in advance!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi goatboy and welcome.

sorry cant help with the routing but have you removed and inspected the side light units.
could just be bad corrosion within the bulb holder causing a short circuit.
there may be a plastic junction box somewhere along the chassis for the converter installed rear lights to connect to the original van wiring, this could have leaked and corroded.

unusual to find front n/s and rear o/s on the same fuse, normally both on the same side, but with some converters its not unheard of.

Last edited:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
my advice is pop onto Ebay and buy a DVD of the service manual for the fiat base vehicle. use the wiring diagrams to trace the wiring and look for a corroded joint or bad earth on the circuit

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
G

goatboy

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Autohomes Wanderer
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks

Thanks to you both for you're advice. My inexperience has already been displayed by my not mentioning that the base vehicle is a Peugeot Boxer, but I think both of you are probably aware of this.
I've crawled around under the complete underside of the vehicle & cannot see any connectors. There are lots behind the interior panels under the glovebox & I've identified a Yellow with Black trace wire that the fault is on, but I don't know where it goes before it becomes just Yellow.
I don't relish the thought of pulling the whole dash apart, especially as I've a couple of trips already planned while we're getting this unusually nice weather.
With regard to a DVD manual, I suppose I might have to, although I always prefer to have a proper, paper manual for vehicles.

Wish me luck, I'm gonna need it!

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Goatboy, I hope you get your problems sorted soon. Meanwhile welcome to the fun :thumb:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Welcome!

Don't worry! There's no such thing as a problem free motorhome!
They only exist in the imagination of salesmen!!!!!!!!::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Thanks to you both for you're advice. My inexperience has already been displayed by my not mentioning that the base vehicle is a Peugeot Boxer, but I think both of you are probably aware of this.
I've crawled around under the complete underside of the vehicle & cannot see any connectors. There are lots behind the interior panels under the glovebox & I've identified a Yellow with Black trace wire that the fault is on, but I don't know where it goes before it becomes just Yellow.
I don't relish the thought of pulling the whole dash apart, especially as I've a couple of trips already planned while we're getting this unusually nice weather.
With regard to a DVD manual, I suppose I might have to, although I always prefer to have a proper, paper manual for vehicles.

Wish me luck, I'm gonna need it!

unfortunately you will find that the existence of a paper manual for the peugeot boxer is not easily available. also note that the peugeot boxer/citroen relay/fiat ducato are the same van built at the same plant:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back